talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga - Rate your Season so far

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We started well, but now have lost 3 games in a row and our defense looks very vulnerable again. Still 17 points in 11 games and 7th in the league, so I'm not complaining but we need to improve again.

Best performance?

Probably the 3-1 win against Hertha or 2-0 against Wolfsburg. Hard to choose, as we've actually been creating chances and looked good going forward in almost all matches this season (with a few exceptions), but failed to convert them way too often and also been very vulnerable defending counterattacks and often struggled against wide players. 

Worst performance?

2-6 against Leverkusen :shutup: So many individual mistakes.

How is the manager doing so far?

I feel like his tactics are mostly spot on most of the time and I like how flexible he is (although sometimes it feels like maybe he's a bit too flexible and utilises too many different formations and tactics), but we still have the same old problems in defense that resurfaced again recently. Well that and bad finishing, but that's not the fault of the manager, just like individual mistakes that decided the game a few times so far.

Best player?

Maxi Eggestein, hands down. A special shout out to Theo Gebre Selassie.

Hopes for the rest of the season?

I just hope we can improve again and finish in the upper half of the table. European spot is still a possibility, but I wouldn't bet on it. A few players need to improve for that to happen; Kruse and Veljkovic are playing well below the par at the moment, Klaassen still needs time as he's been good but not as good as he can be, and we need to start converting our chances. 

Best performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LDrapWDd0w

Worst performance?

Too many.

Our new coach Torsten Lieberknecht is doing pretty well so far. Still a long way to go though.

Best player?

Fabian Schnellhardt, hands down. A special shout out to Cauly Souza.

Promotion!

• Subscriber

Best performance?

There hasnt been many, probably the supercup against Frankfurt 5-0 win.

Worst performance?

Probably the 1-1 draw with Ajax. There was basically nothing to take out of this match, except for Renato Sanches looking half decent for once and by half decent he was beyond wasteful all over the pitch while looking like our best player.

Hes been ok. Clearly hasnt been able to manage the egos at play, the problems lie further up the chain though and unless those are fixed it doesnt matter who manages this team. 

Best player?

Thiago easily.

Survive a bajillion injuries, have less embarrassing pressers, replace Robbery.

Best performance?

Biggest win is undoubtedly against Köln, but best performance may have honestly been just this last weekend against Aue.

Worst performance?

Jahn Regensburg. We got bent over so bad. No idea how Leo Lacroix is able to walk still.

Well... thought Titz was actually doing alright, but Wolf is 4-0 as manager, so I certainly can’t complain. 

Best player?

Orel Mangala. I pray to the football gods during every single match that somehow we’ll find a way to lift him off Stuttgart. What an absolute gem they’ve unearthed in this kid.

HSV doesn't always play in the Zweitaliga, but when they do, they win it.

I wish to be able to make that jpg at the end of the season. 

Best performance?

Undoubtedly the most recent game for Köln, an 8-1 win over Dynamo Dresden.

Worst performance?

There’s been a few games recently where Köln have underperformed and have scraped draws and only two defeats all season, I’d probably say the Hamburg defeat was the most damaging, as they’re title rivals.

I like Markus Anfang. I think he’s doing a good job considering the amount of change that’s gone on at Köln. The club managed to keep a number of key players and added a number of new additions and they’ve bedded in fairly well.

Best player?

Simon TOR-odde. Goal machine.

A return to Bundesliga at the first time of asking. 

Best performance?

The first 3-4 matches 

Worst performance?

The matches after that. 

Doing the best he can. 

Best player?

Dodi Lukebakio and Rouwen Hennings I'd say. 

rfABIg8.gif

Best performance?

5-0 versus Hoffenheim II looked like good football.

Worst performance?

Losing 0-3 versus relegation candidate FSV Frankfurt at home was embarrassing for the teams.

It´s not Dirk Lottner´s fault the team had a shitload of injuries and started slowly, he´s doing well enough.

Best player?

Steven Zellner and Manuel Zeitz

Finishing in the top three

Archived