talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Qatar 2022 World Cup

football forum

17 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

This idea that it's there now so its right for men not to hold hands is a FIFA value I do not share.

Politicians without enough backbone to call out a country in the country they were invited to want you to think like FIFA. It makes them look good.

You can go there and disrespect their rules. There's no better time than the world cup to do so.

This world cup should be about humiliating their culture on their own turf. Rainbow flags everywhere.

There are 2 billion muslims around the world, so yeah, lets all just act like prats and humiliate and disrespect their culture in their own countries. What a grand idea! 😅

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Michael said:

Well, the allegation(which the Qataris deny apparently), is that these Indian migrant workers are being paid by the Qataris to go and support every team at the World Cup and have assigned different fan groups for each team. Either that, or the Indian workers have a real spontaneous passion for football, and each have their own favourite national team that they fanatically support at the World Cup. Even Costa Rica have apparently got their own big group of avid Indian migrant supporters. 🤐

Well, it's not that hard to believe the allegation considering that there's an official paid-for supporters programme sponsored by Qatar where they invited football fans from around the globe and offered to pay for their flights, match tickets and accommodation in exchange of promoting the tournament online and flagging critical social media posts. 

Or at least it was, but it seems they just cut the daily allowance for those fans because of negative press : https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/18/fans-paid-to-attend-world-cup-by-qatar-have-daily-allowance-cancelled

xD 

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

In Italia 1990 England fans were worse when they banned alcohol so not sure that is true 

Well, from what I understand, there will still be alcohol sold at the hotels, at the FIFA fan festival and at other licensed venues. It's just that alcohol will now not be sold at the stadiums, after the recent changed decision by FIFA and Qatar. 

On 19/11/2022 at 03:07, Spike said:

That’s Budlite. Budweiser is actually kind of hard to find and just tastes like a regular pilsner albeit a little too sweet. It’s no worse than any Euro macrobrewery. 

the first time I had Budweiser was in 2010 at the USA v Algeria game, made American friends and they kind of got me into it.   I don't mind it as a beer although my alcohol drinking is decreasing.   

On 18/11/2022 at 21:21, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf when you visit a country, you should be respecting the local culture...

Idk wtf anyone expected with this World Cup. Of course beer would be prohibited, regardless of their previous guarantees - it's fucking Qatar.

I concur with this.  Any person or group that goes to incite political rhetoric do so at their own risk and at the risk of being imprisoned.

I have sympathy for anyone that finds themselves on the wrong side of "moral crusade".

16 hours ago, Michael said:

There are 2 billion muslims around the world, so yeah, lets all just act like prats and humiliate and disrespect their culture in their own countries. What a grand idea! 😅

Aye, if only it was 2,000 then it would be alright? 

Symbolic gestures for better rights do not make you a prat. This tournament is literally making homophobic threats and demands. 

If you can't stand up for your values now at this most piss easy time and perfect opportunity then you never will. Or as is the case with FIFA, you don't actually really have these values in the first place.

• Subscriber

Gone kind of numb to this between confirmation of Qatar getting the tournament in the first place and now, but it's dawned on me again over the past few days and weeks that it's a total disgrace that it's being hosted in this country. FIFA really is an odious institution, rotten to the core. That press conference Infantino did the other day, I only saw clips of it but it's surreal.

I'll still watch it of course, at least when I'm not busy. I don't know if anyone's got a "well you're just as bad and if you feel strongly about it then you should boycott it" up their sleeve but if so, save it. There's nothing any of us can do about FIFA or Qatar. Sometimes you just have to say life's too short and watch the footie.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Cowards. 

hypocrite-big-bang-theory.gif 

Just the typical thing in sports recently - loud public statements and symbolic gestures for good PR when it's widely supported, but no actions to prove the point when it might have some personal consequences. All it took in this case is threatening the players with a yellow card xD 

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just the typical thing in sports recently - loud public statements and symbolic gestures for good PR when it's widely supported, but no actions to prove the point when it might have some personal consequences. All it took in this case is threatening the players with a yellow card xD 

And what a contrast. The Iranian captain is risking his life by criticising the regime in his country, and these idiots are scared of a yellow card. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And what a contrast. The Iranian captain is risking his life by criticising the regime in his country, and these idiots are scared of a yellow card. 

Didn't the German national team also have a plane painted with diversity messages, but only flew it to Oman and then took another, completely regular plane to Qatar from there? xD 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Cowards. 

56 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not surprising. Everyone will jump up and down but the moment FIFA once again show how shit they are, they all back down.

Want something to make you laugh more?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63699477

Screenshot_20221121-123010.thumb.png.907c33ff4f931b05f231232eb9911d42.png

35 minutes ago, nudge said:

Didn't the German national team also have a plane painted with diversity messages, but only flew it to Oman and then took another, completely regular plane to Qatar from there? xD 

Yea. 

csm_272980-fanhansa_107b973b01.jpg

Archived