Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Golden Boy 2018


football forum
 Share

Golden Boy 2018   

7 members have voted

  1. 1. Which player do you feel should win the Golden Boy 2018 award?

    • Patrick Cutrone
    • Mariano
      0
    • Vinícius Júnior
      0
    • Matthijs de Ligt
      0
    • Trent Alexander-Arnold


Recommended Posts

Which player do you feel should win it? 

Cutrone for me. For a 19 year old to score 18 goals in his debut Serie A season is incredible. A striker who shows vast similarities to Argentine striker Aguero, he will no doubt be the future of the national side and Italian football. 

Edited by Cicero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alexander-Arnold purely because for such a young player, he's achieved a hell of a lot, in a short time-frame as well. Fits in with Liverpool's style of play perfectly (like Robertson on the left flank). I've said before that a lot of the focus (especially last season) is on the front players for Liverpool - Salah, Firmino, Mane. But the influence and style of players like Alexander-Arnold (and Robertson) shouldn't be underestimated at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Between Cutrone and De Ligt. I'm still with reservations on Cutrone as I've seen little but the stats do speak a lot for him. De Ligt on the other hand is fantastic.

Seen about 1 or 2 games of Mariano so no comment and Vinicius Junior hasn't proved much yet. He's a promise but I wouldn't call him "golden boy". TAA also still has a lot to prove, as he is getting game time but still has a lot of developing to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Which player do you feel should win it? 

Cutrone for me. For a 19 year old to score 18 goals in his debut Serie A season is incredible. A striker who shows vast similarities to Argentine striker Aguero, he will no doubt be the future of the national side and Italian football. 

Yes, but instead A.C. Milan is wasting millions of euros on Piggy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TAA.

He's just turned 20 and has over 50 appearances for Liverpool. He played brilliant in helping them to the Champions League final including being the best player on the pitch in at least 1 of their knockout games against world class opposition. He also played well in the final trying to keep Ronaldo quiet. We will also now see him go from Strength to strength for England. He should be starting always, for me. He's a much better RB than Trippier.

Edited by JOSHBRFC
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Cutrone for me. For a 19 year old to score 18 goals in his debut Serie A season is incredible. A striker who shows vast similarities to Argentine striker Aguero, he will no doubt be the future of the national side and Italian football. 

This would be good for Italy as they lack a good forward. Immobile is good, but definitely not world class. Belotti I've never rated and it seems I was right in that he's a one season wonder. Finally, Balotelli was that big chance and he killed his own career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blue said:

Also, it's a farce that Jadon Sancho isn't here.

He's not really done much since before August though?

It's a case of the potential always being there, Dortmund taking a gamble on it and it now paying off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stan said:

He's not really done much since before August though?

It's a case of the potential always being there, Dortmund taking a gamble on it and it now paying off. 

What has Vinicius Junior done though?

I would personally have Sancho in over him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blue said:

What has Vinicius Junior done though?

I would personally have Sancho in over him.

I don't know. I wouldn't agree on having Sancho in there though just because Vinicius hasn't done anything. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

TAA.

He's just turned 20 and has over 50 appearances for Liverpool. He played brilliant in helping them to the Champions League final including being the best player on the pitch in at least 1 of their knockout games against world class opposition. He also played well in the final trying to keep Ronaldo quiet. We will also now see him go from Strength to strength for England. He should be starting always, for me. He's a much better RB than Trippier.

VVD was heavily responsible for that. 

TAA's best performance was against CIty when he practically had Sane in his pocket 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...