talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-0 Everton - Sunday 2nd December, 2018

football forum

• Subscriber

I had completely forgotten that the Funes Mori tackle was on Origi. Thankfully I remember being at a pub quiz for that one for someone's birthday so I just pretended the four goal alerts that came through weren't happening. As you can imagine I never looked up the highlights, in fact I don't know if I've ever seen the challenge. Even Evertonians thought he was a weird cunt for coming off the pitch beating his chest, which says a lot.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's actually mathematically incredible how the combination of that volley, followed by the two reflections off the bar that landed the ball directly on Origi's head came to pass. How many more times would you have to replay that free kick for it to happen that way again? Ten thousand? 

I'm absolutely convinced any other combination of teams on that pitch, that goalmouth scramble from Gomes header in the first half crosses the line, that mess doesn't happen in the last minute, and the away team wins 1-0

It would happen 100% if the time because Virgil Van Dijk is a genius.

Nah I have no idea how it managed to dip so well, no idea how Pickford manages to save it in a way it doesn’t tip behind, but it seemed like all your players turned off at that point and Origi hasn’t given up on it and was right there to capitalise. Absolutely ridiculous, I love it. Especially Origi getting the winner against you.

Gomes should’ve shot down, but still unlucky that we have Alisson to pull off a world class save like he did. Probably changed the match along with Gomez’s brilliant clearance.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Should have tipped it over for me, take the corner all day than a goal. 

Hopefully that's a fine for Klopp too, Mourinho would be.

I think Klopp might get a touchline ban for it tbh, but if he does it’ll still be worth it.

• Subscriber

Have a quick look on Twitter to see all the usual Sky Sports accounts splashing PICKFORD BLUNDER all over the place. But our media don't like building up our young international players and knocking them down the second they get a chance do they? Cunts.

It was a poor decision but not an easy ball to deal with dropping out of the wet nights sky spinning like it was.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Have a quick look on Twitter to see all the usual Sky Sports accounts splashing PICKFORD BLUNDER all over the place. But our media don't like building up our young international players and knocking them down the second they get a chance do they? Cunts.

It was a poor decision but not an easy ball to deal with dropping out of the wet nights sky spinning like it was.

It was a bizarre goal but not a bizarre blunder from Pickford. Like you said, very tough to judge that ball, van Dijk hit it so bad that it had a lot of effect and it was hard to judge where it´d land. Tough play, definitely a mistake but it wasn´t an easy play to begin with. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fairly impressed with Everton under Silva. No longer roll overs and play some great footy 

And me. I actually think at this rate they'll finish ahead of Manchester United.

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Shout out for Fabinho today as well. Probably his best performance of the season in his first derby. 

Facing a lot of criticism from parts of our support, myself included, and then he puts in a shift like that.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

F8C15A0D-8F52-4372-B8DF-620D1A83BA03.jpeg

Cor been a while since that's been posted xD

You had years of dominating the Premier League. Nearly two decades worth. Let us have our moments to revel in your misery :P

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pickford is more interested in hating black/asian peopled than goal keeping, he is not top class. Absolutely gutted to see those utter cunts steal it, walcott is pointless.

When I watched the film I'm sure he got led away from becoming a racist?

this-is-england.jpg

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Everton - Sunday 2nd December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's actually mathematically incredible how the combination of that volley, followed by the two reflections off the bar that landed the ball directly on Origi's head came to pass. How many more times would you have to replay that free kick for it to happen that way again? Ten thousand? 

I'm absolutely convinced any other combination of teams on that pitch, that goalmouth scramble from Gomes header in the first half crosses the line, that mess doesn't happen in the last minute, and the away team wins 1-0

It's a fair point. Not on the level of the beach ball in terms of ridiculous but the timing and the impact on the final result make it right up there. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Gomes looks fairly composed. Pressure off his shoulders now Messi isnt bullying him. 

Reckon Everton can pip United for 6th 

I agree. They'd fully deserve it too.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Klopp might get a touchline ban for it tbh, but if he does it’ll still be worth it.

Agree. Its whay makes klopp who he is. It makes me like him all the more that he struggles to contain his emotions like the best of us. 

• Subscriber

I watched the first half of this then had to set off to work. When i saw Origi had scored the winner i was shocked as i genuinely thought he was still out on loan and that his Liverpool career was over.

• Subscriber

If anyone had told me that Origi was scoring in that game I'd have had a proper laugh. It's been over a year since he's scored and even after his time on loan he never came back looking like that player which ran that cup game like he owned the whole pitch. But, this was his moment to shine and fair credit to him, anyone else would have seen the ball floating and said, no chance that stays in let me give up but he sticks around and watches Pickford do the best thing he did all day for us. 

Everton should have walked away with a point at the least considering what they did on the pitch but you reckon they play like this and they're going to give a lot of teams some serious problems. I like Andre and this role suits him well, he isn't hindered and playing some great passing football as well. I can't speak to Everton like their fans but I think they are in a good way and I hope they do well at the expense of that other team vying for 6th.

Archived