talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat

• Administrator

apparently blue whistles have been handed out to Napoli fans to berate Higuain whenever he touches the ball. Just as bad as those fucking clappers some teams have :ph34r: 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

KHEDIRA!!!
Carves open the Napoli defence with a run from midfield, one-two with Pjanic and finishes past Napoli's 2nd keeper. Great start. 

Napoli's defence is just garbage.  Everyone thought Sarri had sorted it after Benítez had problems in that area, but even though the first half of last season was generally decent, it came back to haunt them in the second part.  This season Napoli have been great in all areas except defence which is why they're out of the Champions League.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Napoli's defence is just garbage.  Everyone thought Sarri had sorted it after Benítez had problems in that area, but even though the first half of last season was generally decent, it came back to haunt them in the second part.  This season Napoli have been great in all areas except defence which is why they're out of the Champions League.

Arsenal want Ghoulam. Please take him, he's garbage.

Rafa Benitez had problems in all area's by the way. Shambles of a manager.

2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Arsenal want Ghoulam. Please take him, he's garbage.

Rafa Benitez had problems in all area's by the way. Shambles of a manager.

I actually rate Ghoulam...  Napoli's best defender by a long margin.  Even so he has major concentration lapses defensively, but that isn't anything unusual under Sarri...  It's becoming obvious that this is a coaching issue where their defence in in question.

As for your thoughts on Rafa Benítez...  Well you can tell Valencia and Liverpool fans that and discuss it with them because I have nothing to say about it as I don't even like the guy.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I actually rate Ghoulam...  Napoli's best defender by a long margin.  Even so he has major concentration lapses defensively, but that isn't anything unusual under Sarri...  It's becoming obvious that this is a coaching issue where their defence in in question.

As for your thoughts on Rafa Benítez...  Well you can tell Valencia and Liverpool fans that and discuss it with them because I have nothing to say about it as I don't even like the guy.

I rated Ghoulam too, but not this season. Completely awful now.

I don't need to discuss it either with them. Most of Rafa's success came more than 10 years ago. Wenger and Capello also had their glory days, doesn't mean they are good managers anymore either.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I don't need to discuss it either with them. Most of Rafa's success came more than 10 years ago. Wenger and Capello also had their glory days, doesn't mean they are good managers anymore either.

Mate...  What's the point in belonging to a football discussion forum if you're not willing to debate things?

What you're saying (it seems), is that you know it all, you'll make your affirmations and not even leave the door ajar for a possible mind change.  I'm not even talking about this point in particular because you done the same with your Koulibaly statements.

Anyway...  That's all upto you if you want to be like that.

Yeah...  Benítez was more of a winner 10 years ago or so.  By the way...  Capello doesn't coach anymore and as far as I know he's maintained he doesn't want to.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Mate...  What's the point in belonging to a football discussion forum if you're not willing to debate things?

What you're saying (it seems), is that you know it all, you'll make your affirmations and not even leave the door ajar for a possible mind change.  I'm not even talking about this point in particular because you done the same with your Koulibaly statements.

Anyway...  That's all upto you if you want to be like that.

Yeah...  Benítez was more of a winner 10 years ago or so.  By the way...  Capello doesn't coach anymore and as far as I know he's maintained he doesn't want to.

xD

You're jumping to conclusions, I've had enough debates about Rafa that I've realized that Valencia, Liverpool and now Newcastle fans will never be convinced otherwise. I'll let them realize themselves that he's not a very good manager.

Its not that I "know it all" but considering I watch my club on a regular basis and have seen Rafa manage my club for 2 years, shock horror that I have an above average knowledge of it.

My point on Capello is that he was a shit manager near the end of his career.

15 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I don't really miss Higuain to be honest. He's not a world class striker.

What? O.o

What Higuaín did was wrong in my eyes (although I get it) and even Maradona gives him constant stick.  But that statement is absolutely mental.

15 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What? O.o

What Higuaín did was wrong in my eyes (although I get it) and even Maradona gives him constant stick.  But that statement is absolutely mental.

Maradona's opinion isn't worth toilet paper.

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

Maradona's opinion isn't worth toilet paper.

A large percentage of the time I would agree with you but where it comes down to Napoli, there lies a different thing altogether.  Now, whether or not in today's times he would've done the same thing we'll never know.  Much more money and much more protagonism...  Footballers live a whole different lifestyle to those of his era.

On 2/4/2017 at 1:37 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I don't really miss Higuain to be honest. He's not a world class striker. A world class goalscorer? Yes. For sure. All around though I prefer others over him. 

He's a traitor, no doubt about it. Juventus are Napoli's main domestic rivals.

Take that back you twatic, myopic mong.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:49 AM, SirBalon said:

What? O.o

Nah, I'm not having that. He's a world class goalscorer, for sure. Inside the box he can finish it from anywhere and in any manner and he usually will. However, if you compare him throught the match as compared to Aguero, Sergio Aguero's finishing isn't quite as good as Higuains but he'll beat most players on the pitch and that's something I don't see Higuain do very much. He's a goalscorer, not an "overall" striker if you get my point. 

31 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Nah, I'm not having that. He's a world class goalscorer, for sure. Inside the box he can finish it from anywhere and in any manner and he usually will. However, if you compare him throught the match as compared to Aguero, Sergio Aguero's finishing isn't quite as good as Higuains but he'll beat most players on the pitch and that's something I don't see Higuain do very much. He's a goalscorer, not an "overall" striker if you get my point. 

I have no idea what you're talking about.  You're saying he's a world class goal scorer and he happens to be a striker, the position a club employs a footballer to score goals.

So he's a world class goalscorer?

Then he's a world class striker.  Nothing to debate really.

15 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

This coming from the guy who said Ospina was the best keeper in the world.. 9_9

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  You're saying he's a world class goal scorer and he happens to be a striker, the position a club employs a footballer to score goals.

So he's a world class goalscorer?

Then he's a world class striker.  Nothing to debate really.

I don't view it that way mate.

For me a position is where the player stands on the pitch. The players ROLE is what they do.

For example, Higuain and Mario Mandzukic. Both are strikers, but are completely different players tactically. Higuain scores goals, but he doesn't exactly have the capabilities that the likes of Aguero or Suarez has. 

13 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Higuain scores goals, but he doesn't exactly have the capabilities that the likes of Aguero or Suarez has.

They're all different mate!

What are you suggesting...  That all players in their particular positions should have the same qualities so as we can measure them against each other easier?

Each particular player requires a coach to search for those around him to draw out the best in them.  It's one of the hardest things for a coach to do...  Take for example Arsenal's issues with Olivier Giroud and the way the Arsenal team has been traditionally built in midfield under Arsene Wenger.  It doesn't fit which means Giroud is an odd cog that sort of works in a piece of machinery.

Agüero is more your Dybala type front line player with technical ability to get himself into goalscoring opportunities.  Obviously the older Sergio Agüero gets, the more he centres himself around the finishing side of things in his position, but he's not always been like that. Look at Cristiano Ronaldo who was for the most part in his career a wider playing attacker who would cut in but has now transformed himself into practically a pure 9 as he loses the physical athletisism he needs for the way he outdoes his opponents.

Gonzalo Higuaín is a pure 9 like Giroud, Kane, Suárez, Lewandowski, Diego Costa etc... etc...

He's not in the mould of an Agüero, Dybala, Messi, Neymar, Griezmann, Alexis, Bale etc... etc...

• The title was changed to Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived