• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Reportedly Planning Base in London

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

So its a hotel with a football pitch? I wonder what prompted them to come up with the idea because its not that terrible for the rest of the league to do the travelling they are trying to avoid.

how would you know?

Sometimes travelling on the day can be a nightmare for teams having to rely on traffic-less roads. And there's so much fuss made over teams travelling by plane so this could be their alternative? They can travel in good time a day or two before if logistics allow, and then get to a game in the best condition, too.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

how would you know?

Sometimes travelling on the day can be a nightmare for teams having to rely on traffic-less roads. And there's so much fuss made over teams travelling by plane so this could be their alternative? They can travel in good time a day or two before if logistics allow, and then get to a game in the best condition, too.

Maybe but it just highlights how artificially inflated their coffers are if they can afford this.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

So it makes travel and preparation for away games down south easier... 

Not sure how true or legit it is but maybe @Happy Blue can enlighten us. Usually on the ball with anything City-related... 

We already have a 7,201 square foot office in London @ 10 Brock Street, Regent Place near Great Portland Street on the 14th floor (all the floor is ours)  and it's been our plan since 2014 to have a base for the players too for away games so the team can go down a few days before

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Stan said:

how would you know?

I think Smiley covered it quite well but having said that I think it would probably be a better idea, who knows in the future, to provide stays for teams at the actual stadiums themselves or an attachment to the stadium? If distance is such a big hassle id imagine this being far more convenient but then again having one up on your opponent for a X min travel advantage might also be what clubs see from a psychological/physiological standpoint.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I think Smiley covered it quite well but having said that I think it would probably be a better idea, who knows in the future, to provide stays for teams at the actual stadiums themselves or an attachment to the stadium? If distance is such a big hassle id imagine this being far more convenient but then again having one up on your opponent for a X min travel advantage might also be what clubs see from a psychological/physiological standpoint.

I think it’s more for post-European games that this would come in handy due to the fact that the Premier League is very “Southern heavy” in opponents for City. 

For example, a flight back from Western Europe (and possibly Eastern Europe) is shorter into London than Manchester and 45 minutes each way doesn’t sound a huge difference but I imagine there are effects from flying as regularly as City do/expect to do so. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

I think it’s more for post-European games that this would come in handy due to the fact that the Premier League is very “Southern heavy” in opponents for City. 

For example, a flight back from Western Europe (and possibly Eastern Europe) is shorter into London than Manchester and 45 minutes each way doesn’t sound a huge difference but I imagine there are effects from flying as regularly as City do/expect to do so. 

I apologize then I thought this was more for domestic competitions rather than European travel and that is why I was wondering why it was a thing they were trying to do. Makes a lot more sense now. 

Archived