talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365's All-Time Milan Team Rules

football forum

In honor of the derby di Milano this weekend, I figured this week we would vote on the All-Time MIlan squad. Basic 4-4-2 formation, here is how it'll break down. 

Tuesday : Keeper
Wednesday: RB-CB-CB-LB
Thursday: MF - MF - MF - MF
Friday - FW -FW 

Check out my thread tomorrow for the votes on GK - As you can imagine, the only rule is that each player must have played for a Milan club for the significant period of time. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zenga

Zanetti

Bergomi

Baresi

Facchetti

Mattheus

Suarez

Meazza

Cambiasso

Mazzola

Ronaldo

That's a solid list. Figo might gain some votes. 

@Spike - But my intention for this is to combine both and make just 1 Milan All Time XI. 

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Zenga

Zanetti

Bergomi

Baresi

Facchetti

Mattheus

Suarez

Meazza

Cambiasso

Mazzola

Ronaldo

That's a monstrous team and the only one I'd question is Ronaldo...  Not because he hasn't been one of the greatest strikers of all time, just that he wasn't the same player for Inter that he was for Barça and Real.  But forget my Ronaldo point and I don't want to focus on it....

That team you've put down is an amazing collection of the best of any era. ;)

• The topic was pinned
5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That's a monstrous team and the only one I'd question is Ronaldo...  Not because he hasn't been one of the greatest strikers of all time, just that he wasn't the same player for Inter that he was for Barça and Real.  But forget my Ronaldo point and I don't want to focus on it....

That team you've put down is an amazing collection of the best of any era. ;)

He was injured a lot. He was still scoring goals like no-one else despite only having one knee. I just couldn't not have him on the team.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

He was injured a lot. He was still scoring goals like no-one else despite only having one knee. I just couldn't not have him on the team.

Ronaldo was class and it's a shame his style of game had to change due to his wonky knee.

To be honest, you could make some of the greatest sides in history with AC Milan, Inter, Torino and Juventus.

Actually coming to think of it, it would be a great idea to do a general thread of the greatest sides of as many European clubs as possible or even clubs anywhere including Latin America.

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ronaldo was class and it's a shame his style of game had to change due to his wonky knee.

To be honest, you could make some of the greatest sides in history with AC Milan, Inter, Torino and Juventus.

Actually coming to think of it, it would be a great idea to do a general thread of the greatest sides of as many European clubs as possible or even clubs anywhere including Latin America.

Looking back on his transfer to Real Madrid is really odd. Not many would've payed such a sum for a man that had been constantly injured the previous four years, although it was obvious whenever he played he hadn't lost it the injury accumulation wasn't pretty. You'd think he would have stayed at Inter for a long time if his career was derailed by such injuries, maybe Inter would've won a few titles and maybe Ronaldo would have broken many Italian records.. Such a shame nearly half of his career was robbed from us as football fans. Much like van Basten before him and many other great players.

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

Looking back on his transfer to Real Madrid is really odd. Not many would've payed such a sum for a man that had been constantly injured the previous four years, although it was obvious whenever he played he hadn't lost it the injury accumulation wasn't pretty. You'd think he would have stayed at Inter for a long time if his career was derailed by such injuries, maybe Inter would've won a few titles and maybe Ronaldo would have broken many Italian records.. Such a shame nearly half of his career was robbed from us as football fans. Much like van Basten before him and many other great players.

You may be right and we'll never know what may have been with his Inter career had he not have been injured so much.

But the main issue with his injuries was his change in style...  He was still a tremendous striker but not like the one before all that occurred...  No longer did we see the weaving and tricks with acute turns.  It was now based on muscle power which is also something that should be commended because few have changed so radically.

He never done this sort of stuff again!

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

That young Jose Mourinho at 1:25. Before becoming a bitter old man.

That young Mourinho that was totally besotted with both Guardiola and Xavi...  It's a shame he changed in that way to be honest.  He didn't have to so as to be the man he became.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived