talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard Signs for Real Madrid

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rumours are that he's gonna be allowed to play for Chelsea in the Super Cup as it's a trophy he's not won with them. Can't be true surely? Weird to announce he's leaving but can still play (in a summer window. I know it happens in January on pre-contract signings). 

No way that's true. He'll be holding a Real Kit the moment the window opens. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Officially announced by Real.

Real Madrid CF and Chelsea FC have agreed to the transfer of the player Eden Hazard. 

The player remains linked to the club during the next five seasons, until June 30, 2024. 

Eden Hazard will be presented as a new player of Real Madrid on Thursday June 13 at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium, after passing the relevant medical examination.

• Administrator

Hazard's message...

To my Chelsea friends and family,

You now know that I will be joining Real Madrid. It’s no secret that it was my dream to play for them since I was a young boy just scoring my first goal. I have tried my very best not to distract myself or the team through this difficult period of speculation and media attention, especially the last 6 months.

Now the Clubs have reached an agreement I hope you understand I had to pursue my next chapter, just as each and every one of you should when you have the chance to pursue your dreams. Leaving Chelsea is the biggest and toughest decision in my career to date. Now it’s in the open I would like to put on record one thing was always clear to me, I have loved every moment at Chelsea and not once did I ever consider, nor would I have left for any other Club.

I was only 21 when I joined, so I have grown up as a man and a player with all of you, you have helped me become Captain of the Belgium National team after all. There have of course been tough times, for the team as a whole and for me personally, this is professional football. However, football to me is about having a ball at my feet, playing games and enjoying every moment, we are lucky to play the beautiful game and this is always my advice to those who ask for a coaching tip! Play football and have fun!

Even when we were not playing well, I tried to do my best and this has been thanks to your amazing support. That fighting spirit, desire and the refusal to ever give up is part of the culture here at Chelsea and it comes directly from you.

When I think back over my special moments in a Chelsea shirt, there are so many, we are lucky to win many more games than we have lost. Those who know me understand it is not me to list what I have won, all I can say is each and every award both as a team and as an individual have been incredible. One day I will be able to sit down over a beer and talk about or laugh with pride about my missed penalty that set up my header to win the league against Palace, or those goals against Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool.

The memories are so vivid because of the atmosphere and occasion you create, I hope you always remember them with pride, as I do. Whether it’s on tour in the USA, or at Sunderland on a Tuesday night, in Russia on a Thursday, or of course EVERY game at The Bridge – you’ve always supported me and encouraged me to play football and be me – Like I have enjoyed myself I hope you have enjoyed yourselves, I am only sorry not leave with a defending award amongst my honours!

We have many great players and my proudest moments were always as part of the team. We’ve won the FA Cup, League Cups, Europa Leagues and Premier Leagues all as a family. Each one so special in its own way and of course the game in Baku a couple of weeks ago is the perfect way to sign off from a long tough season after the World Cup.

Chelsea and especially Chelsea fans will always be special to me and next season I will look for your results first. I hope that we are drawn against each other in the Champions League next season and every season so we can meet again.

Before I go, one last thank you to everyone at the Club for their tremendous effort as we lived through every moment. To all of my ex-Colleagues we will say our goodbyes at the right time but I must thank the owner Mr Abramovich and his board for helping me realise not one, but two dreams, my first in becoming a Chelsea player and today my second, becoming a player at Real Madrid.

I wish each and every one of you the very best my friends.

Eden

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

https://www.facebook.com/edenhazard/photos/a.10150133550039162/10157775725704162/?type=3&theater

• The title was changed to Eden Hazard Signs for Real Madrid
On 03/06/2019 at 17:07, SirBalon said:

Show me your statistics that La Liga has a "very small audience outside Spain"

La Liga has the monopoly on the whole of Latin America as a foreign league, a massive percentage in North America due to all the Latin Americans living there. In North Africa it's the most watched league and has been the fastest growing in Asia. The LFP have currently a contract with 170 countries and I can actually provide you with the financial statistics too.

