Everton 0-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-1 Everton (FA Cup)
Liverpool 1-1 Everton
Liverpool 3-1 Everton
Everton 0-1 Liverpool

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Everton have shown a lot of bottle this season tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the year they finally turn up for a derby since the Moyes-Rafa days.

After what sounds like another shite away performance in Europe, I hope we see the lads have a big response.

• Subscriber

I do think Liverpool will win it but I don't think it's totally out of the picture Everton get something from this. Seems to be largely forgotten in here that they did last year.

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do think Liverpool will win it but I don't think it's totally out of the picture Everton get something from this. Seems to be largely forgotten in here that they did last year.

Tbf Everton are a very easy club to forget about.

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Reckon Everton can do it. Liverpool are nothing special. 

No club are really that special atm, even City who are a massive 2 points clear of us at this stage. 

Saying that, we are awfully out of form at the moment, can't even string 3 passes together. 

If Everton can't beat us now then they might as well fuck off and never come back. 

• Subscriber

I'm not actually scared of this Liverpool team, certainly not on the levels of when we used to get fucked over by Gerrard and Suarez routinely.

I'm more scared of us finding a way to lose as we always do. Scared isn't even the word though, all I feel towards the derby is total apathy, which is what I have felt for years and will continue to feel until I see an actual 90 minute performance from us at Anfield. I was 6 years old last time we won there for fucks sake, it wasn't even this millennium.

Objectively you can look at it and say sure there's some evidence that we could get something. Liverpool have been unconvincing at times and we are on a good run but that seems to be the case every time we're up against them and we never pull it off.

I don't care that we got something there last year. For a while it was funny that we got a Rooney equaliser off a soft penalty and Klopp had a bit of a meltdown, but looking at the bigger picture, the only reason it was funny is because we were so far from deserving even a draw from the game because the Martinez/Walsh/Koeman/Allardyce era has robbed us of the slim remnants of relevance we'd clawed back under Moyes. The fact that Liverpool kept us at arms length in second gear and we celebrated fluking an undeserved draw is just embarrassing for a club of our side and with our stated ambitions.

I'm optimistic about most things with us under Silva but we could have won four consecutive Champions Leagues while Liverpool were in the Conference North after seven consecutive years of going into administration. I won't believe we can win an Anfield derby until I see it with my own eyes.

My actual prediction for the game is that we will give them a decent match, but lose 2-1 or 3-1. One of their goals will either be some sort of borderline refereeing bullshit or a massive case of us shooting ourselves in the foot. Short odds on a Michael Keane own goal seeing as he's been quality for us this season and him causing us to lose yet again at Anfield would be us in the derby down to a tee.

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

At Goodison we're not too bad to be fair, but at Anfield it's not worth watching. Sad fact is that I always do, apart from the one game I missed where Jagielka scored that 94th minute thunderbolt xD.

I was at that game. Devastating turn of events for what should have been Gerard’s last home derby win.

I'll tell you how not bothered I am about this game... I've just agreed to meet my sister at Wentworth Xmas Fair at 3pm on the day of the game. 

I wouldn't ever do that normally, not even if we were playing York City on FA Cup third round day.

It has become such an irrelevant game that I'm not even arsed if we win or lose.

How fucking sad is that. 

I used to live for this game, pretend I was Rush, scoring the winner etc etc blah blah blah, but now, honestly, it's just another 3 points. 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's such a formality. I can remember buzzing for derbies in school, ripping into my mates (and getting it back) for weeks beforehand. Literally not arsed these days. 

Rip into my mates? 

I used to pull their eyes out with fish hooks and feed them to their parents ffs, just for wearing blue :D

Now I just bugger Everton fans mum's if I happen to bump into them when I pop out for a 4 Pinter of milk :coffee:

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'll tell you how not bothered I am about this game... I've just agreed to meet my sister at Wentworth Xmas Fair at 3pm on the day of the game. 

I wouldn't ever do that normally, not even if we were playing York City on FA Cup third round day.

It has become such an irrelevant game that I'm not even arsed if we win or lose.

How fucking sad is that. 

I used to live for this game, pretend I was Rush, scoring the winner etc etc blah blah blah, but now, honestly, it's just another 3 points. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck it I've just rang my sister an told her I can't make it Sunday!

Come on you blue cunts :shoot:

Amazing.

• Subscriber

There is actually one thing that vaguely excites about this match and that is deciding which gifs and memes to post in @LFCMadLad's Fortress Anfield thread in the event of an Everton victory.

All hypothetical of course as it won't happen, but a bit of fun for me in my down time nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There is actually one thing that vaguely excites about this match and that is deciding which gifs and memes to post in @LFCMadLad's Fortress Anfield thread in the event of an Everton victory.

All hypothetical of course as it won't happen, but a bit of fun for me in my down time nonetheless.

Love how you back up your massive story with...  "it won't happen" :D

And come on mate, are you really going to celebrate an Everton win by posting gifs and memes? 

You crack on Mate... I'll be shagging @Cannabis bird behind the Albert :whistling:

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Everton - Sunday 2nd December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived