• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona & Liverpool €100 Million Premium

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Shows you how desperate they were to sign Coutinho as well if they went and signed a contract with this clause in it. We should charge them 500 mil for the next player we send them I mean everyone seems to think the club can pay exorbitant prices so selling at a high price seems more reasonable too.

On 21/11/2018 at 12:07, LFCMike said:

This is all a bit silly isn't it? All it means is the bidding starts at €100m. If they're willing to pay €200m for one of our players and we're willing to accept that, they'll just pay a €100m 'fee' and then the premium. It's not some cloak and dagger shit where we'll get the €200m fee plus an extra €100m off them against their will.

15 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

This is all a bit silly isn't it? All it means is the bidding starts at €100m. If they're willing to pay €200m for one of our players and we're willing to accept that, they'll just pay a €100m 'fee' and then the premium. It's not some cloak and dagger shit where we'll get the €200m fee plus an extra €100m off them against their will.

No course not but it's still good. Barcelona aren't gonna be looking to spend 200m willy nilly, so it's something less to think about for a couple of years I suppose.

19 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

This post makes absolutely no sense. 

4 hours ago, Rick said:

No course not but it's still good. Barcelona aren't gonna be looking to spend 200m willy nilly, so it's something less to think about for a couple of years I suppose.

I don't see a benefit at all. Any of our players they'd be interested in would be in the €100m+ category anyway, so this isn't going to stop them if they are looking to spend. 

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This post makes absolutely no sense. 

Read it again when you're sober mate x

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I don't see a benefit at all. Any of our players they'd be interested in would be in the €100m+ category anyway, so this isn't going to stop them if they are looking to spend. 

Seriously, you make no sense mate. 

On 24/11/2018 at 17:48, Burning Gold said:

Let me give you an example....

If for example Barca wanted to sign Moreno for £10m ...  it would cost them £110m!

If they wanted to buy Firmino for £100m..  it would cost them £200m

And you tell me to read it when I'm sober :shoot:xD

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Let me give you an example....

If for example Barca wanted to sign Moreno for £10m ...  it would cost them £110m!

If they wanted to buy Firmino for £100m..  it would cost them £200m

And you tell me to read it when I'm sober :shoot:xD

Yeah but what he is saying is - I'm sure Liverpool would agree to sell Firmino for £150 million say. You're not then getting 100 mill on top.

What would happen is the 'fee' would be agreed between the clubs at £50 million and then this 100 mill would be added to it.

For these premium players he's saying they are all over 100 million anyway, so some deal would be reached between the two clubs at over that

17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Credit where credit is due, smart negotiating. Not worth it's own thread though.

:ph34r:

I posted this in the Liverpool thread. Don't know how it ended up with its own thread :ph34r:

On 30/11/2018 at 14:05, SirBalon said:

As things stand there’s nothing Liverpool have that Barcelona need but all the same I think that the clause is a good protection defence against one of Europe’s elite clubs. 

Protection against what? It doesn't stop Barcelona buying (for example) Firmino for 150m if we agree to it; it stops them buying (for example) Moreno for 10m, 20m, 50m, or any other sum under 100m. I'm not saying they'd want Moreno or anyone like that, but that's the only thing this agreement prevents. It's such a blatant PR stunt and not a particularly good one.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Protection against what? It doesn't stop Barcelona buying (for example) Firmino for 150m if we agree to it; it stops them buying (for example) Moreno for 10m, 20m, 50m, or any other sum under 100m. I'm not saying they'd want Moreno or anyone like that, but that's the only thing this agreement prevents. It's such a blatant PR stunt and not a particularly good one.

Neither Barcelona or anyone would pay £150m for Firmino. Maybe Salah if they needed him and if he was suitable for them which he isn’t.

I get what you mean on premium priced players that are now worth more than £100m but (without debating what they’re worth to Liverpool) Liverpool don’t have many of those in my view which anything resembling a squad player Barça wouldn’t shop at Liverpool now.

Take for example PSG’s Adrien Rabiot who Barça have been looking to sign for quite some time and tried their hardest to negotiate with the Parisian club to no avail because they didn’t want to sell (fair enough) and aside from the fact PSG seem to have shot themselves in the foot because he’s in the last year of his contract and hasn’t succumbed to any offers the French club have put on the table...

Hypothetically speaking for the sake of this debate, would Barça pay £60m (which was apparently the money they would’ve sold Rabiot to anyone else other than Barcelona, plus the £100m clause premium Liverpool have imposed with mutual consent from Barça, would Barcelona pay £160m?

No! is the answer because he simply isn’t worth that at all even in the present over inflated football transfer market.

It protects those types of Liverpool players of which the Merseyside club have none where appeal is concerned for Barcelona. 

Archived