But you know what... In my world nobody says anything anywhere near me without backing it up! This country (the UK) is actually in a pretty bad state because of sweeping statements and nobody being made to back those statements up.

So I'll ask you one more time to back-up with factual statistics the sentence;

"very small audience outside Spain"

image.jpeg

That's nice, but no one has bein sports in Australia

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That's nice, but no one has bein sports in Australia

It's $10 a month for all of the BeIN channels (their are 8 or 9 in total) via SlingTV

I subscribe as I find that rather cheap. 

The Premier League loses its best player. One of the best I've seen in a Chelsea shirt, this guy is the reason why you pay to watch football. It's a shame he didn't get to play with the likes of Cech, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Drogba in their peak.

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hazard is reportedly on 400Kpw so yeah they are definitely offloading players. 

Do you really think it's something to do with that? If that's the case then Abramović is selling the club and wants to recvoer as much as possible. How much did the club make last year off their own backs?

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Do you really think it's something to do with that? If that's the case then Abramović is selling the club and wants to recvoer as much as possible. How much did the club make last year off their own backs?

I'm saying Real are paying Hazard 400kpw, and for Real to fund all of this they might have to offload players. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I'm saying Real are paying Hazard 400kpw, and for Real to fund all of this they might have to offload players. 

Oh right, because you said "he's on 400kpw" I thought you were talking about Chelsea because he's yet to officially sign with Real. How much was he on at Chelsea?

16 hours ago, Spike said:

Officially hate Real Madrid.

Commiserations mate. Can't understand why a player hazards age could look at Real Madrid as the team he always wanted to play for. I can't ever remember a time where they had the image of being a desirable club in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Commiserations mate. Can't understand why a player hazards age could look at Real Madrid as the team he always wanted to play for. I can't ever remember a time where they had the image of being a desirable club in my eyes.

Probably past players and their history mate. 

He's been too good for us over the years really which shows how we've fallen as a club. After last season and the FA Cup win he came out and said that he wanted the club to spend and make the decisions to help get Chelsea back where they should be. At Madrid, he'll be playing with better players, in a team that will be more likely of winning the big trophies and at a club that also has a point to prove.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, child, ocean, outdoor and water

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Probably players mate. 

He's been too good for us over the years really mate which shows how we've fallen as a club. After last season he came out and said that he wanted the club to spend and make the decisions to help get Chelsea back where they should be. At Madrid, he'll be playing with better players, in a team that will be more likely of winning the big trophies and a club that also has a point to prove.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, child, ocean, outdoor and water

What’s the France detail about?

4 hours ago, Harry said:

This is where players and fans differ. We can moralise about objectively disgusting clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Man City, but we're looking from the outside as people who aren't going to change clubs and don't have a lot of skin in the game.

For a player, these clubs are all potential employers and they're some of the biggest/best in the world. It's a big honour to be considered good enough to play for them, and they represent some of the best chances to win big prizes, in terms of both trophies and individual honours.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

They are the biggest club in the world. There is some mental chat on here that Chelsea, fucking tinpot Chelsea, are in the same league as Real Madrid. Fuck off. Real Madrid could be shit for 30 years and still attract more players than that oil baron club. 

It was inevitable he would move on... disappointed to see him go but that's the way things are.. 

There has been speculation knocking about for at least the last 3 seasons or so regarding this potential move and this season more than ever was going to be his time so to speak.. One of the most skillful match changing players out there and although I have no great love for Madrid I hope he personally does well in their set up and I think he will. When you consider what he achieved with us and the caliber of players he was used to playing with at Chelsea he is stepping up a few rungs on the ladder now where the skill set is much better so I expect him to shine there and be very influential..  

If you believe all you read the whole deal is worth around 120-140Mill with add on's and bonuses etc so certainly got a good price for him considering he only has one more year contractually with us.. Where now for us I wonder??? With Hazard off to pastures new and also sounding ever increasingly likely that Sarri is also outward bound and with a transfer ban in the offing ( if it's not suspended of course ) makes for an interesting if not slightly concerning next season.. 

Archived