talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Gabriel Batistuta on TyC Sports: "I like Higuaín, but he doesn't do it for the national team like he does in Europe. Why not give Icardi a chance?"

What does @Berserker think about this comment? O.o

probably going round Icardi's house now and snapping his legs so he doesn't get a chance. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Gabriel Batistuta on TyC Sports: "I like Higuaín, but he doesn't do it for the national team like he does in Europe. Why not give Icardi a chance?"

What does @Berserker think about this comment? O.o

2 hours ago, Romesh said:

probably going round Icardi's house now and snapping his legs so he doesn't get a chance. 

You caught me! Damn, gotta make  another plan.. :(

TBH when you have a record of one goal every 2 matches in over 50 for a NT like ours i don't think anything can be said. Problem of our NT are the association, the managers and ultimately our midfield. Certainly not Higuain or Messi. And i don't think Icardi would do better than Higuain at all, not in a million years. Given that Icardi relies more on his team-mates than Higuain, and again our midfield is shit.

On 4/6/2017 at 5:59 AM, Berserker said:

You caught me! Damn, gotta make  another plan.. :(

TBH when you have a record of one goal every 2 matches in over 50 for a NT like ours i don't think anything can be said. Problem of our NT are the association, the managers and ultimately our midfield. Certainly not Higuain or Messi. And i don't think Icardi would do better than Higuain at all, not in a million years. Given that Icardi relies more on his team-mates than Higuain, and again our midfield is shit.

But you know better than anyone that Pipita can't rely on his past scoring to justify his inclusion in the NT. As of now, it's far too risky to rely on Icardi to save the national team. Although I have read that part of the reason Icardi isn't included is due to Mascherano and Messi's camaraderie with Maxi Lopez. If that is the case he is just too much drama if the other two are involved. Icardi may have an unsavoury character but at some point in time he has to be given a chance to prove his ability to the NT.

Argentina's current generation have done nothing but lost. Perhaps it's time for them to move onto the next generation as they can't seem to work themselves into winners. Icardi, Dybala, Correa, Lamela, etc. There is a decent core of attacking talent that could work for Argentina.

• Administrator

Khouma Babacar just scored the kind of goals I do xD. Potshot, one in 10 chance of going in but he's scored it at a vital time for Fiorentina. 

16 hours ago, Spike said:

But you know better than anyone that Pipita can't rely on his past scoring to justify his inclusion in the NT. As of now, it's far too risky to rely on Icardi to save the national team. Although I have read that part of the reason Icardi isn't included is due to Mascherano and Messi's camaraderie with Maxi Lopez. If that is the case he is just too much drama if the other two are involved. Icardi may have an unsavoury character but at some point in time he has to be given a chance to prove his ability to the NT.

Argentina's current generation have done nothing but lost. Perhaps it's time for them to move onto the next generation as they can't seem to work themselves into winners. Icardi, Dybala, Correa, Lamela, etc. There is a decent core of attacking talent that could work for Argentina.

He's the best striker we got and has a good record, to me he doesn't have to justify anything. I wouldn't call Icardi till about 3 or 4 years from now, unless Higuain had a severe injury.

That's a very simple-minded and vague conclusion. To me is not either win or lose, it's how you do it. Because let's be fair, had Neuer's penalty on Higuain been sanctioned we would have probably won and perhaps we would have consequently won the Copa America with the boost from that so i wouldn't judge them based on that. Only players i'd like for us to let go are Aguero, Di Maria, Romero and Biglia.

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

He's the best striker we got and has a good record, to me he doesn't have to justify anything. I wouldn't call Icardi till about 3 or 4 years from now, unless Higuain had a severe injury.

That's a very simple-minded and vague conclusion. To me is not either win or lose, it's how you do it. Because let's be fair, had Neuer's penalty on Higuain been sanctioned we would have probably won and perhaps we would have consequently won the Copa America with the boost from that so i wouldn't judge them based on that. Only players i'd like for us to let go are Aguero, Di Maria, Romero and Biglia.

