talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard Signs for Real Madrid

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

La Liga and Real don’t get as much exposure in the Anglosphere and Asia as English teams.

Real get exposure everywhere although I get what you mean. I think Real Madrid transcends languages and language culture.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Spike said:

La Liga and Real don’t get as much exposure in the Anglosphere and Asia as English teams.

The 2 Spanish giants are incredibly popular in Asia though. And La Liga has gotten really popular in China because of Wu Lei.

23 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The 2 Spanish giants are incredibly popular in Asia though. And La Liga has gotten really popular in China because of Wu Lei.

It is China though... if he weren’t a Hui he’d probably be on government backed lynching tree.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

It is China though... if he weren’t a Hui he’d probably be on government backed lynching tree.

Do you mean Han? Aren't Hui's like the Uyghurs (if not the same ethnicity in China)? Those are the ones that are being rounded up and put into camps.

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you mean Han? Aren't Hui's like the Uyghurs (if not the same ethnicity in China)? Those are the ones that are being rounded up and put into camps.

No, the muslim Hui are typically assimilated into the Chinese culture. I may be wrong but most prejudice is reserved for Uyghurs these days.

4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Why?, and why do you think that saves him from that?

China right now is cracking down on Islam, to the point of detention centres and 'reeducation'. The Hui ethinicity is strangely absolved from this treatment despite typically being muslim as well. China has had very opressive relationship with theistic religions since the great leap forward, yet the Hui people unlike most others have been largely allowed to retain their religion and culture. But saying that all, it could just be lies published by the Chinese goverment! :thumbdown:  I think it because they are related to the Han ethnic group and aren't Mongols or Turks, but I could be wrong.

Although that didn't stop them from piling the bodies high in the 30s.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

China right now is cracking down on Islam, to the point of detention centres and 'reeducation'. The Hui ethinicity is strangely absolved from this treatment despite typically being muslim as well. China has had very opressive relationship with theistic religions since the great leap forward, yet the Hui people unlike most others have been largely allowed to retain their religion and culture. But saying that all, it could just be lies published by the Chinese goverment! :thumbdown:  I think it because they are related to the Han ethnic group and aren't Mongols or Turks, but I could be wrong.

Although that didn't stop them from piling the bodies high in the 30s.

I've also heard that the Hui and Ughyur don't get along well as well.

5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah like it gave C.Ronaldo less exposure or Luka Modric. They only won 5 Ballon d'ors between them at Madrid. 

One of the definitions of "Insular" (lets forget the bit about tissues :ph34r:)

2 : characteristic of an isolated people especially : being, having, or reflecting a narrow provincial viewpoint. 3 : of or relating to an island of cells or tissue.

18 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah like it gave C.Ronaldo less exposure or Luka Modric. They only won 5 Ballon d'ors between them at Madrid. 

Putting aside the fact that exposure is only one aspect of a person's decision process, the above from blueprince is probably a statement that could be true depending on the sphere in which the intent is be as exposed as possible...

In Belgium there is probably a league which is more visible, so from that perspective moving from England to Spain may or may not be an increase in exposure.

From an English residents perspective hazard would be less visible and therefore less exposed to them. For an English player who seeks exposure and is most intent on seeking the exposure they care most about its probably true that a move from England to Spain will get them less exposure within the sphere they most crave it - their own backyard.

In Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina it's unquestionable that an England to Spain move gets more exposure.

A bigger reason to move is the aspiration of the clubs in question. Chelsea don't appear to be that intent on winning titles these days, at least not to the extent of being willing to invest heavily to achieve it. Madrid are a known entity in this regard and hence a pretty easy choice for someone who's desire is to win.

On 02/06/2019 at 07:46, The Rebel CRS said:

Its not about winning exposure is about your world wide audience and most talked about, le Liga has a very small audience outside Spain. 

1 hour ago, Blueprince said:

Its not about winning exposure is about your world wide audience and most talked about, le Liga has a very small audience outside Spain. 

Show me your statistics that La Liga has a "very small audience outside Spain"

La Liga has the monopoly on the whole of Latin America as a foreign league, a massive percentage in North America due to all the Latin Americans living there. In North Africa it's the most watched league and has been the fastest growing in Asia. The LFP have currently a contract with 170 countries and I can actually provide you with the financial statistics too.

But you know what... In my world nobody says anything anywhere near me without backing it up! This country (the UK) is actually in a pretty bad state because of sweeping statements and nobody being made to back those statements up.

So I'll ask you one more time to back-up with factual statistics the sentence;

"very small audience outside Spain"

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Blueprince said:

This is not correct at all mate.

I'd suggest the Premier league is more renowned in Asia but la liga is by a mile the more renowned league in central and South America.

Also don't forget Real Madrid are a reliable contender for the Champions league every year where Chelsea cannot ever be sure of qualifying.

10 hours ago, Blueprince said:

I don't know about you, but If I was a footballer I'd far rather win big trophies and big personal awards than have a bunch of fanboys from Timbuktu and Malaysia.

Moving to Real Madrid massively improves his chances of winning the Champions League and getting his hands on the Ballon d'or.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I don't know about you, but If I was a footballer I'd far rather win big trophies and big personal awards than have a bunch of fanboys from Timbuktu and Malaysia.

Moving to Real Madrid massively improves his chances of winning the Champions League and getting his hands on the Ballon d'or.

Moving to Real Madrid increases his odds of that... as well as getting a bunch of fanboys from Timbuktu and Malaysia. Those cringey sad bastards who can't appreciate the fact we're lucky to live in an era of both Messi and C. Ronaldo, we saw the rise of them while they were at those 2 Spanish giants.

While the prem is bigger world wide than La Liga, there's no doubt at all in the world that Real Madrid and Barcelona are the two biggest clubs for gloryhunters and sad fanboys around the world. All the big clubs have them, but I could probably fly into any big city in the world and find some twat in a Barca jersey in less than a day. 

And it's not like Hazard hasn't been particularly vocal about wanting to go to Real Madrid in the last few seasons. He wants out and his club can no longer keep up with him, yet he kept his head down and gave them a fantastic season despite the fact the club isn't at his level. I don't blame him for wanting to move on (although right now... Madrid aren't at his level either).

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Show me your statistics that La Liga has a "very small audience outside Spain"

La Liga has the monopoly on the whole of Latin America as a foreign league, a massive percentage in North America due to all the Latin Americans living there. In North Africa it's the most watched league and has been the fastest growing in Asia. The LFP have currently a contract with 170 countries and I can actually provide you with the financial statistics too.

But you know what... In my world nobody says anything anywhere near me without backing it up! This country (the UK) is actually in a pretty bad state because of sweeping statements and nobody being made to back those statements up.

So I'll ask you one more time to back-up with factual statistics the sentence;

"very small audience outside Spain"

=

There is a reason why it's called 'wogball' or 'that poofta sport' in Australia, because no one fucking watches it. It might be televised back home but that doesn't mean it has an audience. Shit, Australians barely watch their own sports.

• The title was changed to Eden Hazard Signs for Real Madrid

Archived