talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are these bizarre music myths too good to be true?

football forum

• Subscriber

I have seen a guy in Australia many moons ago pick up his sandwiches that were crawling with ants and he didn't bother about tossing them away (sandwiches) but just munched away at his lunch with not a care in the world. 

Ozzy Osbourne and the snorted ants

The myth: Ozzy Osbourne is already renowned for one of music's most stomach-turning critter-related stories: in 1982 he bit the head off a bat during a gig, having mistaken the real-life animal for a rubber toy. His run-ins with the animal kingdom don't stop there, though. Two years later, the former Black Sabbath frontman allegedly stunned his tourmates, Mötley Crüe, when he saw a line of ants outside the tour bus and snorted them up through a straw.

The truth: Ozzy says he doesn't remember the incident, but Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx insists it really did happen. In the band's autobiography, The Dirt, he recalled: "I handed him the straw, and he walked over to a crack in the sidewalk and bent over it. I saw a long column of ants, marching to a little dugout built where the pavement met the dirt. And as I thought, 'No, he wouldn't.' He did. He put the straw to his nose and... sent the entire line of ants tickling up his nose with a single, monstrous snort."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/4c17cd5b-0471-49cb-9b6b-884b7f2c8e3e?intc_type=promo&intc_location=sport&intc_campaign=bbcmusic_myths&intc_linkname=bbcmusic_rm_low_c3

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Keith Richards is one of the most talented guitarists in history. In 1962, he helped form The Rolling Stones and since that time the band has sold over 200 million records. Interestingly, Keith Richards regards the acoustic guitar as the basis for his playing, once saying that he felt the electric guitar would cause him to “lose that touch.” Richards is also a talented lyricist. The songwriting partnership of Jagger/Richards has been responsible for the majority of the catalog of The Rolling Stones.

In the 1970s, music journalist Nick Kent described the personality of Keith Richards as “mad, bad, and dangerous to know.” In 1994, Keith said that his image was “like a long shadow,” implying that people don’t know much about the real man, but instead focus on the things written in articles. Richards has a long history of drug abuse and has been tried for drug-related charges five times.

In April of 2006, Keith Richards made headlines when he fell out of a tree in Fiji and suffered a bad head injury. The event caused a delay in The Rolling Stones tour, but Richards made a full recovery. The following year Keith made international headlines after he was asked by a journalist what the strangest thing he ever snorted was. Keith responded: “My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared. It went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”

The comment shocked the journalist and the story instantly became a media sensation. Keith’s manager responded with the statement that the anecdote had been a joke, but many feel the story is true. In the same interview Keith was asked about his most life-threatening drug experience and mentioned an event in which “Someone put strychnine (pesticide) in my dope. It was in Switzerland. I was totally comatose, but I was totally awake. I could listen to everyone, and they were like, he’s dead, he’s dead, waving their fingers and pushing me about. I was thinking I’m not dead.” Richards remembers: “I was number one on the Who’s list of people who were likely to die for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list.”

Archived