• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fabinho Linked With PSG

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

You don't believe that, do you? my son is a Liverpool supporter and when I told him that he politely said: "BOLLOCKS pops". :D

No I don't believe it mate.

Saying that though, all I'm basing my opinion on is Fabinho himself saying that he's happy as Larry playing with his compatriots Allison & Firmino. 

Maybe the extremely unreliable rag you have linked is correct though xD

• 4 weeks later...

This reminds me of Robertson's situation from last season. Wasn't getting any game time and so the rumours started of him leaving in January. And then he was adapted into the side and the rest is history. 

I see the same happening with the Brazilian. Pointless rumour. 

The other speculation that was made for this rumour was that the club needed funds for Pulisic, so Fabinho was seen as a sellable asset. 

I believe the owners will absolutely go for Pulisic when he becomes available, simply because for them he is the perfect commercial entity to market the club in their home state. After the way they paid for Van Dijk, Alisson and Keita, I wont be surprised to see them open the cheque books for a player that they(and Klopp) have always wanted. 

On 27/11/2018 at 10:01, IgnisExcubitor said:

This reminds me of Robertson's situation from last season. Wasn't getting any game time and so the rumours started of him leaving in January. And then he was adapted into the side and the rest is history. 

I see the same happening with the Brazilian. Pointless rumour. 

The other speculation that was made for this rumour was that the club needed funds for Pulisic, so Fabinho was seen as a sellable asset. 

I believe the owners will absolutely go for Pulisic when he becomes available, simply because for them he is the perfect commercial entity to market the club in their home state. After the way they paid for Van Dijk, Alisson and Keita, I wont be surprised to see them open the cheque books for a player that they(and Klopp) have always wanted. 

Robertson was MOTM in his first match imo - he had a hard time breaking into the side because Moreno was having a miracle patch of form.

I think the Ox might be a more apt comparison, who was poor for us up until January.

I’m not sure every player is really going to fit into that mold - not every Klopp signing is a slow starter.

And looking how both of the defensive midfielders from that Monaco have both fared in England so far... I’m just not convinced we’ll see him turn it around but I hope we will.

Also he was very heavily rated by @José - which isn’t a great sign either

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Anyone who thinks FSG will hand over £70m-£80m for an American (Pulisic) purely for commercial reasons are way off the mark here. 

Honestly, it's like some of our own fans can't see through their own eyes or just don't listen?  

Reckon this was directed at me. I don't understand why wouldn't they? 

In recent windows they have not been afraid to spend big on players. In some cases they have even overpaid (As amazing as Van Dijk and Alisson are, we overpaid). 

So, why would they back out of paying for a player that they have wanted for a long, long time? FSG have desperately wanted an American player, since he helps them to project the team (not that it's needed) in the states. Pulisic is young, hugely talented, rated by Klopp and most importantly American. When he becomes available, I can totally see FSG all out for him. 

12 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Anyone who thinks FSG will hand over £70m-£80m for an American (Pulisic) purely for commercial reasons are way off the mark here. 

Honestly, it's like some of our own fans can't see through their own eyes or just don't listen?  

It's not like we're looking to sign Larry the cable guy is it? It's not just because he's American that we can see us going for him. It's because he's hugely talents and Klopp clearly rates him highly.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

It's not like we're looking to sign Larry the cable guy is it? It's not just because he's American that we can see us going for him. It's because he's hugely talents and Klopp clearly rates him highly.

That's basically what I was saying mate! If we are after him it will be because he's a good player, not because he will be FSG's commercial puppet. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's basically what I was saying mate! If we are after him it will be because he's a good player, not because he will be FSG's commercial puppet. 

They did try pressuring Rodgers into selling Henderson to sign Dempsey, so they do want an American at the club.

• The topic was locked

Archived