talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Social Media

football forum

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mentioned it to @Pyfish in the photography thread earlier I think, but consider 500px if you want the instagram alternative which is purely about sharing your best shots and has no celebrities, influencers, rich wannabies or any of the other crap that makes Instagram annoying. I initially started using it as I simply wanted a place to quickly upload my photos in order to have the best ones in one place, but got more active afterwards as the community is great and there are some great shots posted regularly.

I can vouch for this too @Lucas. It’s a really good platform. I’ve joined it recently and the community is great. I’m getting some feedback too which is always nice and it’s constructive rather than critical.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just use Twitter. I post things on Facebook a lot admittedly and sometimes on Instagram but Twitter is what I use most. It's the only place I care whether I get views or not and the only place I feel I've maintained a healthy image (for the most part, I've had some flaws here and there)

• Subscriber
On 20/11/2018 at 19:01, Harvsky said:

I've got a twitter account but don't post just follow what's going

Ditto, I just go in there looking for news and tweets I can use in here, I only use Facebook to communicate with family (private messages) and I use WhatsApp more than Facebook, I have an Instagram account but hardly go in there and I heard that Instagram is more popular than Twitter and WhatsApp is above Twitter.

Most popular social networks worldwide as of April 2020, ranked by number of active users(in millions)

1361376090_download(3).thumb.png.0acaa03d2a8a51e93a1d9f9bcef9bd54.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/

On 19/06/2020 at 18:16, Stan said:

Katie Hopkins being banned from Twitter permanently is a great day for the social media platform. Great news to end the week. 

Some people are saying it's the end of free speech 😂 but Twitter is a platform. If the people who own it don't want her on there that is up to them. Will probably make her even more popular though with her supporters unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.52b267c2901b378a82b8a8f6c75f4289.png

Italy's Uffizi Museum has become a TikTok sensation by turning its art into memes

BB162TY9.img?h=600&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

• The Uffizi Gallery, a famous museum in Florence, Italy, is delighting users on TikTok with mash-ups of art and memes.
  • One TikTok shows a painting of Medusa turning a depiction of the novel coronavirus to stone.
  • Others use animation to make figures in famous portraits look like they're socially distanced or set to trending music tracks.
  • TikTok is making the fine art of the gallery feel accessible and relevant to the masses.

The Uffizi Gallery, a museum of Renaissance-era art in Florence, Italy, is using TikTok to bring its statues and paintings to life.

This year, 90 per cent of the world's 85,000 museums temporarily closed their doors due to coronavirus-related public health regulations, according to a May report from UNESCO and the International Council of Museums. One in 8 of museums that closed may never reopen, says UNESCO.

In an effort to keep their communities, future visitors, and donors engaged, many museums have been hosting educational Facebook Live sessions or virtual tours via websites like Google Arts & Culture, which offers 3-D virtual gallery walks and other interactive activities.

However, not many museums instantly jumped to join TikTok to connect with users.

As pointed out by the New York Times' Alex Marshall, the Uffizi Gallery is one of some 11 museums around the world with official accounts on TikTok.

The Uffizi Gallery, in particular, was initially little-known to outsiders of the fine arts space, but its TikToks have given its collections a new fanbase. 

Here, views of a 19th-century statue, "Psiche abbandonata" by Pietro Tenerani, are perfectly (and dramatically) set to Adele's "Someone Like You." This TikTok is the most-viewed creation on the museum's account, having been viewed more than 80,000 times.

FULL REPORT

• The title was changed to Social Media
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator

The worst of social media here. 

The kind that you wouldn't mind if they died in a house fire. Obviously loads of people think like this, he's just fvcking idiotic enough to publicise it. 

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

The kind that you wouldn't mind if they died in a house fire. Obviously loads of people think like this, he's just fvcking idiotic enough to publicise it. 

What a stupid fat fuck. 

• Subscriber

Apparently got fired from his job. Its amazing how far stupidity has come with the help of technology. Used to be you'd text/call someone when you're drunk now you can just broadcast yourself. Wonder whats next? 

• Subscriber

Its truly amazing how online mobs work. One minute you think you're being cute making racist remarks, the next you've lost your job and you're getting hounded. Its good and a bit scary at times too because this doesnt necessarily have to just be racism related.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Its truly amazing how online mobs work. One minute you think you're being cute making racist remarks, the next you've lost your job and you're getting hounded. Its good and a bit scary at times too because this doesnt necessarily have to just be racism related.

Can't really call them online 'mobs'. I know what you mean but mob makes them seem like the bad guys. All it is is random people coming together to ensure karma gets this knob and that he realises his words have consequences. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Can't really call them online 'mobs'. I know what you mean but mob makes them seem like the bad guys. All it is is random people coming together to ensure karma gets this knob and that he realises his words have consequences. 

Well this isnt the first time someone has gotten flack for something they said/did online and i doubt it will be the last either. I call it mob because I am not sure what to call them and crusaders is a bit not right either. i cant imagine what he was thinking when he put it up like his employers wouldnt find out.

16 hours ago, Stan said:

The biggest crime was all that jibba jabba came from a Ginger. As if we were ever going to listen to him? xD

(Sorry @Steve Bruce Almighty)

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The biggest crime was all that jibba jabba came from a Ginger. As if we were ever going to listen to him? xD

xDxD and supports Sheff Utd so having a proper shit time of it :ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Well this isnt the first time someone has gotten flack for something they said/did online and i doubt it will be the last either. I call it mob because I am not sure what to call them and crusaders is a bit not right either. i cant imagine what he was thinking when he put it up like his employers wouldnt find out.

Regardless of how despicable (and stupid) some people are, I frankly can't stand the social media's emotional mob justice. A modern and less violent  version of witch-hunt and mob lynching, just with keyboards instead of pitchforks, but the essence is still the same - the masses get emotional satisfaction from seeing "an evil person" being destroyed publicly. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Regardless of how despicable (and stupid) some people are, I frankly can't stand the social media's emotional mob justice. A modern and less violent  version of witch-hunt and mob lynching, just with keyboards instead of pitchforks, but the essence is still the same - the masses get emotional satisfaction from seeing "an evil person" being destroyed publicly. 

This ^

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's kind of weird how little events that aren't even half as bad as the one above can actually trigger people to start harassing other people. After all, its free, you don't need to be physically present and it affords you something physical presence doesn't allow, anonymity. 

• 5 months later...

We've all had it, that awkward moment when someone you barely know or you don't like friends requests you on social media. 

Well I've got a very strange issue going on at the moment and I'm wondering what best to do about it. 

Two weeks ago I got a friend request off a girl called Dawn, didn't recognise her second name or her picture but noticed a number of my school friends were friends with her as well. 

Anyhow I decided she may have gone to my school but I've no clue who she is so I deleted the request. Thought nothing of it until two days later she requested me again, so again I knocked it back. 

Thought she'd realised I didn't wanna know and then two days ago bang she friends requests me again with a new profile picture and still I've not got a fucking clue who she is. So I decided to message an old school friend and he said Dawn hung out with Keeley (don't really remember her either) and she looks a lot different from how she did in school.

I sat looking at her photo for ages but couldn't put her into any situation at school or even remember a Dawn anyway. So I deleted it again...... 

She's just 20 minutes ago friend requested me again. 

What the fuck do I do? 

11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Block her.

Weird behaviour that.

Thats the sensible thing to do but part of me is wondering why she is so desperate to be my friend. 

That being said she's clearly not all there in the head to keep sending the requests. My other theory is she requesting whilst drinking and forgetting. 

I've defo not slept with her (I think 😂) and I'm sure I've not kissed her either. 

I've not even rejected this one just left it sat there. 

Archived