talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 23-25th November, 2018

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught some of the Rotherham / Sheffield United and you can see why Rotherham are overachieving this season. They were quick at pressing when off the ball and never gave up. They wanted a positive result about 30% more than Sheffield United and quite rightly got one. If they can keep up that intensity (which will be a big ask) they'll survive comfortably this season.

I didn't realise there was a Friday game, but yeah, Ipswich are shite.

As for the Saturday games...

Norwich right now look pretty incredible @Marc @AMG handing out another thumping. I know we're going way back here but it's reminiscent of the dominance you displayed when Huckerby, McKenzie, Francis etc pummeled the league in 2003. Hopefully you can see through the dreaded fixture list around Christmas and build on this to create an incredible story. All you really need to keep hopeing for is that Harry Wilson stops scoring as his goal to win ratio is pretty amazing.

I was going to create a thread on if Jordan Hugill could be influential for Middlesbrough now that he's back fit, but I refrained myself from doing so after one good performance against Wigan. It was pleasing to see him do it again. Even if it was at @Dannys expense.

Away from the promotion charges, Preston seem to be going under the radar. Everybody thought it was soon and gloom not long ago whilst now everything seems to be clicking. As for the QPR/Stoke game of love to know what odds you would have got on an Angel Rangel double. A pretty sweet strike for the second too.

Not really much to say about Wigan/Reading and Bolton/Millwall other than it looked like teams that were evenly skilled and you hope for their sake they can improve in the run up towards Christmas.

Oh, and whilst some of Birminghams defending today was horrific, some of Hulls defending yesterday didn't look much better.

Happy to get back to winning ways after the West Brom debacle but far from vintage that. Very scrappy infact till Bristol City had a red card and then the scales tipped in our favour.

But we had a baby in Huffer between the sticks on his debut and also a debut to a young kid Halme at centre back replacing Jansson. So pluses for both of them on their first start's. Bielsa doesn't seem fazed to chuck the kids in when we need to.

There is no doubt we are missing that bit of pizzazz that we had at the start. Definitely miss Ayling's forward run's from RB. The injuries have really disrupted the flow of this side but they keep going. I feel like we need to bring Saiz back into the team Tuesday night in place of Forshaw. He has the ability to activate the spark we need at times.

Still, we can't moan too much at being third and a win from going back to the top.

11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Eight arrested at The Midlands Derby. Four of which were for Violent Disorder.

Timid,really. 

But im not surprised, most of Blues  “Zulu army” are lager swilling coke sniffing clowns anyway. Plus this 12 on a Sunday was stupid because now with coke they go through from Saturday evening. My mates a paramedic and he spent yesterday afternoon/ evening picking up 20 something’s who’ve been on it for 24 -30 hours solid. Pick them up take them A&E pump stomachs etc repeat cycle. 

After 2pm Blues fans melted away, Villa fans got hammered, no doubt there was some sort of fight but it was probably miles away. 

Anyway onto Ronaldo, massive Hutton fan. 

D80265CB-B995-4D8B-A55C-B89D0DA926F2.jpeg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived