talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

@Cannabis @RandoEFC

Everton manager Marco Silva says he would eventually like to sign Andre Gomes on a permanent deal.

The 25-year-old midfielder joined Everton on a season-long loan from Barcelona in the summer after failing to establish himself at the Bernabeu.

Gomes has made just five starts for Everton but impressed in the 1-0 win over Cardiff at the weekend and now Silva is hoping to tie him to a long-term contract.

"I think in the right moment we have to do something to achieve one player like Andre," Silva said.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tottenham are hoping to secure a permanent deal for Everton's on-loan midfielder Andre Gomes who is delaying on a transfer to Merseyside, according to Sky Sources.

Andre Gomes says he is enjoying his football again at Everton having joined on loan from Barcelona.

According to The Sun, Tottenham are hoping to secure a permanent deal for the on-loan midfielder, who is delaying on a permanent transfer to Merseyside.

Everton boss Marco Silva has said he is unfazed by Tottenham's reported interest in on-loan midfielder Andre Gomes, who has impressed since joining the club from Barcelona in the summer.

The Toffees have made clear their desire to turn the deal into a permanent one next year, but reports have claimed Tottenham would like to take the player from under their noses.

Silva said: “When you have good players in your squad, that means other clubs are looking at them as well. That’s normal in football. At the right moment, we’ll have time to talk about the situation and let’s see what we can do to keep him or not.

“My job is to work with the players we have, to give them the conditions to grow as a player. Of course, we’ll see what we can do to improve in the market, but our focus is on the next game.”

@Storts @Cannabis @RandoEFC

• Subscriber

We’ve been linked with for ages, if we hadn’t wanted him we’d have got him. He’s doing well for Everton and clearly there’s no smoke without fire, but I’d still be shocked if we made a move. 

On 17/12/2018 at 17:08, Storts said:

We’ve been linked with for ages, if we hadn’t wanted him we’d have got him. He’s doing well for Everton and clearly there’s no smoke without fire, but I’d still be shocked if we made a move. 

He’d be a very good player for you, I imagine. He was by far and away their best player against us in the derby imo.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to André Gomes Set to Seal Everton Deal
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to André Gomes Signs For Everton
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hardly the worst we've seen, let's be honest.

The Sanchez piano thing was a joke, on the other hand.

The worst thing about Sanchez was that it somehow just got more farcical from there.

• Subscriber

As far as cringeworthy reveal videos go, that's not even on the radar compared to what you see these days.

I'm thinking #PogBACK, the Sanchez one that's been mentioned, and dont forget Lukaku cuddling Pogba in the batcholerette style reveal by the Miami swimming pool with the sun setting in the background.

Basically, at least we're not United.

On the signing, it's great business. He will absolutely be even better this season than he was last with a proper pre-season and an extra year to adapt to the league. £22m for a player of his age and calibre on a five year contract in this market is great value.

Compare that to Steve Walsh signing Davy Klaassen for a similar price and Koeman signing Schneiderlin for £10m more than this in the pre-Neymar transfer market and you can see a club starting to learn from the mistakes of the early Moshiri era.

Archived