• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gianluca Vialli Passes Away Aged 58

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 years later...
  • The title was changed to Gianluca Vialli Passes Away Aged 58

Very sad, 58 is no age to go. R.I.P Vialli.

Great striker. I remember first watching him when Channel 4 picked up Football Italia. Him and Ravanelli up front together for Juventus, class.

It was a privalige to see him come over to the Premier League, even if it was more towards the end of his career.

His book with Gabriele Marcotti is one of my favourite reads. A must have for the Football Italia generation of the 90s.

Him in the Autoglass sponsored Chelsea top is still my first impression of Chelsea and how I most associate them.

OIF.p7xqWKmxJwfmo3jGg6ynSg?pid=ImgDet&dp

Very sad news.

I hated him as a kid because most of the school supported Chelsea and he made them be competitive and win trophies. Which is a compliment to how good he was as a player and a manager. 

From what everybody has said about him he sounded like a really good human that will be especially missed. 58 is no age to go.

This is very sad news, and he was only 58. Vialli was an excellent striker, most remembered for his time at Sampdoria, Juventus and of course Chelsea. He formed a formidable strike partnership with Roberto Mancini while he was at Sampdoria and then of course he went on to gain further success at Juventus, where among other trophies, he won the Champions League with them. Towards the end of his career, he joined Chelsea, winning the UEFA Cup Winners Cup, FA Cup and the League Cup. 

Vialli also of course played in both the 1986 and 1990 World Cups for Italy, as well as the 1988 European Championships. He was a true footballing icon and much loved in Italy and in England as well. I also always enjoyed watching him when he became a pundit and I remember his joy at Italy winning the Euros in 2021.

It's very sad that he has left us and passed away at only 58. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. 

RIP Gianluca Vialli

Gutted when I heard about this earlier today, what really sad news... such a great man, he will be sadly missed by all.. RIP

Loved him when he played for us.. I will always fondly remember him for 'Tromso in the Snow' 

7fb948cf80db5bb47e159b548740f0f6.jpg

Gianluca Vialli: Former Chelsea, Juventus, Sampdoria and Italy striker ...

Such a great period for us as a club.. 

Archived