talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Milan 2-2 AC Milan | Saturday, April 15, 2017 | Derby della Madonnina

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not the allure this used to have, but still my favorite rivalry in the sport. Having attended this game before, I watch this match every year, and thought that this match, and this league, needs some love. 

FORZA INTER

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I always liked both teams. Maybe Inter a touch more.

Outside of sharing a city - There are a ton of similarities with these two teams, not the least of which is that both have 18 Scudettos. Something about Inter have always gotten me though and they will always be my Italian/European team. We used to have a solid Italian section back on the 'old' forum. Sadly, when the whole scandal went down, so did the support on here. 

cb56434140032a5ed0ad1cd43cad21bf.jpg

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

7 Scudetti came during Serie A's worth years. They were merely the best of 20 levels of rubbish.

Those were good Inter teams though - One won the Champions League by beating Barca and Bayern Munich. Roma were still good, and Napoli & Fiorentina were slowly rising. 

AC just got a points deduction, and Juventus were back in Serie A in no time. 

I grew up with the likes of Cafu, Kaka, Seedorf, Dida, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Nesta and of course Maldini in the Milan team (also Ronaldo and Ronaldinho who joined later albeit having both declined quite a bit) and I've always had a soft spot for them as a result, not to mention Kaka was my favourite player too which certainly helped. I hope they can become a prominent team on the European stage again one day soon and that they'll beat Inter on Saturday :D 

12 minutes ago, Takyon said:

I grew up with the likes of Cafu, Kaka, Seedorf, Dida, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Nesta and of course Maldini in the Milan team (also Ronaldo and Ronaldinho who joined later albeit having both declined quite a bit) and I've always had a soft spot for them as a result, not to mention Kaka was my favourite player too which certainly helped. I hope they can become a prominent team on the European stage again one day soon and that they'll beat Inter on Saturday :D 

To be honest, the idea that at one point, you had Cordoba, Adriano, Materazzi, Caesar, Samuel, Zanettti, Cambiaso, Sneijder, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, MaldiniPirlo, Nesta, Staam, Shev, Dida, Seedorf, Cafu, all within 10 years...just makes you realize it may never been that good again in MIlan. 

Plus Eto'o and Ibra. 

7 minutes ago, ATL said:

Those were good Inter teams though - One won the Champions League by beating Barca and Bayern Munich. Roma were still good, and Napoli & Fiorentina were slowly rising. 

AC just got a points deduction, and Juventus were back in Serie A in no time. 

They were decent for that one year. The others were severe underachievers under Mancini.

Just now, Spike said:

They were decent for that one year. The others were severe underachievers under Mancini.

I can't really disagree with you, except they were still great teams, just Mancini wasn't the best to manage it all. 

Just now, ATL said:

To be honest, the idea that at one point, you had Cordoba, Adriano, Materazzi, Caesar, Samuel, Zanettti, Cambiaso, Sneijder, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, MaldiniPirlo, Nesta, Staam, Shev, Dida, Seedorf, Cafu, all within 10 years...just makes you realize it may never been that good again in MIlan. 

I forgot about Adriano, he was something else before he fell off. I remember in PES when he had 99 shot power, 30 yarders for days xD Such a shame his career went the way it did. 

Just now, Takyon said:

I forgot about Adriano, he was something else before he fell off. I remember in PES when he had 99 shot power, 30 yarders for days xD Such a shame his career went the way it did. 

Yeah - I forgot to add Ibra and Eto. 

Adriano in his hey day was an absolute monster. His health issues and life style destroyed him. Still an Inter Legend in my book. This was my first football match to attend ever, and this is where the passion started. 

11 minutes ago, ATL said:

I can't really disagree with you, except they were still great teams, just Mancini wasn't the best to manage it all. 

It was the decade after Calciopoli was the worst point in Italian football. The quality was atrocious. It is only now recovering due to Asian money and the genius of Napoli, Juve, Lazio, and Roma. I don't consider the title awarded to Inter nor do I consider the two titles won by Juve. Inter stand at 17 and Juve 30.

Inter only have one point from three games since their 7-1 mauling of Atalanta, allowing their neighbours to overtake them. There's a lot to play for here.

I'd love to see either/both of rise back up and play in Europe again, but at the moment I prefer Milan because of their young players like Donnarumma and Locatelli.

Is Gagliardini still out? He'd be a massive blow if so.

Just now, Spike said:

It was the decade after Calciopoli was the worst point in Italian football. The quality was atrocious. It is only now recovering due to Asian money and the genius of Napoli, Juve, Lazio, and Roma. I don't consider the title awarded to Inter nor do I consider the two titles won by Juve. Inter stand at 17 and Juve 30.

Yeah - Not the strongest case for the Inter Scudetto, but I definitely want to beat AC to 20 and get that second star. 

You wouldn't miss these two years ago, as people have said the players they've had between them have been phenomenal, it's a shame this has happened to them. Neither really seem that exciting anymore and you wonder if there's any hope of them still competing to the levels they used to.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Takyon said:

pretty much this as well, for me.

Likeable squad, great talent and ability in spread out across the team. Pirlo, Seedorf, Maldini and Nesta were sensational.

Not to say Inter didn't have theirs over the years - Cambiasso, Zanetti, Adriano. I find myself reminiscing about the talents of yesteryear in this derby as opposed to what the game is like now. 

Love that it's the earlier kick-off though this Saturday. Doesn't conflict with much other football to watch xD 

7 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

It's an early kick off? That definitely takes something away from such a big fixture. It should be the late match, under the floodlights.

It's not uncommon in Italy though for the big fixtures to be played early, no? I mean, the 'late' game is Napoli - Udinese which isn't really a big, ideal, matchup.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ATL said:

It's not uncommon in Italy though for the big fixtures to be played early, no? I mean, the 'late' game is Napoli - Udinese which isn't really a big, ideal, matchup.

this season, big fixtures - either rival matches or table clashes - have been Saturday or Sunday evening, from memory.

Can't remember last time Milan derby was played early Sunday morning/lunchtime. 

• The title was changed to Inter Milan 2-2 AC Milan | Saturday, April 15, 2017 | Derby della Madonnina

Archived