talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard Signs for Real Madrid

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Commiserations mate. Can't understand why a player hazards age could look at Real Madrid as the team he always wanted to play for. I can't ever remember a time where they had the image of being a desirable club in my eyes.

Real Madrid are the biggest club in world football, if they want you you will go.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They are the biggest club in the world. There is some mental chat on here that Chelsea, fucking tinpot Chelsea, are in the same league as Real Madrid. Fuck off. Real Madrid could be shit for 30 years and still attract more players than that oil baron club. 

I'm under no such illusions mate. Just aghast at another likeable player signing for that particular club which for me is in a league of its own in its arrogance and entitlement and I do question the thought processes of players who have always dreamt of playing for them.

this great young prospect called Anakin Skywalker has signed for the Empire from the Jedi order. It's a big step up for him and improves his chances of winning something, and that's always been his dream...Let's all clap and applaud in his and his employers majesty.

Fuck. That.

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It was inevitable he would move on... disappointed to see him go but that's the way things are.. 

There has been speculation knocking about for at least the last 3 seasons or so regarding this potential move and this season more than ever was going to be his time so to speak.. One of the most skillful match changing players out there and although I have no great love for Madrid I hope he personally does well in their set up and I think he will. When you consider what he achieved with us and the caliber of players he was used to playing with at Chelsea he is stepping up a few rungs on the ladder now where the skill set is much better so I expect him to shine there and be very influential..  

If you believe all you read the whole deal is worth around 120-140Mill with add on's and bonuses etc so certainly got a good price for him considering he only has one more year contractually with us.. Where now for us I wonder??? With Hazard off to pastures new and also sounding ever increasingly likely that Sarri is also outward bound and with a transfer ban in the offing ( if it's not suspended of course ) makes for an interesting if not slightly concerning next season.. 

Have to admit I'd be surprised if Chelsea were even in the hunt for a top 4 finish with those departures, some of the injuries already known, and the transfer ban limiting any potential to strengthen.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm under no such illusions mate. Just aghast at another likeable player signing for that particular club which for me is in a league of its own in its arrogance and entitlement and I do question the thought processes of players who have always dreamt of playing for them.

this great young prospect called Anakin Skywalker has signed for the Empire from the Jedi order. It's a big step up for him and improves his chances of winning something, and that's always been his dream...Let's all clap and applaud in his and his employers majesty.

Fuck. That.

Okay. Well I think for many people in football Real Madrid, and clubs like them, are far more preferable to tin pout oil clubs who only sell 2k for a European cup final like Chelsea. Chelsea are not in the same league. 

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Okay. Well I think for many people in football Real Madrid, and clubs like them, are far more preferable to tin pout oil clubs who only sell 2k for a European cup final like Chelsea. Chelsea are not in the same league. 

It's just new money vs old money mate.

No problem Eden you did what you were signed to do for Chelsea, you leaving  England's most successful club of the 21st century to play in a league that has very little following or exposure outside Spain compared to the massive world wide following of the EPL but we still wish you good luck and I know you will be the best player after Messi in that league as you were in the EPL. 

2 hours ago, Blueprince said:

No problem Eden you did what you were signed to do for Chelsea, you leaving  England's most successful club of the 21st century to play in a league that has very little following or exposure outside Spain compared to the massive world wide following of the EPL but we still wish you good luck and I know you will be the best player after Messi in that league as you were in the EPL. 

1154203977.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Money and trophies, not the prestige of the past is what makes players join clubs. It is delusional to think otherwise.

This is true because unless the money is there then the other rarely occurs these days.

Let’s see what happens with the de Ligt transfer... Barcelona have offered less in personal terms than every single other option the player has on the table. Matthijs’ dream move if he had to leave Ajax was to go to Barcelona but right now PSG have in effect offered him double of what Barcelona have.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This is true because unless the money is there then the other rarely occurs these days.

Let’s see what happens with the de Ligt transfer... Barcelona have offered less in personal terms than every single other option the player has on the table. Matthijs’ dream move if he had to leave Ajax was to go to Barcelona but right now PSG have in effect offered him double of what Barcelona have.

Yeah, but Barcelona could offer him double the chances of winning trophies that aren't scoffed at. Besides, it is usually hand in hand, the teams with the past prestige have turned that prestige into modern money. In reductionist terms, the teams that won prestige often stayed on top of the dogpile and monopolised on that success in the 90s when the sport became particulary money infused. 

If Nottingham Forrest did what they did in the mid-90s instead of the late 70s we'd probably be talking about them in the same manner as Manchester United.

To say that oil clubs can't attract elite talent is insane, if that were the case I'm wondering why Eden Hazard spent seven years at Chelsea, Neymar is at PSG, and Aguero is one of the highest scoring players in PL history. Because money is the bottom line and always has been. Not every player is Xavi and does it for free. 

We can even look at other clubs and shamefully point the finger, Real Madrid's federal bank loans, whatever corrupt funds Silvo Burlesconi sleazed into AC Milan, and whatever black-white magic Juventus does beind closed doors.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, but Barcelona could offer him double the chances of winning trophies that aren't scoffed at. Besides, it is usually hand in hand, the teams with the past prestige have turned that prestige into modern money. In reductionist terms, the teams that won prestige often stayed on top of the dogpile and monopolised on that success in the 90s when the sport became particulary money infused. 

If Nottingham Forrest did what they did in the mid-90s instead of the late 70s we'd probably be talking about them in the same manner as Manchester United.

To say that oil clubs can't attract elite talent is insane, if that were the case I'm wondering why Eden Hazard spent seven years at Chelsea, Neymar is at PSG, and Aguero is one of the highest scoring players in PL history. Because money is the bottom line and always has been. Not every player is Xavi and does it for free. 

We can even look at other clubs and shamefully point the finger, Real Madrid's federal bank loans, whatever corrupt funds Silvo Burlesconi sleazed into AC Milan, and whatever black-white magic Juventus does beind closed doors.

Indeed... But as they say, you either join them or you’re left behind and all I can offer is a plain portion of demagoguery on a suspiciously empty plate because it all boils down to history as much as that hurts many.

We can no longer fight what you’ve written because it’s gone so far that the only victory would be one of self implosion which is more than possible in the future due to the fact it’s really all nonsense and this IS only a sport. How far can it be taken? What new avenues in a world that in general is no longer just satisfied with making a decent buck but has to continuously grow and grow with the margins of that growth having to defeat the previous one!

It’s all false and of course it’s all greed, arguably and almost definitely unnecessary greed because there’s only so much that’s required in terms of money.  

This may seem off topic and a strange thing to write, maybe some may feel I'm taking a swipe at this person. But I promise you I'm not, but I am saying; "I told you so" back then and it's a pity I haven't got all the posts to recall back from that period.

Where too for Neymar? Why is nobody chanting "We want Neymar!".

• 2 weeks later...

They've pretty much got their money back by selling off Llorente and Kovacic for a lot of money. Players who they don't even care about and were never going to be a big part of their plans. Overall, good business.

42 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They've pretty much got their money back by selling off Llorente and Kovacic for a lot of money. Players who they don't even care about and were never going to be a big part of their plans. Overall, good business.

If there’s one thing nobody can accuse Florentino Pérez of is doing great business. He is the first Real President in their entire history (even more so than Santiago Bernabéu) to balance the books while doing top business in signings. His only error to date has been Bale.

• 1 month later...

This is the news doing the rounds in the Madrid based sports news but to be honest I’m bot so sure if this sort of thing is to be taken too seriously.

I remember the same thing being said about Gonzalo Higuaín when he came back from his summer holidays and into his new club Juventus. There were all sorts of rumours coupled with training pictures that weren’t flattering at all and he did look well overweight. Enter the start of the season and he was in prime condition.

• 6 months later...

Archived