talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge potential for Roma's season to be over with a week. A horrendous performance midweek (with a hard deficit to overcome) and a tough fixture against Lyon upcoming.

The title race has been over for a while and this is merely the last straw to end it. At least for them, Strootman's last minute goal still gives them the head-to-head advantage over Napoli. 

• Administrator

Udinese go ahead agains Juventus. Zapata is just too strong for Chiellini and Bonucci. Think Buffon should be doing better though.

Torino also losing at home against 3rd bottom Palermo.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

Torino was losing to Palermo until Belotti decided to strike against his old team and he ripped them apart :D what a beast. I can easily say that he's up to Higuain and Icardi's level right now.

yep, 8 minute hat-trick and he's been banging them in all season for fun.

Won't be long before English teams or someone like Napoli or either Milan club come knocking.

I think I said it a while ago back on TFF but Belotti is the kind of player I'd like to see us take a chance on. There's a lack of established top class strikers out there, so we have to look a level below at those who could take that step up, and he's matching the top strikers in Italy so he's worth a shot.

Though I said the same with Ciro Immobile who tore Serie A apart a few seasons ago at the same club and his move out of Italy didn't go well.

4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I think I said it a while ago back on TFF but Belotti is the kind of player I'd like to see us take a chance on. There's a lack of established top class strikers out there, so we have to look a level below at those who could take that step up, and he's matching the top strikers in Italy so he's worth a shot.

Though I said the same with Ciro Immobile who tore Serie A apart a few seasons ago at the same club and his move out of Italy didn't go well.

Good luck the rumours are swirling up for a Chelsea transfer. I dunno if that is because of the Italian Connection but I wouldn't be surprised if Diego Cunsta is hocked.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

He's only recently signed a new long term contract with Torino. It would probably take Higuain-level money to buy him this summer.

plenty of clubs willing to pay that though!

The Gareth Bale transfer is really what transcended everything into these levels of $£$£ insanity. Ronaldo's and Kaka's transfers were crazy but at least they were Balon d'Or players and the craziness seemed to be a one off for several years. Belotti will easily go for  £40,000,000+.

1 hour ago, Dalmore said:

Why do referees give out penalties out from nowhere these days?

If he gave it and not the assistant like is claimed then it's an absolute joke. There is literally no way he can see it clearly from his position. Even if the assistant right by it gave it, it's an incredibly harsh decision, his hand was close to his body and he was very close when it was kicked. 

13 hours ago, Dalmore said:

Why do referees give out penalties out from nowhere these days?

Probably corruption. The Italian association probably thinks that having Juventus win Serie A is best for business.

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

Probably corruption. The Italian association probably thinks that having Juventus win Serie A is best for business.

Is not only Juve that benefits from these decisions, many clubs do. Coincidentally Milan did in the first league game against them this season, where the ref invalidated Pjanic's fair goal after having validated it when Milan's players protested, that probably costed Juve 3 points, so Milan ended up benefiting the most between the two this season regarding ref's decisions.

• The title was changed to Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived