talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Sporting Moment of 2018

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peru in the World Cup. I don't care if we went out in the groups. It was a moment we've been waiting our whole lives. The experience was marvellous and I won't ever forget it. Just spending the time with family. We actually looked good too, we weren't Panama or Saudi Arabia (not that we were expecting it mind). If a bit more luck went our way maybe we could have enjoyed it just a little bit longer.

Our female relay team winning the 4x400 gold at the Asian Games. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1NamHWPqPyvD3_Cun8_p

We are not known for athletics and this was a welcome surprise. Also the emergence of Hima Das, who won a gold in 400 metres at the Under 20 World championship. It would be amazing if she could do something similar on the next level. 

48 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Our female relay team winning the 4x400 gold at the Asian Games. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1NamHWPqPyvD3_Cun8_p

We are not known for athletics ?? and this was a welcome surprise. Also the emergence of Hima Das, who won a gold in 400 metres at the Under 20 World championship. It would be amazing if she could do something similar on the next level. 

You guys are only behind China and Japan in the overall tally in the Asian Games.

• Administrator

Gotta be England's World Cup run, for me. An over-achievement but not seen the whole nation galvanised like that in a very long time. 

If not that, then has to be Hamilton winning a 5th world title. I don't follow golf too much so can't really assess anything from anyone's achievements in that. 

Archived