Aguero and Di Maria have great records also. Why do they have to go whilst Higuian stays? The un-awarded penalty is irrelevant, if we start on one what-if, we follow through with hundreds. What if Argentina had a competent manager in 2010? Just thinking about what Maradona did to that team makes me angry and I'm not even an Argie!

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Aguero and Di Maria have great records also. Why do they have to go whilst Higuian stays? The un-awarded penalty is irrelevant, if we start on one what-if, we follow through with hundreds. What if Argentina had a competent manager in 2010? Just thinking about what Maradona did to that team makes me angry and I'm not even an Argie!

Aguero only played well in the qualifiers for the last WC for the NT and hasn't had a good match since then. What great records does Di Maria has? He hasn't played a good match since he injured himself on the WC neither. Higuain is the best striker we got, simple as that. It's not irrelevant at all, you said "Argentina's current generation have done nothing but lost"  but is not like we got battered, they were all close matches and we would have probably won the WC if the referee wasn't a corrupt and useless bastard. Maradona is an useless clown and i didn't want him anywhere near the team as a manager.

11 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Aguero only played well in the qualifiers for the last WC for the NT and hasn't had a good match since then. What great records does Di Maria has? He hasn't played a good match since he injured himself on the WC neither. Higuain is the best striker we got, simple as that. It's not irrelevant at all, you said "Argentina's current generation have done nothing but lost"  but is not like we got battered, they were all close matches and we would have probably won the WC if the referee wasn't a corrupt and useless bastard. Maradona is an useless clown and i didn't want him anywhere near the team as a manager.

It doesn't matter how close Argentina got the fact remains they lost. A nation with quality that Argentina has doesn't deserve a pat on the back for coming second. You cannot blame that penalty incident soley, Argentina had 120minutes to score a goal and didn't.

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

It doesn't matter how close Argentina got the fact remains they lost. A nation with quality that Argentina has doesn't deserve a pat on the back for coming second. You cannot blame that penalty incident soley, Argentina had 120minutes to score a goal and didn't.

It's not about how close we got, fact is we weren't awarded a fair penalty, and chances are with it we would have won. Like i said it's not solely about winning or losing, how you do it matters, at least to me. No pat in the back, but say for example, it's not the same winning a championship by bribing the refs in every match than winning it by winning every match fair and square, is it?

6 minutes ago, Berserker said:

It's not about how close we got, fact is we weren't awarded a fair penalty, and chances are with it we would have won. Like i said it's not solely about winning or losing, how you do it matters, at least to me. No pat in the back, but say for example, it's not the same winning a championship by bribing the refs in every match than winning it by winning every match fair and square, is it?

Higuian's 1v1 miss and his half a metre offside goal were fare more decisive than that penalty. I'm also not inclined to believe in complete corruption without evidence, I don't doubt it's a very real possibility however.

I don't even remember the penalty incident tbqh

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Higuian's 1v1 miss and his half a metre offside goal were fare more decisive than that penalty. I'm also not inclined to believe in complete corruption without evidence, I don't doubt it's a very real possibility however.

I don't even remember the penalty incident tbqh

Even with that miss, and Messi's and Palacio's we would have probably won with the penalty. We'll never know, but a "top" referee cannot make those kind of mistakes.

Neuer almost beheaded Higuain.

• Administrator

shocked with Inter's result. Didn't see the match but to lose against Crotone at this stage of the season is poor from them. Gives Crotone some hope of getting survival though. 

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

shocked with Inter's result. Didn't see the match but to lose against Crotone at this stage of the season is poor from them. Gives Crotone some hope of getting survival though. 

Absolutely embarrassing. Crotone definitely have hope after Empoli were only able to get 1 point at home against Pescara.

• The title was changed to Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
Just now, ATL said:

Ah, frack, that's right. haha nevermind. 

to be honest, when I was looking at the fixtures this weekend a few days ago, it took me a while to realise why all fixtures were played yesrterday xD Then realised cos it was Easter & they don't play on Easter Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

to be honest, when I was looking at the fixtures this weekend a few days ago, it took me a while to realise why all fixtures were played yesrterday xD Then realised cos it was Easter & they don't play on Easter Sunday. 

You know, I was thinking about that myself. Was surprised they were playing today. But turns out.....they weren't. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived