talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Qatar 2022 World Cup

football forum

4 hours ago, Stan said:

This is so true 

McCoist is fantastic. 

I don't mind Hartson. I still remember the dark days of Mark Lawrenson or Mick McCarthy doing commentary and just going on about how bad the game is.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/11/2022 at 01:39, 6666 said:

I don't mind Hartson. I still remember the dark days of Mark Lawrenson or Mick McCarthy doing commentary and just going on about how bad the game is.

They were two of the most boring and depressing pundits in football.

On 22/11/2022 at 14:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

Harry Kane claimed a match ban... but he also claimed a goal he didn't touch and swore on his daughters life. VVD confirmed they were threatened with yellow cards... yet still acted indignant about the criticism.

I think both Kane, Virgil, and anyone else talking about their pathetic back-down from their planned protest should just shut up and (to use a cringey quote) "take the L." Like Western governments, their support of human rights was only really until it was going to negatively impact them then they backed down. Meanwhile there are players at this world cup actually protesting human rights violations and putting their wellbeing and the wellbeing of their families at risk.

No need to keep grandstanding - admit you were only willing to protest as long as you were allowed to and stop pretending to champion human rights when the threat of a yellow card scared you off.

On the other hand, they know people are relying on them to play. There would be immense pressure from staff, fans, other players, friends, family to win. It’s never so simple when people are being pulled in multiple directions, what’s right morally, what’s right personally, the heart can make hard decisions, an entire lifetime leading up to a world cup, or making a stand for human rights in a place that is so far away, it’s one thing if it’s your home…

3 minutes ago, Spangle said:

A message to all the England supporters...

**** all's comin' home !!!

What's with the ****?

Shitball's coming home?

Fuckball's coming home?

2 minutes ago, Spangle said:

I guess it was too complicated ? and with regard to folks easily offended ;)

Fuck all's comin' home !!!

Oooooh, now I get it. We can swear on here. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spangle said:

Looks like someone had a few too many Coors Light today...

5 hours ago, Spangle said:

The inflatable is. Part of Beckham's brand ambassador deal. Going to sit on top of the 02 arena.

In music, I think I do prefer positivity over suggesting only God can help.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Jesus and Telles out for the tournament 

🤦‍♂️

This fucks us more than anyone. Hearing it's not gonna be for too long so that's good. Might even return before the new year.

Need Nketiah to start being good now...

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Great stuff.

"After Rob Stone noted, in the lead-up to the group match between Brazil and Serbia, that the Brazilians have won the World Cup five times – perhaps the most widely known World Cup statistic of all – a wide-eyed Dempsey exclaimed, “Wow, you really did your research!” "

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Nobody on here will believe us when we say the commentary here is shite.

Honestly, Telemundo is the way to go. Sure, I can’t speak Spanish. But holy fuck god help me if I have to listen to the commentary team Fox is going to send out.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nobody on here will believe us when we say the commentary here is shite.

Honestly, Telemundo is the way to go. Sure, I can’t speak Spanish. But holy fuck god help me if I have to listen to the commentary team Fox is going to send out.

I listen to Telemundo tooxD

Fuck me, I hate that American talking down thing they do when they say shit like ‘speaking the king’s’, ‘that’s an NFL score but you wouldn’t know that’, fuck me I have to live with this shite now I get to listen to it on Fox.

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

I listen to Telemundo tooxD

Fuck me, I hate that American talking down thing they do when they say shit like ‘speaking the king’s’, ‘that’s an NFL score but you wouldn’t know that’, fuck me I have to live with this shite now I get to listen to it on Fox.

It is truly the worst. I just wish more people here could understand how horrible it is.

Archived