talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Passenger Dragged Off United Airlines Flight

football forum

• Administrator

might not sound too odd but this is exasperated when you find out United Airlines overbooked the flight, then call officers to come on and literally drag a paying passenger out of their seat and leave him with a bloody nose.

Apparently it was for one of their employers to take the seat instead.

The police report is unbelievable despite clear video footage of being dragged out on his back from his seat to the exit.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How in the world does this shit happen? Some people are zero common sense.

Feel bad for the guy dragged out. Now he's basically humiliated and now going to have to sue the absolutely hell out of United.

As for that statement United released, that is pathetic.

• Subscriber

It happens because airlines constantly overbook flights in order to avoid taking off with empty seats. This is an ugly situation and they didn't handle it well, but I'm just surprised nobody on the plane volunteered; I mean if you're not particularly in a hurry, then you can let them put you on a later flight and get an extra compensation for it.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

It happens because airlines constantly overbook flights in order to avoid taking off with empty seats. This is an ugly situation and they didn't handle it well, but I'm just surprised nobody on the plane volunteered; I mean if you're not particularly in a hurry, then you can let them put you on a later flight and get an extra compensation for it.

i want to know why they chose this one person to kick off the flight. not that they should have dragged anyone off, but why him?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

i want to know why they chose this one person to kick off the flight. not that they should have dragged anyone off, but why him?

Normally if nobody volunteers, they just pick people randomly. A number of other passengers voluntarily left before this incident.

To be fair, if you book a ticket, you're agreeing with the terms and conditions - and there's definitely a rule stating that you might be bumped. Yeah I know, fine print sucks haha. The way they handled the situation is just a horrible business practice though. 

It seems there may be more to this than what meets the eye, I don't think law enforcement your remove him with that force without a valid reason.

Though their statement is an absolute load of shite.

Totally unrelated and in no way a comment on the incident as it seems this guy has been genuinely wronged. But when I was about 18-19 I remember physically removing one or two dick heads off buses that were holding up the bus arguing with the drivers. Most people clapped, has society changed?

I was supposed to fly to Orlando via New York with United a few years back and they overbooked. We happily accepted about £800 in compensation and were bumped upto first class on a delta flight via Atlanta the next day. We weren't in a rush though and one day wasn't going to make a huge difference.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, True Blue said:

However the rest of the bastards wasted no time to get their phones out and tape it. Horrible little world we live in

usually I'd agree, but I presume they've not got involved due to fear and filming in instances like this is actually good for investigation purposes etc. Seeing 3 or 4 officers be unnecessarily heavy handed would put a lot of people off. 

10 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Totally unrelated and in no way a comment on the incident as it seems this guy has been genuinely wronged. But when I was about 18-19 I remember physically removing one or two dick heads off buses that were holding up the bus arguing with the drivers. Most people clapped, has society changed?

I think different scenarios... if this old man was creating any issues and was dragged out for those reasons, maybe then they all might have clapped... so No, the society didnt change

Archived