talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Social Media

football forum

• Subscriber

As Whisky said, block her, I get requests like that all the time on Facebook but I will check with the wife first to see if she knows the person in question, if the wife says no then that person is blocked there and then.

Facebook is becoming a hive for arseholes lately and the only reason I use it as I help my mate run a United football forum on there as admin and concentrate on that plus we use it for video calls as he lives in Germany and we (wife) were talking to him and his family the other day.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deleted it again for a laugh, if she sends another I'm gonna either block her or accept it and direct message her asking her who she is and why she isn't taking the hint. 

Then I will delete and block her when I've got an answer. If she comes back to me I will screen shot the message for the forum. I will cross out the usernames obviously. :4_joy:

This seems to be one of the perils of Facebook though, you always end up being linked in some way to people from your past, people you may well have forgotten about. 

This person could easily be someone you worked with many years ago, it could be someone you met at a pub one night. I'd just accept the request, after all it's only a friend request, she's not bombarding you with messages or anything like that. 

28 minutes ago, Ploughendplonker said:

This seems to be one of the perils of Facebook though, you always end up being linked in some way to people from your past, people you may well have forgotten about. 

This person could easily be someone you worked with many years ago, it could be someone you met at a pub one night. I'd just accept the request, after all it's only a friend request, she's not bombarding you with messages or anything like that. 

I'm a married man mate, if she starts bombarding me with messages or writing comments on all of my photos my wife is going to wonder the hell she is. 

Having said that I am going to accept next time as I'm really interested in why she's so keen to be my friend. 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Just message her without accepting. 

I had my principal add me last year. I don’t want admin on my FB but felt compelled to accept. 

Instagram doesn't allow you to message I don't think mate. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

I'm a married man mate, if she starts bombarding me with messages or writing comments on all of my photos my wife is going to wonder the hell she is. 

Having said that I am going to accept next time as I'm really interested in why she's so keen to be my friend. 

If she did bombard you, you could quite easily block her. 

I'm not too familiar with Facebook, but if you'd put your school in your profile, she can surely she that she went to the same school, hence why she added you?

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Create an illusion of happiness when in reality their lives are falling completely apart.

To the youngster generation. A chat on social media is like a night out for them.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

To the youngster generation. A chat on social media is like a night out for them.

About 7 years ago, I went out with a group of work colleagues, about 10-15 of us in total, the majority in their early 20s back then. We booked two big tables in a bar, and, I shit you not - there were they, sitting at one table next to each other, barely talking to each other and instead messaging each other on their phones xD I was completely baffled and left shortly afterwards. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

About 7 years ago, I went out with a group of work colleagues, about 10-15 of us in total, the majority in their early 20s back then. We booked two big tables in a bar, and, I shit you not - there were they, sitting at one table next to each other, barely talking to each other and instead messaging each other on their phones xD I was completely baffled and left shortly afterwards. 

I've seen couples when in restaurants not talking. Just on their phones for the whole outing. 

I am convinced that some people jump straight into another relationship when their previous one ended, just so they can "boast" about it on social media. I have observed such behaviour numerous times. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

People talking to each other via messages on Facebook/Twitter etc when they live next door to each other or live just up the road, bloody mental.

In our day you just had to be outdoors. Even if it meant sitting on your door step having a chin wag for hours, with your local mates. Fresh air in general and the outdoors was so important. We couldn't live without it.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I am convinced that some people jump straight into another relationship when their previous one ended, just so they can "boast" about it on social media. I have observed such behaviour numerous times. 

Bet they're breaking-up just so they can rant about it 🤣

It is becoming disturbing how social media (specifically Twitter) is used to whip up hate mobs to get people sacked from their jobs, or to get things they don't like censored. The level of irreverence companies treat social media with means that they will freely and willingly acquiesce to whatever a witch hunt orders them to do. 

I was reading the other day about a couple who pulled out of a child adoption when they found out they were not allowed to post images of the child on the internet for up to a year so it kind of tells you all you need to know about them really... An adoption is a serious commitment not something to show off with.. As soon as they found out it might affect the amount of likes they get on social media they pulled out.. now that is some proper sad shit.. 

What would be even sadder is if that story was completely made up by someone to get attention themselves...

The saddest ones are those that make up fake illness and get funded by hundreds of people and they just cash in and abuse it like that woman who claimed to have brain cancer but went on to claim she beat it with a few sticks of celery and bean soup diet or some shit, she received hundreds of thousands of pounds in support and a book deal with her recipes in it.. She got found out eventually but the worrying thing was that she was influential in getting a lot of people to give up proper treatment in the belief of her story... 

The other sad ones are those women that claim they don't like to be treated as sex objects but then post a ton of pics legs akimbo in skimpy bikinis/underwear on beaches or round the house etc.. or those that focus the image to get in as much cleavage or arse as possible... Not that those types of images bother me obviously the more the better B| but don't start crying when you get told you are 'hot' or whatever and you start getting dick pics.... 

The other sad ones are those self promoting heroes and influencers... they can go fuck themselves, always telling you how they saved this or got involved in that etc.. as if it wasn't for them whole towns would have collapsed... Proper heroes and good people keep fighting the fight without needing adoration and posting pictures up every day on their twitter account... 

Archived