Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Your Sporting Moment of 2018

England's World Cup run? Lewis Hamilton's fifth world title? Francesco Molinari winning The Open? 

What has been your favourite sporting moment of 2018?

So far it's got to be Lewis Hamilton's fifth world title, not that I know much about F1 but that guy with his achievements has got me looking and watching the sport on a more regular basis. 

27 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

@Tommy couldn't stop talking about it for days, I thought I liked Hamilton but boy he takes it to another level. 

I feel and am, truly #blessed. 

Mick Schumacher winning FIA Formula3 European Championship.

Porsche taking double victory in Le Mans with both cars sporting legendary liveries.

HSV getting relegated.

football forum

Peru in the World Cup. I don't care if we went out in the groups. It was a moment we've been waiting our whole lives. The experience was marvellous and I won't ever forget it. Just spending the time with family. We actually looked good too, we weren't Panama or Saudi Arabia (not that we were expecting it mind). If a bit more luck went our way maybe we could have enjoyed it just a little bit longer.

Our female relay team winning the 4x400 gold at the Asian Games. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1NamHWPqPyvD3_Cun8_p

We are not known for athletics and this was a welcome surprise. Also the emergence of Hima Das, who won a gold in 400 metres at the Under 20 World championship. It would be amazing if she could do something similar on the next level. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Our female relay team winning the 4x400 gold at the Asian Games. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1NamHWPqPyvD3_Cun8_p

We are not known for athletics ?? and this was a welcome surprise. Also the emergence of Hima Das, who won a gold in 400 metres at the Under 20 World championship. It would be amazing if she could do something similar on the next level. 

You guys are only behind China and Japan in the overall tally in the Asian Games.

This Asian games was a welcome change for athletics, where we have traditionally struggled. We tend to win more medals in shooting, wrestling or even boxing. But the rise of track and field athletes is a good new development. 

That 3-3 draw between Portugal and Spain. Really built up the hype for the World Cup.

or the “its coming home” movement...

14 hours ago, Harry said:

That 3-3 draw between Portugal and Spain. Really built up the hype for the World Cup.

or the “its coming home” movement...

or Sand Papers :ph34r:

Gotta be England's World Cup run, for me. An over-achievement but not seen the whole nation galvanised like that in a very long time. 

If not that, then has to be Hamilton winning a 5th world title. I don't follow golf too much so can't really assess anything from anyone's achievements in that. 

Add this too. Happened earlier today. 

Mary Kom winning the gold at World Boxing Championship for the sixth time, a record. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVgRLSCvv6CZ2sMi99ZRI