Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea
Chelsea 4-2 Tottenham (FA Cup)
Tottenham 2-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can go either way. We always start sluggish after the International break, however our record at Wembley speaks for itself. A draw or our first loss the only outcome I see. 

Giroud

Hazard---------Pedro

Kovacic---Kante

Jorginho

Alonso---Luiz---Rudiger---Dave

Kepa 

Won last season, but weren't impressive. This is the first time in some time that Tottenham will face us with us being offensive from the start. Our shaky defense needs to tighten, i am obviously hopeful for a win but a draw wouldn't be the end of the World. Spurs also not impressive this season (performance wise) however they are still up there point wise. I'd start the same team that Cicero posted, however i think Morata will start almost certainly.

On 21/11/2018 at 08:55, Cicero said:

We always start sluggish after the International break. 

Like clockwork. Really is pathetic how this is becoming a thing. 

Glad it's a bollocking. This team is getting far too complacent and aside the hiccup, Kepa has kept this respectable. The fundamental mistakes on show is truly unacceptable. 

Embarrassing the difference in energy levels. It really is. 

Just got in from work... 2-0 down after 16 minutes probably summed up the way we started,

We were never going to remain unbeaten and had to lose at some point but I will reserve comment until I have seen the game about performance... Spurs looking well worth the win from what I can tell... 

Maurizio Sarri admits he warned his Chelsea players they had ‘big problems’ in the build-up to their 3-1 defeat to Tottenham on Saturday. Chelsea suffered their first defeat under Sarri as Spurs ran out comfortable winners at Wembley. Early goals from Dele Alli and Harry Kane were well-deserved for Spurs’ fast start, while Heung-Min Son put the hosts three ahead with a sublime solo effort. Olivier Giroud pulled a goal back for Chelsea with five minutes remaining but Sarri’s side looked disjointed in attack and all over the place in defence.

‘I knew very well that we had lots of problems to solve,’ Sarri said after the game. ‘I think today it was clear for everybody.

‘I hope for the players because I told them in the last week that we had big problems with our approach to the match. Today was the same approach. ‘We played very badly from the physical point of view, mentally, technically and tactically.’

That's it.. the beginning of the end, the Sarri magic has worn off already...mid table finish here we come.... 

Image result for game over man gif

First off Spurs played us off the park fully deserved win.

This result flattered us, we were complete piss. Probably our worst game against Spurs in ages, and our worst this season. Our start was slower than slow and Tottenham took full advantage and scored two fast goal, which in my opinion Kepa should have saved. Then again can't target him as in our starting 11 not one player deserved any praise. I am not taking anything from Spurs win they were superb, just as much as we were completely shit. We even failed the basics like passing the ball a complete off game. 

Not the end of the World hope we bounce back with no long term effects. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 3-1 Chelsea - Saturday 24th November, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Credit where it's due for Spurs. To get Kane, Alli and Son all on the score sheet against a top side in Chelsea is nothing short of special. They've gone under the radar this season, but this is the result they needed to get noticed.

I said after the Palace game that Sissoko has morphed in to a beast but he was another level yesterday. A strong tank capable of tackling, running with the ball and ooxkong out a pass. What a turnaround for him this season.

As for Chelsea, we could talk all day about what David Luiz was doing but its important to keep calm and remember this is there first loss of the season and its late November. Hopefully this is nothing more than a blip, regardless of how many people in the country enjoyed it. Pundits must have liked this result too, as now they can question Sarri on Kante's position.

Played off the park.

You can look at how well Spurs played and tactics but if we go into any game with our attitude, work rate and mentality like it was Saturday evening then we're going to struggle to finish top ten in this league let alone top four. Son, Sissoko and Kane in particular were brilliant for Spurs who as a team collectively won every second ball, pressed and worked harder than us and played with a desire that we couldn't match.

Tactically Sarri lost the game as well. Son and Kane's movement was more or less what won them the game, they look advantage of spaces which we can gift teams at times. Spurs packed the centre of the pitch while we were in possession which naturally encourages us to use width and we even saw Azpilicueta on numerous occasions get up the right wing. Our first problem is that both our full backs are shite offensively but the crowded centre pushes these guys up which can leave us vulnerable defensively if we do not ensure we do the particular basics of Sarri's system defensively which we weren't up to which links into my first paragraph above. Also if you're playing us both Azpilicueta and Alonso are the men you want on the ball as both can't do anything with it.

Stop Jorginho. Stop Hazard. Who do we have offensively on the ball? Morata? xD Kanté is important defensively but doesn't offer anything in attack and can be very sloppy when under pressure. I like Kovacic's technical ability, he's nice on the eye but without really offering an awful lot which was one my biggest issues with him when we signed him. Then we have Willian who is the worst out of the four offensively which says an awful lot about the player he's made out to be by some. If teams are crowding out Jorginho and Hazard or doubling up or whatever that means there's more space for players elsewhere. Here's an idea, buy better quality players for the other positions. Say to teams, you can double / triple up on Jorginho and Hazard if you want but we've also got so and so in another position that can get close to Hazard's and Jorginho's offensive influence. Been a problem for years and years now. And it's why we're currently in the Europa League and battling it out for 4th place.

• Subscriber

I've only skim read this, I'm sure it's been said but when two of your three man midfield are terrified of scoring goals, alongside either Kovacic who looks good on the ball but isn't a goal threat, or Barkley who despite the media's love in is the same old player who will go missing for half of the season or more, then your centre forward options consist of Morata and Giroud, it's a bit of a miracle Chelsea got this far unbeaten. If you can shut down Hazard then that just leaves Pedro/Willian and Alonso to worry about.

Honeymoon period very much over for Sarri. Be interesting to see how Chelsea react now.

He wasn’t the worst performer for us Saturday but Willian is shite mate, I even imagine that managers secretly know they can afford to put extra men on Hazard as they know Willian isn’t that much of a threat. Apart from his free kick and the fact that he’s a bit of a clutch type player (similar to what Ivanovic was really), Alonso is shite as well.

Archived