• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Qatar 2022 World Cup

football forum

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Xavi is one of the biggest twats in football, he was always a charmless, classless greasy prick at Barcelona, his greed fuelled sojourn to the Gulf has only made more people aware.

Just googled that

sojourn

a temporary stay (noun)

Thanks for improving my English :bye:

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Sorry about that bottom end remark mate, and meant no disrespect even if that was indeed your situation because I was actually defending those that find themselves in that predicament. The reason I said it was due to the fact you had a contract negated on and I've heard this sort of thing may times coming from people that have gone over there to work in construction.

In the case of Xavi, it's not just about the money although only a fool would say there's absolutely nothing in that part of the deals he sells his persona to. It's the web he's creating, the football network and his standing and weight now in the Gulf region where football is concerned stands his to have a lot of power once the Qatar World Cup is over (if it indeed goes ahead).

no worries mate.   no offense taken.   and i completely understand what you meant by it, that you're also infuriated with how these goats treat their foreign workers and you stand for what's right.  i'm thankful for that, that there are many people who's eyes are open to the truth and not turning a blind eye. 

i'm just one of the lucky one's to have a boss that's open minded.

yes, i guess Xavi wants to be a strong political figure in football, but seeing how things are now with how he behaves, his expectation vs reality is very much miles apart.

coz honestly,  this qatar worldcup might be the one with the least attendance of all time.   coz c'mon, who wants to go to the middle east and to that country in which it's clear as day that they're supporting terrorist ....  i hope it really gets scrapped though.

5 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@bozziovai How do you find emirates different from other Gulf Arabs ?

My relatives/friends that have worked in the Gulf also said that they tend to be better then all of them

the fact that the emirates is an open country gives it a big plus against Saudi.     Saudi and Qatar is just a bridge apart, a lot of my friends went there, place really sucks.   Temperatures is like hell on earth.   Qataris aren't helpful at all, my friends wanted help for directions but the locals didn't give them a hand, only the foreigners were helpful.

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Xavi is one of the biggest twats in football, he was always a charmless, classless greasy prick at Barcelona, his greed fuelled sojourn to the Gulf has only made more people aware.

i'm glad i'm not alone.       he is a good player, that i can give him.    but his attitude, he is spineless.  no conviction.  rumor-monger.   hate-monger.   not a human being.

• 2 months later...

november 21 to december 18.

the managers of each football clubs that has a player being called by his country will be praying to all his gods that none of them get injured or still has enough strength for the 2nd half of the season .......

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

World Cup expansion to 48 teams could happen at Qatar 2022, says Fifa

2 hours ago | Football

The expansion of the World Cup from 32 to 48 teams could be brought forward from 2026 to 2022, says Fifa president Gianni Infantino.

The change would require Qatar to share 2022 hosting duties with other countries in the region.

The decision has already been taken to expand the tournament in 2026 when it will be held in the USA, Canada, and Mexico, and Infantino is now considering doing the same for 2022.

"If it is possible, why not?" he said.

"We have to see if it is possible if it is feasible. We are discussing with our Qatari friends, we are discussing with our many other friends in the region and we hope that this can happen.

"And, if not, we will have tried. We will have tried because we always have to try to do things in a better way."

Speaking at the opening of the Asian Football Confederation's new headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Infantino also reiterated his plans to expand the Club World Cup.

He said he wants to make it a "real competition" that "every club in the world can target".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46042794

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

A country with only 1 city should have always been sharing it with others in the first place. 

Which country would do that ? The GCC has boycotted Qatar while their only friend in the Gulf right now is Iran which doesn't has the ability to host World Cup games and Iran's relation with the Western world. 

• Subscriber

Can't take any news about this specific World Cup seriously to be honest. 

In general though I'm still against the expansion. I don't see anything wrong with the World Cup how it is apart from not needing to have a 3rd place play-off. 

Expanding the Euros made more sense as you could argue 16 teams isn't many slots for a tournament every four years with more than half of those slots going to the same big names almost every time, but the whole best third place thing didn't work for me.

A better alternative, in my opinion anyway, would be to make it 40 teams and change the groups from 4 to 5 with still the top two progressing. If you have to expand it that is.

The last Euros was pretty rubbish until the quarter finals because nobody really knew what was going on and a lot of dross was in the last 16. Like there was teams that lost their first two games and still had a chance of qualifying. Thats just stupud. The only good thing about it was a third place team dire in the group stages beat Platini's much beloved France in the final.

I really enjoyed Russia and I'm concerned when the expansions that I'll always remember that as the last World Cup I enjoyed.

• The title was changed to Qatar 2022 World Cup
  • The topic was pinned

Archived