talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Rate your Season so far

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best performance?

I know it's not original but for me it is as it is and the FC Barcelona 5-1 Real Madrid is the best La Liga performance of the season in relation to the games played to date in La Liga.

Worst performance?

For me Barça are involved in this one again with their performance away to Leganés which for me was the worst singular game I've witnessed from Barcelona since Radomir Antić was called upon as interim coach back in the 90s.

How is the manager doing so far?

From a Barcelona perspective Ernesto Valverde looks to be feeling the pressure now as do all Barça coaches after a while.  It has come slightly earlier to him than others... It took Guardiola 4 years before he needed a whole year's rest from the sport... Rijkaard almost ended up a recluse after his Barça experience.  But for me the manager of the season until now has two names but one overriding the other for the moment (curiously both plying their trade in the city of Seville)... Pablo Machín for Sevilla FC first and foremost and then Quique Setién for Real Betis.

Best player?

For me Lionel Messi on an individual performance level has been above the rest and sensational this season. It's as if he's playing one type of football and then we can talk about the rest.  But if an analysis on mortals is required I have to say Joaquín of Real Betis has to be in there because we're not talking about a spring chicken and the way he has rejuvenated his career and been the on field driving force behind some very exciting times at the other club in Seville, one has to applaud this.  Iago Aspas of Celta Vigo also should be mentioned on individual performances upto this date.

Hopes for the rest of the season?

Can't really ask for more from a La Liga perspective.  Just that the excitement and unpredictability continues to be honest.

Archived