• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Milan 2-2 AC Milan | Saturday, April 15, 2017 | Derby della Madonnina

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

Great first half. Deulefau looks absolutely rapid at this level.

I felt the Goalkeeper could have imposed himself more for both of Inter's goals but I know were not allowed to say bad things about him because he's twelve years old.

xD

I thought he should have done better on the first one - I didn't notice anything on the second other than no one was marking Icardi. 

5 minutes ago, ATL said:

xD

I thought he should have done better on the first one - I didn't notice anything on the second other than no one was marking Icardi. 

I thought he was positioned too close to the goal. A Goalkeeper at the top of Serie A could have dived across and claimed it. 

I am being very picky there mind you. The first goal was a lot more obvious.

The difference in quality between Inter's central three and Milan's central three has forced Milan to be far more one dimensional than they need to be. If Inter get more help in defensive wide positions, Milan have no threat.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Deulofeu is the only one trying to create anything for Milan. Got through a couple of times but not finding the right pass in the box. 

He's almost too quick. No one else in the team is quick enough, physically and in the mind, to keep up with his runs. Bacca has been invisible for the majority of the match.

• Administrator
Just now, ScoRoss said:

He's almost too quick. No one else in the team is quick enough, physically and in the mind, to keep up with his runs. Bacca has been invisible for the majority of the match.

yeah I've been disappointed with Bacca. Not much has fallen for him but then he's not been making the runs or creating space as he would against most sides in Serie A. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, ATL said:

Inter are just loading the box and sitting back. Hate this style of play. 

effective though. Inter's defence back themselves against an ineffective Bacca. Easy pickings to get possession. The one man they have to watch for is Deulofeu, who's now switched to the right wing. No-one keeping up with his level though.

Inter just seeing out the 2-0 win. It's good game management from Piolo. Shut out Milan, keep the composure especially now that Milan have gone 2 up front. Maybe hit Milan on the counter. 

Just now, Stan said:

effective though. Inter's defence back themselves against an ineffective Bacca. Easy pickings to get possession. The one man they have to watch for is Deulofeu, who's now switched to the right wing. No-one keeping up with his level though.

Inter just seeing out the 2-0 win. It's good game management from Piolo. Shut out Milan, keep the composure especially now that Milan have gone 2 up front. Maybe hit Milan on the counter. 

Definitely smart tactics, just harder to watch. 

Goal MIlan..

Damnit. 

Sitting back and defending the 2-0 lead didn't last long. xD

4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Not just a comment on this game but what a signing Gagliardini has been for Inter. So little game time in his career and a huge price tag, but he is a quality player. His assist today was top quality.

Yep, looks like a nailed on future star for Italy.

• The title was changed to Inter Milan 2-1 AC Milan | Saturday, April 15, 2017 | Derby della Madonnina
  • The title was changed to Inter Milan 2-2 AC Milan | Saturday, April 15, 2017 | Derby della Madonnina

Piolo got far too conservative too early. Still, no excuse to allow two defenders to score from a simple cross into the box. Goodness knows what Handanovic was doing for the second. Inter should have had that match won easily with their chances.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Sounds like I've missed a dramatic ending here. How was that allowed to happen?!

lack of concentration at the corner. not sure where the extra 2 mins stoppage time came from to be fair. 

Inter will be livid at their own inability to see out the game as well as at the officials for allowing that extra stoppage time to be played.

However, at 2-1, they had a golden chance on the counter attack but they fluffed it with poor decisions and poor passes. 

Archived