talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-0 Everton - Sunday 2nd December, 2018

football forum

Some really strange posts in this thread. I'm not sure where the negativity from our lot comes from. Yeah, midweek was poor, like our other away games in Europe this season. We've taken 33 points out of 39 in the league though and are great at home. Not bad for a side 'awfully out of form'. The suggestion that this is a good time for Everton to be playing Liverpool is bizarre. I'd be gobsmacked if they won. They may well grind out another underserved draw like they have a few times over the years but that's the best they can hope for.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Reckon Everton can do it. Liverpool are nothing special. 

Reminiscent of most Blues on social media this. They seem very confident going into this and have convinced themselves that we're not a good side. Even better when we end up twatting them on Sunday

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Reminiscent of most Blues on social media this. They seem very confident going into this and have convinced themselves that we're not a good side. Even better when we end up twatting them on Sunday

I make no secret of my desire for Everton to win. Liverpool are a better team, definitely, but think there's something a little wrong behind the scenes at the moment.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Some really strange posts in this thread. I'm not sure where the negativity from our lot comes from. Yeah, midweek was poor, like our other away games in Europe this season. We've taken 33 points out of 39 in the league though and are great at home. Not bad for a side 'awfully out of form'. The suggestion that this is a good time for Everton to be playing Liverpool is bizarre. I'd be gobsmacked if they won. They may well grind out another underserved draw like they have a few times over the years but that's the best they can hope for.

Are your lot being negative? Think it's more general apathy than thinking you'll do anything but win.

27 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Most Blues on social media doesn't represent most blues overall. The 90% majority that are learned enough to know that supporting Everton will bring you nothing but pain, especially on derby day, know to avoid giving it large before playing Liverpool. 10% of them (probably more actually) are the spastic that all clubs have that just love chatting shit and getting attention on social media. Don't assume that they represent the fanbase, it's just that they're the only ones who can be arsed saying anything.

I do think we'll be better than recent years but it'll take more than an 'unlucky loss' at Old Trafford and a 'deserved 0-0 draw' away at a Chelsea side below their best to convince me that there's been a revolution in our away form against the big clubs and a revolution is exactly what it'll take to turn our form around at Anfield.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Are your lot being negative? Think it's more general apathy than thinking you'll do anything but win.

Most Blues on social media doesn't represent most blues overall. The 90% majority that are learned enough to know that supporting Everton will bring you nothing but pain, especially on derby day, know to avoid giving it large before playing Liverpool. 10% of them (probably more actually) are the spastic that all clubs have that just love chatting shit and getting attention on social media. Don't assume that they represent the fanbase, it's just that they're the only ones who can be arsed saying anything.

I do think we'll be better than recent years but it'll take more than an 'unlucky loss' at Old Trafford and a 'deserved 0-0 draw' away at a Chelsea side below their best to convince me that there's been a revolution in our away form against the big clubs and a revolution is exactly what it'll take to turn our form around at Anfield.

I'd say describing us as awfully out of form was negative, yeah. 

In our last four league games we've scored ten and conceded 1...to Arsenal. The implication that we arent good going forward at the minute is silly. Take away our away games in Europe and we have a very very impressive record this season. I'm not worried.

55 minutes ago, Rick said:

In our last four league games we've scored ten and conceded 1...to Arsenal. The implication that we arent good going forward at the minute is silly. Take away our away games in Europe and we have a very very impressive record this season. I'm not worried.

Glad you aren't a wet wipe like some on here xD

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Vintage Everton at Anfield. Man advantage, score an own goal, end up two down, get one back, then get a man sent off and ruin the momentum.

Van der Meyde, what a flop he was.

What you get for having a wannabe manc as your captain. One of the most shameful things Everton have done. 

Was neville even captain then? Point still stands. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I suppose facts would halt this point of view. No worries, as you were.

He is not from Manchester. He is from Bury one of the many odd towns surrounding Manchester but not part of it and never has been. If you're going to challenge me at least know your geography you absolute imbecile. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Everton - Sunday 2nd December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived