talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Pulisic - Chelsea Summer Move Confirmed

Chelsea or Liverpool could reportedly buy Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulisic for £70 million, provided they are willing to let him remain with the Bundesliga side until the end of the season.

According to Matt Law at the Daily Telegraph, Dortmund will not allow the United States international to leave in January, but they are willing to negotiate a deal "if they receive a big enough bid."

Pulisic's deal at Dortmund expires in 2020, and it's said he has attracted interest from both of the Premier League teams and Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Given Willian's age and decline, Pulisic can be a first team player at Chelsea, Liverpool don't need him and won't be able to negotiate in the same way with Salah/Mane both in their mid-twenties.

Reports in Spain stating he has agreed to join an English club. 

What's funny is that media outlets think it's Liverpool and state that he wants to be reunited with former boss Jurgen Klopp. Now, this just goes to show how fucking dumb the media are. Liverpool may indeed be interested, but it was Tuchel that worked with Pulisic FFS. Not Klopp

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Reports in Spain stating he has agreed to join an English club. 

What's funny is that media outlets think it's Liverpool and state that he wants to be reunited with former boss Jurgen Klopp. Now, this just goes to show how fucking dumb the media are. Liverpool may indeed be interested, but it was Tuchel that worked with Pulisic FFS. Not Klopp

He did work with Klopp and by all accounts is still in touch with him. 

Anyway, don't think we really need him and especially not at that price. 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Klopp left before he signed for Dortmund. Wouldn't surprise if Klopp could use his Dortmund contacts to influence a deal though but he's really not needed at Liverpool. 

He didn't, see my post above. Klopp left shortly after promoting Pullisic to the first team squad. Google it. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

At Dortmund, although only briefly. Klopp was the one who took pulisic out of the youth team to train with the first team. 

Youth players training with the first team on occasion is far different than actually being a first team player. He played one training session under Klopp.   Pulisic even said he personally didn't know him. It was Tuchel that brought him to be a 1st team regular. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Youth players training with the first team on occasion is far different than actually being a first team player. He played one training session under Klopp.   Pulisic even said he personally didn't know him. It was Tuchel that brought him to be a 1st team regular. 

I did say only briefly xD 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

I bow to your knowledge. Maybe Klopp can swing it then. 

I honestly don't think we need him. He'd be a squad player at best whereas he'd have a clear run into the first team at Chelsea which will probably appeal more to him. 

Can't see us spending £70m on a rotation player.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I honestly don't think we need him. He'd be a squad player at best whereas he'd have a clear run into the first team at Chelsea which will probably appeal more to him. 

Can't see us spending £70m on a rotation player.

Doubt he will leave for that amount. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Doubt he will leave for that amount. 

Maybe not but I think the fee is so high, not just because of his talent/potential, but because by signing him you are also tapping into the American market which is obviously very lucrative. 

Archived