• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager Forum

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I'll admit that Football Manager is getting popular now on this site, my only gripe with doing this is that I fear we'd have hundreds of threads when someone starts a new save, gets bored and then starts a new one.

Potentially but hopefully the amount of good saves with regular updates should outweigh that..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2017 at 6:44 AM, Cannabis said:

I'll admit that Football Manager is getting popular now on this site, my only gripe with doing this is that I fear we'd have hundreds of threads when someone starts a new save, gets bored and then starts a new one.

To be honest most managers on average go through three saves a season. I take full credit for bringing that average down but we wouldn't end up with too many threads a year.

Sometimes I don't do a long arse review because it's annoying as fuck writing a massive review and it gets unintentionally skipped over because there's a separate discussion going on. I mean I sacrificed my finger ffs and still didn't get a review. You wouldn't have that problem in its own sub forum.

im in favour of it. The reviews will improve and I think there's a genuine respect amongst all players to read each other's reviews and comment on them when there's incredible detail going in to every one.

You can always move a thread to a hidden forum or just delete it. I think between own saves, wonderkid thread, best free transfers thread and whatever else there could be a decent spike.

If worst comes to worst you just relegate it back to one topic.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I think we've got a really good Football Manager thread here and I want to preserve that quality. We should strive for quality over quantity and I'd urge people to perhaps only open a thread if they know they're committed to the team they will be managing (i.e - play a few months first before posting to see if you like it). 

You know there's gonna be a ton of threads by Brian with loads of different saves cos he gets bored with a club so fast xD  

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I'd be more in favour of voting for this if we introduce some functionality whereby threads with say, only five replies get deleted when they're not used for a few months or at the very least get merged into one big ''General thread''. My biggest bug bear about Football Manager forums (and the reason why I haven't signed up for any) is because everywhere you go there are hundreds of threads with only two and three replies which makes the place look really untidy. 

I think we've got a really good Football Manager thread here and I want to preserve that quality. We should strive for quality over quantity and I'd urge people to perhaps only open a thread if they know they're committed to the team they will be managing (i.e - play a few months first before posting to see if you like it). 

Maybe just delete threads that haven't had an update in over a month. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

He's literally the only poster that does that.

Yeah I know. I'll read his new save on the FM thread and then he'll post again a day later and it's a totally different save xD 

After reading this, I'd suggest changing that thread I started to just "LaSambaDeStGermain" to not start so many threads. All my saves will go there.

Will be a hilarious read, but fuck it. "I started with Everton and signed Chiesa and Pineda, I will make them the best team in history" next day "I started with Nepali side Friends Club, I will make them the best team in the history of everything"

• Administrator

why do you start with so many clubs and last less than a day at most? Surely that must get boring switching so regularly? Why do you not get stuck in to one save?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

why do you start with so many clubs and last less than a day at most? Surely that must get boring switching so regularly? Why do you not get stuck in to one save?

I can never decide what I have time for and what I don't.

I've had successful saves but usually the challenge is finding the save

Archived