talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga in Europe this season - More dominance?

Hi all 

First post here, I'm an avid La Liga fan and after this season's unpredictable start I have recently started a blog. 

With the big sides this season dropping points in strange places and generally not being the clinical machines they usually are, it's interesting to see if this patchy form translates into Europe. 

I'm sure you all are following the European competitions too; here's my round up on each of La Liga's sides in European competitions: https://elcampodefutbol.wordpress.com/2018/11/15/espana-in-europa-an-round-up-of-la-ligas-teams-in-europe-so-far/

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on how far La Liga's sides will go in the Champions League and Europe League this year, will Spain once again been dominant in both competitions? 

Cheers 

Dean 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all welcome to the forum.  It's strange that you're an avid La Liga fan but are mainly (it seems) a Chelsea fan.  I'd like to know (curiosity) how this manifested itself?

As for Europan compeititon... I think we're observing a levelling out of the top sides although the three big Spanish clubs remain extremely strong on paper and will compete.  What's for sure is that the other clubs in La Liga have become stronger and more competitive.

Well I'm English and Chelsea are my team - plus I couldn't see Valencia on the list!

I've always enjoyed Spanish football but since meeting my girlfriend in Valencia in 2015, and watching football with her friends family, I've followed La Liga and beyond a lot closer. 

With regards to Spain's top sides, with Ronaldo leaving and Messi (although still, arguably, the best) getting into his 30s, it feels to me like the top sides may be going into a bit of a transition after so much recent success. 

3 hours ago, Dean Laughton said:

Hi all 

First post here, I'm an avid La Liga fan and after this season's unpredictable start I have recently started a blog. 

With the big sides this season dropping points in strange places and generally not being the clinical machines they usually are, it's interesting to see if this patchy form translates into Europe. 

I'm sure you all are following the European competitions too; here's my round up on each of La Liga's sides in European competitions: https://elcampodefutbol.wordpress.com/2018/11/15/espana-in-europa-an-round-up-of-la-ligas-teams-in-europe-so-far/

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on how far La Liga's sides will go in the Champions League and Europe League this year, will Spain once again been dominant in both competitions? 

Cheers 

Dean 

Welcome to the forum mate, 

I think it goes without saying that the La Liga has been the most competitive and enjoyable league of the 'major five' followed by the Bundesliga and then the Premier League. 

I think Madrid and Barcelona will both do very well in The Champions League again as they'll prioritise the competition. Personally i hope Atletico do better in all competitions as they are the only team to have shown structure and organisation in terms of building their squad since the end of last season.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Are you here to join the forum or advertising your blog?  🤔 In other forums I post in, that's a major no no 

And some other forums will delete the blog link until you or whoever post on a regular basis in the forum you joined without links included. :14_relaxed:

Sorry guys, I didn't realise about this forum etiquette. 

I'm here to find other La Liga enthusiasts and discuss the goings on in Spanish football. 

I have created a blog as I enjoy writing about football and thought occasional articles I write would be good talking points/sharing of opinions. That's all really, I'm not just to push my blog around. 

Apologies for irritating anyone. 

Archived