talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 4-2 Tottenham - Sunday 2nd December, 2018

football forum

20 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Man utd seem to either play terrible or really terrible. They'll probably play terrible on Wednesday and lose :dam:

Fixed that for you. :coffee:

Ha ha well they did get the win at juventus and they got a draw at Chelsea. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This game was all about Unai Emery.

Let's talk about that. 

He's won more trophies than spurs have in 20 years. Is that a good start :twothumbsup:

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This game was all about Unai Emery.

Let's talk about that. 

In game tactics are up there with anyone in the world, so brave with subs and gets them right so many times. I love what he has done with us so far, he is doing a fantastic job with what he was given.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I have. Since day one.

Emery's tactics are proven to win, and after Arsenal lost to both us and City I mentioned that Emery should stick with his tactics vs adapt to his players needs. 

I meant cos @SirBalon had said it twice in short time haha

• Subscriber

From a footballing point of view, no derby in the country comes close to this. They are consistently excellent games.

Arsenal are a really good side. The way they grow into games is phenomenal and it isn't a co-incidence either.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Let's talk about Emery and Torreira, Arsenal's best signings in over a decade. 

Emery makes my penis get hard. There you go we talked about him :banana:

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We should all talk about Emery though!  I also invite the Liverpool fans who must be bored of talking constantly about Klopp, to join in the adulation.  :banana:

Nah I agree. He's been somewhat of a revelation to Arsenal. Everyone knew Wenger was coming to the end of his tenure even before he announced his retirement. Half the battle was ending that chapter and the other half was making sure the right person came in to start the next chapter. 

So far, so good. Arsenal have nailed it with Emery. Still some weak points in the defence but having Aubameyang and Lacazette during and confidence is gonna be a danger to most teams. It's as if he's got fans and players all pointing in one direction again now, as opposed to how divisive (mainly between fans) the last few years of Wenger's reign was. 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah I agree. He's been somewhat of a revelation to Arsenal. Everyone knew Wenger was coming to the end of his tenure even before he announced his retirement. Half the battle was ending that chapter and the other half was making sure the right person came in to start the next chapter. 

So far, so good. Arsenal have nailed it with Emery. Still some weak points in the defence but having Aubameyang and Lacazette during and confidence is gonna be a danger to most teams. It's as if he's got fans and players all pointing in one direction again now, as opposed to how divisive (mainly between fans) the last few years of Wenger's reign was. 

One can't get overjoyed or overawed at what's being witnessed because there are various issues within the team as I keep on reminding everyone on various posts regarding Arsenal.  The squad is quite unbalanced and part of that problem focuses on the defensive side of things...  Thankfully the signing of Torreira is part of a fix in that sense and I get how Emery has been using him considering what I'm saying about the unbalance. This is where Emery has been very intelligent not to destabilise a new player with an eye out to any bad result that could easily come Arsenal's way at any moment.  In the same manner as the media is highly praising Unai Emery at the moment, he will not receive any special treatment from them if a bad run comes our way and neither should he.

But it's as players keep reminding the fans whenever there's either a great run or a bad run of results...  "We were never that great when winning as we are not that bad when losing".

Everything needs to be measured with a balanced mind with these things because I maintain that there is still a lot of work needed for us to be real contenders and competitors where challenging is in question.  It's easy for one to over step the mark with sentiments when what's occurring manifests itself.

Let's keep our feet in the ground where us Arsenal fans are concerned.  We're going in the right direction with Unai Emery.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 4-2 Tottenham - Sunday 2nd December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed... Not enough of that happening?

Let's talk about Unai Emery right here at TalkFootball365 ;)

Lets talk about Emery
Lets talk about Torreira
Lets talk about the good times
I just can't
I just can't
I just can't control my erection

• Administrator

Let's talk about this :(. Glad the cunt got arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46422171

A Tottenham supporter was arrested after a banana skin was thrown on to the pitch during Sunday's ill-tempered derby with Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.

It was thrown from the away end after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had scored for the Gunners, who won the game 4-2.

A Spurs spokesman confirmed the supporter would be banned.

There were also six arrests for public order offences, at least two of which were believed to be Arsenal fans who lit smoke canisters during the match.

"Behaviour such as this is completely unacceptable and the supporter in question will be issued with a ban," a Tottenham spokesman said of the banana-skin incident.

BBC Sport pundit Ian Wright spent seven years at Arsenal, scoring 185 goals in 288 appearances for the club.

"I've played against Spurs and I've taken a lot of abuse but never ever has it been racial," the former striker told Match of the Day 2.

"Now Spurs have to deal with this because some idiot has done that. It's not only embarrassed Spurs but it has embarrassed the Premier League because it has gone around the world.

"It's really unfortunate to see."

Not only should he have the maximum the law can throw at him for that, but he should also be tied up at Trafalgar Square and be wet handkerchief slapped by tourists on the face for being unoriginal with his racist attack.

What did he hope to gain from that in this day and age?

I only wish his face would be publicised in the media as they do these days in Spain with anything of the sort.

Archived