talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Claudio Ranieri New Fulham Manager

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well with one win in twelve, and only 5 points it was expected. They looked as the current top contender to go down first. I love to see Claudio back, loved him since his Chelsea days. A good manager and a true gentleman, he will need miracles to save them. However has plenty of time to turn things around.

A miracle to save them xD They're a win away from being on the same points as us and Southampton.

I think it's clear by the quick nature of this appointment that discussions had been ongoing for some time. I'm quite disappointed in Claudio for that. Given the circumstances in which he left Leicester I thought he would hold himself in higher regard.

I hope they drop to be honest. They have completely turned their back on everything that bought them to the party over the last 2/3 seasons and have effectively sold out. It would send completely the wrong message if they survive at the expense of somebody like Cardiff City.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I love to see Claudio back, loved him since his Chelsea days. A good manager and a true gentleman,

"Hear ye, hear ye", glad he is back, what he did with Leicester was a miracle he might even do the same with Fulham, nice to see his smiling face again.  :congrats:

Gunna be one of those people that bangs the drum about the lack of loyalty in Football. 

Jokanovic has spent the last three years at Fulham developing a side that plays a particular style of Football and hasn’t deviated from that style and he’s been sacked within a couple of months of promotion to the Premier League. 

Anyway, Khan has proven to be a bit of a fool at Fulham so I fully expect Ranieri to be gone in February, him to turn to someone random like they did the last time they were in the Premier League and for them to sink. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Will probably get booed on his return to the King Power given how they treated him. Hope he can do something special at Fulham though, always liked him. 

Said a few weeks back that Jovakanic (or whatever he's called) would be sacked first. Didn't put the bet on as the odds were shiiite.

Wow.

Someone clearly didn't see the reception he was given when returning on Saturday. They say ignorance is bliss but with you it's just fucking weird.

Now I'll wait to see you say 'I'm rattled'. 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A miracle to save them xD They're a win away from being on the same points as us and Southampton.

I think it's clear by the quick nature of this appointment that discussions had been ongoing for some time. I'm quite disappointed in Claudio for that. Given the circumstances in which he left Leicester I thought he would hold himself in higher regard.

I hope they drop to be honest. They have completely turned their back on everything that bought them to the party over the last 2/3 seasons and have effectively sold out. It would send completely the wrong message if they survive at the expense of somebody like Cardiff City.

Point wise yes mate, however their football is far from Premiership quality. He will need to start over in a new system. 

35 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Point wise yes mate, however their football is far from Premiership quality. He will need to start over in a new system. 

I wouldn't say that. They gave a pretty good account of themselves against us at the weekend.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Wow.

Someone clearly didn't see the reception he was given when returning on Saturday. They say ignorance is bliss but with you it's just fucking weird.

Now I'll wait to see you say 'I'm rattled'. 

He hasn't got a clue, Cannabis just plonders through life xD

41 minutes ago, AMG said:

I don't think Ranieri accepted this offer as a risk free appointment as being described, mid table finish will be his aim and there is individual quality in this team to do that but a complete overhaul is needed but i don't think anyone has a succession plan at the moment.  

Better to do it now with 10 days to get his feet under the table before his first game as opposed to waiting until Christmas when the games will be coming thick and fast. Might seem harsh on Jokanovic but the team was looking quite hopeless.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just realised this does mean they'll beat us now when they play us at start of December. Was looking forward to that away trip as well haha

I actually think we're in danger of going on quite a bad run now. I thought this was the one we'd definitely win. I'm now certain we'll lose.

• Subscriber

I bet Lineker will not bet that "If Ranieri wins the EPL with Fulham he will present MOTD in his undies" after he did the same with Leicester in 2015  xD

Gary Lineker (of 'doing-Match-of-the-Day-in-his-Leicester-City-pants' fame), tweeted this...

_104334534_edee91da-918a-4a0f-a21f-59707

...An exact replica of the one he wrote when his former club appointed the Italian back in 2015.

_104336374_01e53524-1d2d-4a2d-8862-f7afd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46208484

Archived