talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 24th November, 2018

football forum

Manchester United. The huge dose of aids that keeps on giving. 

Seriously, when will the ‘suffering’ end. I get that we’re (hopefully) not getting relegated this season and yes, other teams have it shite yadayadayada. But this football is just painful to watch. There’s no emotion. It’s not like I’m even arsed watching the games. The players don’t give a fuck and luck absolutely clueless. He’s got to go, it’s just a question of when. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Seriously, when will the ‘suffering’ end. I get that we’re (hopefully) not getting relegated this season and yes, other teams have it shite yadayadayada. But this football is just painful to watch. There’s no emotion. It’s not like I’m even arsed watching the games. The players don’t give a fuck and luck absolutely clueless. He’s got to go, it’s just a question of when. 

LFCMadLad

Sat in 7th, 14 points from top, with a minus 1 goal difference.

Trust the process 

27 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That BBC match report xD

The five goals they have conceded is a defensive club record for this stage of a top-flight campaign, though they looked shaky at the back throughout on Saturday.

The shakiest best defence in Europe xD

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Still think Pogba is 'the problem'? Sooner Manchester United fans get over their embarrassment that they ever accepted Mourinho in the first place the better for your club. He is the problem, an absolute cancer that rots away at your club each day he is there. 

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Still think Pogba is 'the problem'? Sooner Manchester United fans get over their embarrassment that they ever accepted Mourinho in the first place the better for your club. He is the problem, an absolute cancer that rots away at your club each day he is there. 

I’ve genuinely wanted to give him as long as possible, always thinking he would turn it around at some point. Should have listened to everyone and past history.

Midweek, he once again threw the kids under the bus whilst never mentioning his absolute abject failure signings including Lindelof, Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez. Mind you, he can’t blame them because ergo, he blames himself as he purchased them. 

I could honestly cope with finishing shite, as long as the football resembled something half decent and we tried. Playing defensive against Crystal Fucking Palace at home and still drawing 0-0 is just shite. What’s the point in playing such dire football to protect a back 4 that you consistently choose, change and chop?

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve genuinely wanted to give him as long as possible, always thinking he would turn it around at some point. Should have listened to everyone and past history.

Midweek, he once again threw the kids under the bus whilst never mentioning his absolute abject failure signings including Lindelof, Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez. Mind you, he can’t blame them because ergo, he blames himself as he purchased them. 

I could honestly cope with finishing shite, as long as the football resembled something half decent and we tried. Playing defensive against Crystal Fucking Palace at home and still drawing 0-0 is just shite. What’s the point in playing such dire football to protect a back 4 that you consistently choose, change and chop?

Has to leave. He should never be in charge of a club like Manchester United. 

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Trust the process my friend, all is well with the world.

• Subscriber

There is more potential for Pogba to become an asset to United than Mourinho but for reasons I've gone into at length in the past on multiple occasions, I'd despise Pogba a lot more right now if I was a United supporter.

Gladly I'm not a United supporter though. I'm a gloryhunting bastard supporting a top six club.

• Subscriber
On 22/11/2018 at 02:07, Dan said:

We beat these twice last year, in-fact the only side we did that to (in before Stan says Sheffield United).

I'm not going this weekend. I'm going to a game in Germany again.

I think this'll be a very forgettable draw, which isn't a terrible result but I think with our run coming up we're going to need to turn a couple of likely draws into wins. Watford at home after this reeks of a draw and Fulham away's gone from a very winnable looking game into an almost certain defeat given they've appointed Ranieri, following that we play three of the top six and Palace away who hammered us twice last year.

I could be being harsh but I think we've been mediocre at best so far this year and I think if we don't improve it will show.

The international break couldn't have come at a better time for us. I think that while obviously we'll never fully draw a line under what happened with Vichai, we've got to try and get back focused on the football now.

I'll say a 1-1 draw with Vardy for us - he is badly due a goal, he's having a really poor season this time out.

When you know you know xD

Didn't watch our game so I can't comment too much but I got the following impressions from trusted people:

- First half was abysmal, flat, no sign of us scoring at all, not at all surprising given we started Okazaki on his own up front over Vardy who is granted, out of form this season but even despite that still our best option up front by a distance. When Vardy came on in the 56th minute, we hadn't had a single shot. By the end of the game I think we'd had 6, and that was largely with ten men.

- Our discipline is just scandalous now. 9 red cards in 33 games for us which for some context, the next highest in that time period in the league is 4. Yet again, not a dirty team red card, just an unbelievably naive one. Maddison should be docked a weeks wages for that. Absolutely unbelievable to do that on a booking. Thankfully, he's only out for the cup game against Southampton and I doubt he'd have played anyway so it's no big loss.

- Before the game, I'd have said it was a 'meh' result (and did in-fact actually), but from the position we were in at half time, a goal down, no shots and down to ten men, it's a good result, but I still think we're in danger of going on a bad winless run. I really don't think it's inconceivable we have a 9 game winless run.

• The topic was unpinned

You know what, when Andros Townsend went one on one with David DeGea I thought that was it. I thought the goal was coming and we would finally beat Manchester United in The Premier League. Some things are never to be.

Other than our inability to score I have no complaints. That was our strongest eleven yesterday. It's very balanced and should be able to compete with anybody. I was surprised by how lacklustre Manchester United were given this was a great chance to make ground on either Chelsea or Spurs, but I think we deserve credit for how organised we were.

Regarding the controversial decisions. I don't think Fellaini meant to hurt Luka, I'm not convinced Kayoute's goal should have been ruled out, Lukaku's was definitely offside and Sakho was lucky to be on the pitch.

All in all a good game for a 0-0.

Other than the excitement at Old Trafford:

@Bluebird Hewitt I imagine you'll take positives even though you lost. Everton played well but you were so well structured they'll feel fortunate to take three points. Hopefully you'll improve down the other end as the season progresses.

You have to feel for Jokanovic really as Saints at home is literally the ideal fixture to change your teams fortunes. Instead not unfortunately dilly ding snake will take all the credit. I do worry for Hughes after this. They finally start scoring and then they concede three.

Glenn Murray is the gift that keeps on giving. I thought we would regret letting him go but this is just another level of ridiculous. Just give him that England cap already.

Trent Alexander-Arnold strengthening his case for the Golden Boy award with an absolutely fantastic goal. I didn't think he had that in his locker. The potential this kid has is frightening. Poor Clyne has done nothing wrong but may not see the pitch again for a while.

I was listening to the commentary on Talksport for the West Ham game and The Moose made it sound like West Ham were awful. Other than Masuaku I didn't think West Ham were terrible, I just thought they were up against a side that us absolutely class.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Other than the excitement at Old Trafford:

@Bluebird Hewitt I imagine you'll take positives even though you lost. Everton played well but you were so well structured they'll feel fortunate to take three points. Hopefully you'll improve down the other end as the season progresses.

Unfortunately, we seem to either fuck ourselves early on to give us an uphill battle (see Spurs, Liverpool, Brighton and Fulham as examples where we conceded in the first 15 minutes) or our defence holds firm but then can't create much (let alone score) at the other end.

Paterson has done well for us but he's not a natural striker. We need that bit of quality up front if we're to stand a chance.

Archived