talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga and below - 2017/2018

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from losing 1-2 at home this weekend, I suppose?xD

Well, we´re third with 4 matches to go and 9 points short of second place, which is the place we desired. Since we play in the RL Südwest the top two places allow to play promotion-playoffs. Although we have one game in hand this gap should be too big to overcome. Since we´re 5 points clear of the 4th place the only thing we really have to play for is the Saarland cup final versus Elversberg. Would be nice if we won it, as it´s not only silver ware but also the qualification for DFB- Pokal and I would love playing one of the big guns again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Paderborn, Mainz II and FSV Frankfurt relegated, Jena in a promotion playoff.

We managed to stay up by scoring on the 84th minute of the match, a header by Volkmer :x

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this bizarre story is a satire. Ansonsten lautete der einzige mögliche Kommentar, welch ein Blödsinn.

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/regionalliga/startseite/700120/artikel_regionalliga-suedwest_team-nummer-20-kommt-aus-china.html 

For those who don´t speak English, according to this article, there´s the idea to have a Chinese team playing as 20th team in Regionaliga Südwest. Since Regionalliga Südwest consists of 19th teams every team has two matchdays off and DFB intend to have the respective team playing a home match versus a Chinese team that only plays these matches, instead of said matchdays off. If this isn´t a hoax and becomes reality that´s the end of me watching football.

Genug ist genug!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

@Tsubasa: can you please update the thread title to 2017/2018 season? Only 10 days left! :D 

1 . SPIELTAG
Freitag, 21. Juli (20.30 Uhr):
Karlsruher SC – VfL Osnabrück
Samstag, 22. Juli (14 Uhr):
Werder Bremen II – SpVgg Unterhaching
Rot-Weiß Erfurt – Preußen Münster
Sportfreunde Lotte – Hansa Rostock
Hallescher FC – SC Paderborn 07
Fortuna Köln – VfR Aalen
SV Wehen Wiesbaden – Carl Zeiss Jena
SV Meppen – Würzburger Kickers
Sonntag, 23. Juli (14 Uhr):
SGS Großaspach – 1. FC Magdeburg
Chemnitzer FC – FSV Zwickau

Any thoughts or predictions for the new season? Also, anyone up for the Kicker manager game again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Wow, what a crazy match in Halle, they led after a penalty was given less than 10s into the game, then Paderborn scored four, and then Halle managed to equalise by scoring three goals in 9 minutes late in the 2nd half. 4-4 FT.

Our U23 just won 3-0 against  Unterhaching. Top of the league! xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

1-0 against Münster today, our U23 is still unbeaten in the league with 10 points from 4 matches. This is a great start, and hopefully we'll be safe from relegation early enough as the season goes on. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Faithcore said:

That is indeed a great start. Is the team so much stronger than last year? 

I think it's too early to judge the overall strength of the team long-term, but we have quite a few talented kids from our U19 this season (Young, Vollert, Bünning, Osabutey), two good new signings (Touré and Rosin), some players like Käuper and Eggersglüß who have improved a lot and are starting to live up to their potential, also Aycicek and oldies like Kazior (who just can't stop scoring xD ) and Duffner  who bring a lot of experience. And this is without Verlaat and Jojo Eggestein who are with the 1st team already, also some players like Rehfeldt,  Bytyqi, Aidara, Lorenzen who all left this summer. I really like what Kohfeldt is doing, could see him replacing Nouri in the future in our first team if he's unsuccessful or decides to leave at some point; we seem to be playing some sort of fast one-touch football with quite a bit of skill and a lot of team effort; love it.

We were lucky yesterday, Münster had a lot of chances but failed to actually score a goal, it was almost unbelievable to watch. Grimaldi in particular wasted like 5-6 100% chances, should have better stayed in bed, haha. But still we did well to hold onto that lead despite being one man down after Young got sent off for his silly 2nd yellow card. Those all will be very important points, as I think the rest of the season is going to be very tough, so it's great that we're up for a good start. Talent-wise, I'd say we have quite a few kids with potential for 1. Bundesliga in the future, it's just a question of how well we manage to develop them.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Thanks Inga. Now I feel like an Werder Bremen U23 expert :)

xD I just got excited... My neighbour, aka my usual 3. Liga conversation partner, is currently back to Germany, so I have no one to talk to.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived