• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ousmane Dembélé

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Imagine spending that much money on a player that you clearly didn't do much homework on.

I get what you mean mate but Ousmane Dembélé was signed for football reasons and nobody can dispute that the player has immense talent... For that part there is no question on the investment and the price Barça paid was in relation to not only the talent the player has coupled with his young age, but also that 2 weeks earlier Barcelona had received €222m for the buy-out clause of Neymar to PSG...  That castigated any reasonable negotiation between both Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund.

So even Didier Deschamps (France head coach) in a press conference this week due to the international break left a message for Ousmane Dembélé stating;

"Few players get the chance to play at the highest level and get the opportunity to play for clubs like Barcelona let alone for their country.  The issues that have been making the headlines where Ousmane is concerned are issues that he has problems with even when uniting with his national teammates.  His punctuality has always been a problem and he needs to address this because the competition at both club and international level is intense.  The decision is his and what becomes of his future will be determined by how he handled these decisions and his general discipline."

Well this morning Dembélé's agent was seen walking through the doors of the offices at the Camp Nou (to speak to directors) while Dembélé himself went to talk to technical director and countryman Eric Abidal.  From what's being leaked from within there are ultimatums being put to him and he s future at the club hangs by a very slight thread.  He is an adult and he has to start acting like one...  Nobody will force him to interact and change his social issues but what won't be tolerated is his childish behaviour where doing what he's being told to do and obviously his punctuality which is adhered to by all and players that are and have been on a whole different level to his.

Just this minute Barcelona and Spain legend Carles Puyol who has been visiting the Spain national team training camp has been quizzed by journalists attending training and the Ousmane Dembélé question was put to him where he himself left this message for the player;

"It's not my place to make judgements but I will say that as a former professional all I can say is that Dembélé should feel privileged to be playing for a club like Barcelona and his country... Greater players than him have been ostracised by their clubs and national teams for less but justifiably.  He should reflect and understand how lucky he is to be in the position he's in and make the most of it."

Dembélé could always become a postman like Sonogo... Not sure on the punctuality rules with them although I do know he'll be able to eat his burgers and fries as my postman is also fat.

His only issue if he wants to move to the UK is Brexit... Unless he gets there in the January window.

img_aperez_20181115-070845_imagenes_md_o

French sports daily newspaper L'Équipe have this morning issued a front page in relation to the current situation surrounding Ousmane Dembélé with his future.  Es we can plainly see, the headline reads "IN DANGER" with reference to his future at the club.

L'Équipe claim to have information relating to the double meeting held at the offices within the Camp Nou with both Osumane Dembélé (with technical director Eric Abidal) and Dembélé's agent with the technical heads at board level.  There have been several public comments made in recent days from all sides, Ernesto Valverde, Gerard Piqué and the France head coach Didier Deschamps sending warnings to Dembélé.

L'Équipe spells out the dangers Dembélé could be about to face in the future of his career and being one of France's most talented young players.  Having reached the summit of European club football by playing for one of the continent's biggest clubs, he could be about to throw it all away with his childish actions.  His France career could go the same way when we listen to Deschamp's words...

So the information drawn from the meetings is that Barça have set conditions for Dembélé not to be sold either in Juanuary or in the summer.  One more show of indiscipline and he's out!  Deschamps has apparently told Dembélé the same thing.

I've been documenting the issue for some time in the Barcelona thread. Like Tommy says, he's a child in a man's body... But there are no excuses there, neither should their be any exceptions to the fact he is incredibly immature... One doesn't get flack from the real world just because you have failed to grow up.  He could lose everything he could've been (he has tremendous talent) because he fails to take responsibility.

29 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I'm sure i saw an article somewhere about him having a gaming addiction? 

Gaming is what they found him doing last week when he called in sick with a gastroenteritis. The club doctors went to his house and there was no illness but loads of gaming. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Gaming is what they found him doing last week when he called in sick with a gastroenteritis. The club doctors went to his house and there was no illness but loads of gaming. 

He just seems very simple but does have talent, the equivalent to Balotelli. 

16 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He just seems very simple but does have talent, the equivalent to Balotelli. 

The thing is that at elite level that sort of simplistic character can’t be permitted as it reeks havoc. Luis Suárez spoke out about this issue two days ago while with Uruguay. He said that Dembélé needs to understand there is discipline and that he is privileged to be a footballer at that level and such a club. Like all the players are privileged. 

• 8 months later...

So, some information coming through on how the Dembélé injury came about.

After the game against Athletic, Dembélé was told to attend the medical department on Tuesday morning to check on his hamstring which had been identified as “sensitive” a week previous. Ousmane failed to attend and instead went to training where in the first 5 minutes he fell to the ground in pain. At that same precise moment Ernesto Valverde was speaking on his mobile phone where the medical team were asking where Dembélé was!

This kid thinks this is school.

ericabidalmumu.jpg

Barça Director for Football Eric Abidal Rips Into Dembélé

One of the most loved figures in the Barcelona dressing-room for those that remain in the squad when he was playing, director for football, Eric Abidal has given both Ousmane Dembélé and his agent a final ultimatum or the player is out.

According to sources that have leaked the conversation (rant) between the three parties in his office say that Mr Nice Guy Abidal wasn't that at all. If the words used by Abidal are to be believed, then we can safely say Dembélé is on his final warning.

All of this is regarding his hamstring injury that will now keep the player out for at least 5 weeks at a sensitive point of the season right at the start. Barcelona traditionally motor ahead at the start to every campaign and that holds them in good stead to challenge on all fronts, but the injury suffered by Ousmane Dembélé is all of his own doing on various fronts and it's not the first time this has happened.

Yes it's true Dembélé's attitude and character has changed regarding his integration within the group where he was originally a loner, very reserved and ultimately dismissive of everything that surrounded him. In this aspect the squad members and the training staff are very happy with the new Dembélé, but there are other fundamental issues that remain the same.

As I reported the other day on the previous post to this one, the reason Dembélé is now out for a considerable amount of time has all been manufactured by the player himself.

In the warm-down the players go through after every game (in this case after the defeat to Atheltic Bilbao at San Mamés) the medical team are very vigilant with the players and they identified that Dembélé had problems in his left leg. They done a quick check and told him to report to the medical department back in Barcelona the next day. Instead Dembélé without informing the training staff attended training and within 5 minutes collapsed on the floor in agony with a hamstring tear.

It's not just this episode because every single injury suffered by the player is related to Dembélé's particular issues of his lifestyle. He doesn't take care of himself and lives like a teenager. Reports from his personal chef have been released on how he eats fried food everyday (a total nono at Barça as they have a set menu even for home) and also eats a considerable amount of chocolate which is known to be terrible for muscle strength (moreso the refined sugars contained in processed chocolate than the cocoa itself). He has been warned time and time again about his personal habits and his personal training regime which he doesn't adhere to.

So this is how the conversation (in French) apparently went with only Eric Abidal shouting and refusing to listen to a single word either Dembélé had to say or his agent;

"Are you re-tarded?"

"No, no, don't answer me, you're not allowed to talk, I'm not going to permit you to open your mouth because you're a child and I'll treat you like one."

"You ARE a re-tard, you're child, you act like a child. Infact the infants in La Masia are more mature than you, they listen to us more than you do because it's their dream to represent this club one day at the Camp Nou. You, you're a spoiled idiot!"

"So you're either a child or a re-tard, maybe both!"

"Worst of all you disrespect every single player from the first team all the way down to those kids in La Masia because YOU believe that it's ok for you to not do what you're told and that you are above it all. Maybe you laugh at all of them having to live such a lifestyle while you stick your middle finger up at all of us."

"Well I tell you this. You either change FROM NOW or you're finished at this club. You are wasting our time and you are a fraud by earning a wage many would like to earn by so many people that don't have what you have and could only wish to be in your shoes. I can't even send you to La Masia as punishment for a month because I'm scared you'll contaminate the rest of the kids, the ones that actually are kids and act more maturely than you!"

"You are a total embarrassment to me as a Frenchman and where people like you and myself come from so as to succeed in life. We, like others like us in France have had our parents sacrificing themselves to give us this opportunity. People from Africa cross the seas in rubber boats risking their lives for our dream and you laugh in their faces, all of them including me. You probably laugh at me because of the sacrifice I made to get to this position in life."

"You disgust me!"

"I need a change in you because I am no longer defending you to the president and being left to look like you, a re-tard laughing in my face."

C'mon, Abidal, it's on you. When it's about choosing one frenchie prospect, between the gamer "come-tranchetes" and the one fucking underage prostitutes with Ribèry, you always go with the later. Football marketonomics 101.

I've given up on Dembélé personally. He'll never succeed at the club. He might aswell be sold as soon as possible before he loses his whole value, if he hasn't already. 

I've got a feeling we won't see anything from Griezmann and de Jong either though. But for very different reasons. I hope to be wrong but while Valverde is at the club and there is literally no system in place whatsoever, I see it being ultra difficult for these new lads not to just be drowned out and held back. Arthur is another and these players won't do anything as they are being held back. Coutinho was being held back aswell. Semedo? Being held back. 

A fantastic group of players but most of them look terrible on the pitch and are unable to play at their best consistently other than a small group of senior players whose experience shows through and covers up shitloads of cracks. 

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've given up on Dembélé personally. He'll never succeed at the club. He might aswell be sold as soon as possible before he loses his whole value, if he hasn't already. 

I've got a feeling we won't see anything from Griezmann and de Jong either though. But for very different reasons. I hope to be wrong but while Valverde is at the club and there is literally no system in place whatsoever, I see it being ultra difficult for these new lads not to just be drowned out and held back. Arthur is another and these players won't do anything as they are being held back. Coutinho was being held back aswell. Semedo? Being held back. 

A fantastic group of players but most of them look terrible on the pitch and are unable to play at their best consistently other than a small group of senior players whose experience shows through and covers up shitloads of cracks. 

I can’t argue with what you’re saying about Valverde and the new players. But Dembélé only has himself to blame for every single one of his issues so far mate. 

Archived