talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard Signs for Real Madrid

Yes we all know Real and Barcelona are the 2 biggest clubs and have a huge following but it still does not remotely compare to games played in the EPL, the EPL is massive beyond comprehension everywhere you go people are watching EPL games more by far than any other league. As far as Hazard is concerned Chelsea should take the 100m its a huge bargain for a 29 year old as brilliant as he may be. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports coming through that the Hazard deal has been done with Real Madrid along with Mendy from Lyon and this morning Jović from Eintracht... All at a bargain bucket price of €210m according to the Spanish news on TVE. 

23 hours ago, Spike said:

There is a reason why it's called 'wogball' or 'that poofta sport' in Australia, because no one fucking watches it. It might be televised back home but that doesn't mean it has an audience. Shit, Australians barely watch their own sports.

Because Australians are incorrigible racists with no culture whatsoever of their own? 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Because Australians are incorrigible racists with no culture whatsoever of their own? 

Yep, all 25,000,000 of us. Including those with heritage not derived from the same genetic stock as you. I remember once I was talking to a Chinese-Australian man and midway through the sentence he ran across the street to kick a Paki up the bum, because the moment you adhere to becoming an Australian national you must commit one hate crime a day.

You're just lucky I'm the same ethnicity as you, otherwise I'd have to board a plan and stick 'knoife' up your bum for looking different.

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

I wouldn't make the move. He's not past his prime but it's not like he's in time to go on and be a legend there. Is it the money? Hard to believe Chelsea couldn't match Madrid's wages.

It's Real Madrid, one of the greatest sporting institutions in the world. I don't think there's anything Chelsea have in favour over Real Madrid.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

I wouldn't make the move. He's not past his prime but it's not like he's in time to go on and be a legend there. Is it the money? Hard to believe Chelsea couldn't match Madrid's wages.

Zidane (his favorite player) and Real (his favorite club)

It's been a lure for him going on maybe 3 seasons now. Inspite what he says, the Champions League is something he really wants to win. He's hinted he'd stay here if we continued to compete for top prizes, but with the transfer ban now it's the perfect time for him to leave. 

All in all, if the board weren't so incompetent in the transfer market, I still think he'd be with us. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's Real Madrid, one of the greatest sporting institutions in the world. I don't think there's anything Chelsea have in favour over Real Madrid.

Spain is probably a nicer place to live tbf.

I know they're massive but I couldn't give a toss if it was me. Real Madrid's chances of winning the CL aren't great with their current squad (slightly improved with Hazard though). Their fans can be very toxic and are far from loyal, so I don't think Hazard will be appreciated there. It probably wasn't an option for him but I'd rather go most other top clubs.

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

I imagine Kovacic is part of the deal? 

Please no, he has his qualities but none that improve us. Our midfield should be Kante, Ruben and Jorginho if all fit. Mateo was a sub at Real why would he want to be a sub here too?

18 hours ago, Machado said:

Spain is probably a nicer place to live tbf.

I know they're massive but I couldn't give a toss if it was me. Real Madrid's chances of winning the CL aren't great with their current squad (slightly improved with Hazard though). Their fans can be very toxic and are far from loyal, so I don't think Hazard will be appreciated there. It probably wasn't an option for him but I'd rather go most other top clubs.

• Alfredo di Stéfano
  • Ferenc Puskás
  • Amancio
  • Uli Stielike
  • Juanito
  • Míchel
  • Emilio Butragueño
  • Fernando Hierro
  • Míchel Salgado
  • Fernando Redondo
  • Guti
  • Vicente del Bosque
  • Roberto Carlos
  • Raúl
  • Iker Casillas
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

All of these players departed from Real Madrid CF through the back door. There are more but these guys are total legends of the club, players that are today revered like for example Juanito who has been the object of countless gigantic banners and mosaics at the Santiago Bernabéu as the moto; "El espíritu de Juanito" due to his furious no holds barred way of giving 100%. Juanito was whistled and booed by the fans and one summer he just left the club as did all of those names above. None were given their earned final moments in front of the fans because the situation at the time was volatile with them or there were issues with the president of the time.

The thing here is that me saying this does take away some of the sting involved in all of this because of my known sentiments towards the club. But these things can be Googled and read upon... Infact there are some very informative documentaries on these things produced by journalists that are notable Real Madrid synpathisers or fans themselves.

The biggest one of them all there is none other than Alfredo di Stéfano the ultimate Real Madrid CF emblem and the man who died as Honorary President of the club. He was whistled out of the Bernabéu in 1964 where he subsequently signed for RCD Espanyol... He was even denied his final wages at the club which Espanyol covered. Di Stéfano played 282 games for the club spanning 11 years (1953-1964), scoring 216 goals and never having payed as a 9. Real Madrid up until Di Stéfano had signed had only won 1 league title and 1 Copa del Generalísimo (Copa del Rey). Ferenc Puskás is another humongous one in there, but then again all of them are.

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Please no, he has his qualities but none that improve us. Our midfield should be Kante, Ruben and Jorginho if all fit. Mateo was a sub at Real why would he want to be a sub here too?

I agree that our starting midfield 110% should be that. Good mixture and they complement each other well. 

Personally, I think Kovacic will be a great utility player. Unlike Bakayoko, Kovacic is actually very technical. Because of it, I think there was a bit of confusion this season as to what position he is. How can a player so good at dribbling, be so poor in the final third? If used right, Kovacic could be a great option. Very strong defensively and can operate different roles depending on the situation. 

He can be a rotating holding midfielder for Jorginho, or a CM option when we need to cover more space in the midfield. 

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I think he could be a good squad player, the question is does he want to be? I also hated it when he got the nod over Ruben, as the second is clearly the better player with huge potential to be ever better.

It does seem like he wants to be here, and it's not like he's hardly given any game time. Who ever the manager is will like how versatile he is. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It does seem like he wants to be here, and it's not like he's hardly given any game time. Who ever the manager is will like how versatile he is. 

Think he had loads of time to prove himself, i'd rather promote Mount than keep him. However knowing us we will make it permanent.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Think he had loads of time to prove himself, i'd rather promote Mount than keep him. However knowing us we will make it permanent.

Like I said, if he's used right Kovacic would be beneficial. Kovacic is defensive whereas Mount is offensive. 

• Administrator

Rumours are that he's gonna be allowed to play for Chelsea in the Super Cup as it's a trophy he's not won with them. Can't be true surely? Weird to announce he's leaving but can still play (in a summer window. I know it happens in January on pre-contract signings). 

• The title was changed to Eden Hazard Signs for Real Madrid

Archived