talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat

• Administrator

Inter 5-0 now against Atalanta. Not even 35 mins gone. Dizzy heights of 6th for Atalanta finally getting to them. 

Napoli have scored against Crotone aswell.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one question.

Why the fucking hell didn't Pioli bring Gabriel Barbosa in?

This is outrageous and it stinks. Our manager puts in Palacio (who is a finished) and leaves Gabrigol (promising talent) on the bench again. What the hell??

• Administrator

looks like I missed a good game between Torino and Inter and perhaps BT Sport chose the wrong Milan game to show!

Big chance for Lazio (and to a lesser extent Napoli) to get away from both Milan clubs in the table today. Lazio winning away at Cagliari would create a clear gap over Inter; Napoli away at Empoli in the early kick off will put them 8 ahead if they win. More importantly would put pressure on Roma for their game this evening. Atalanta at home to Pescara is surely a home banker and will put them level with Inter should they win. 

• Administrator

didn't see the Empoli/Napoli game but saw the latter were 3-0 up but it finished 3-2! 

Lazio missed the chance to catch up on Roma before their game as they only drew 0-0 at Cagliari. 

Juve won 1-0 at Sampdoria to maintain the 10 point gap. 

On 3/12/2017 at 11:47 AM, Dalmore said:

I have one question.

Why the fucking hell didn't Pioli bring Gabriel Barbosa in?

This is outrageous and it stinks. Our manager puts in Palacio (who is a finished) and leaves Gabrigol (promising talent) on the bench again. What the hell??

Gabi has probably pissed off someone big backstage. Does he have attitude/partying issues?

I'm part of a Serie A podcast. This is what we put as our best 11 so far

Donnarumma; Caldara, Bonucci, Fazio; F. Anderson, Hamsik, Nainggolan, Alex Sandro; Dybala; Belotti, Icardi

Just now, ScoRoss said:

No Mertens?

I'm a Napoli fan and in discussion I was the telling the hosts to keep Mertens off. Mertens on form is possibly the best player in the league, but he's far too inconsistent. On his day he will more than likely score 2+ goals. However he doesn't always have "his day" and that's why I said to keep him off. When he's not in form he doesn't beat many players and misses easy chances. 

I feel everyone justifies their place. It would have been nice to have Koulibaly but he's not been as good since the break.

Franck Kessie is linked to Napoli. He's a real upcoming talent, but I really don't want him here. Our midfield is our strongest position and we'd have to drop one of our other upcoming midfielders in order for him to work and develop more. I'm not sure how far Diawara will go. He's a quality player but he's still too young to judge on potential I'd say. Zielinski will be world class in a few years I'd say. Great box to box midfielder. He adds so much energy to the team and does well with both his defensive and offensive duties. I don't believe Hamsik needs an introduction, although I'll say as much as for me he's the best player in the league. Allan is also superb. Jorginho is ok.

I'd like to reinforce the backline. Koulibaly and Tonelli aside, everyone else is awful. Ghoulam has lost his level massively and Hysaj is a player with spirit and work ethic but a low level. This also includes Pepe Reina who is far too inconsistent these days. Albiol and Chiriches also aren't great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

huge game at the top of Serie A tonight.

Napoli vs Juve. 7.45pm kick-off.

The title is pretty much Juve's but a Napoli win could slightly open the door for Roma to put pressure on the leaders. I fancy Juve to win by 1. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Don't blame them for giving him shit, although in the same breath you can understand someone as good as him wanting to move to Juventus and getting titles. It's one of them awkward situations I guess that nobody really wants to be in.

I don't really miss Higuain to be honest. He's not a world class striker. A world class goalscorer? Yes. For sure. All around though I prefer others over him. 

He's a traitor, no doubt about it. Juventus are Napoli's main domestic rivals.

• The title was changed to Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived