talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-0 Everton - Sunday 2nd December, 2018

football forum

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, our son was not keeping track of the score as he had just moved into his new house and when I rang him up and said your Pool had won at the death he screamed down the phone "YAHOOOOOOOOO...YOU BEAUTY" nearly burst my fucking eardrums lol.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Apparently Klopp has been charged for his celebrations.

I can't believe I'm saying it because fuck Liverpool but I actually don't agree. Silva even admitted he may have done the same if it was him, and Klopp apologised for his actions after the game. It's a 96th minute derby winner that's huge in the context of their league campaign ffs. 

Didn't seem to be intended as disrespectful, wasn't at all like the Chelsea assistant who actually went and got in Mourinho's face the other week. 

However football is so sterilised these days that it won't go down as a shock that he's pulled up for it.

Oh well, I won't shed tears if there's a touchline ban, put it that way.

• Administrator

Klopp being charged is an absolute joke. It's one of the most popular derbies and they've just won in the last second of it for fuck sake. Let him go batshit mental. Any manager would. 

• Subscriber

Pretty soon you won't even be able to celebrate on the touchline as it will be considered poor sportsmanship. I don't get what the big deal is really and if you don't show passion after winning it in the last few seconds of a game, derby or not, when are you going to show it? after the moment is gone? Having said all this there should be no contesting the punishment as I think if he does that he'll just get fined and everything can move on. Hardly grounds for anything more than that.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

All managers must stay in their technical area apart from Klopp because he hugs his players and is a media darling?

If Mourinho had done that, people would be losing their minds. 

I think if Mourinho left his technical area during a match it would never be to hug a player. Start World War 3 perhaps but a hug ... definite no.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

All managers must stay in their technical area apart from Klopp because he hugs his players and is a media darling?

If Mourinho had done that, people would be losing their minds. 

Nah, Mourinho can be an absolute fuckwit sometimes but if he did what Klopp does, then so be it.

Absolute laughable that he's getting charged. Disagree fully about Mourinho being slated if he did the same thing. Mourinho get slated for being a cunt, for riling up fans and opposition managers. If he celebrated like that there wouldn't be anybody asking for a fucking ban.

• Subscriber

Made my feelings on Klopp clear but based on the double standards towards Mourinho over the last few years I have to say I think the pitchforks would be out if he did the same thing against Man City or Liverpool if people are honest with themselves.

Doesn't matter though. Regardless of who it is I don't think a charge is necessary.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Absolute laughable that he's getting charged. Disagree fully about Mourinho being slated if he did the same thing. Mourinho get slated for being a cunt, for riling up fans and opposition managers. If he celebrated like that there wouldn't be anybody asking for a fucking ban.

Well that’s just not true. But please, continue. Just like when Klippity screamed in the officials face but it was ‘passion’ as well eh 9_9

41 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Well that’s just not true. But please, continue. Just like when Klippity screamed in the officials face but it was ‘passion’ as well eh 9_9

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm surprised he's not getting a ban tbh, think it would have been worth it though. But a fine and a warning and I doubt he's fussed at all, I certainly am not.

You two alright? 

#passion

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Inverted said:

Always baffles me that people bring up Mourinho constantly in relation to anything unusual that Klopp does, when Mourinho built his whole image on and became a media darling by these kinds of overt displays of emotion. 

It's because Liverpool fans are amongst the most vocal in slating Mourinho for anything controversial that he does, then when Klopp does stuff like swearing in press conferences, organising laps of honour for 1-1 draws with West Brom or running onto the pitch to celebrate a late derby winner, Liverpool fans love it because it's their manager so it's fine.

Same double standards as every other clubs fans by the way but because Mourinho is probably the most hated manager for most Liverpool fans, he's the easiest one to use as an example to make them see things from the other side of the fence if you're trying to make a point about why non-Liverpool fans have a problem with or take the piss out of something Klopp does.

Does anyone honestly really give a fuck about swearing in press conferences though? Like sure, maybe kids will hear swear words. But they're just fucking swear words, they're going to hear them anyways. Swearing is good for emphasis, it shouldn't be shunned. I hate when I can't swear at work anywhere near as much as I would like to.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does anyone honestly really give a fuck about swearing in press conferences though? Like sure, maybe kids will hear swear words. But they're just fucking swear words, they're going to hear them anyways. Swearing is good for emphasis, it shouldn't be shunned. I hate when I can't swear at work anywhere near as much as I would like to.

It's not really the point of what I was saying though is it?

However, it would prove my point if Mourinho did use foul language in a press conference and everyone got outraged by it. In fact, didn't he swear into a camera a few weeks back and get a fine? Or at least some people tried to make it a thing and feed this year's Mourinho narrative.

Not defending the bloke as if memory serves he waited for the camera to be near him before he started swearing, which is clearly immature and unnecessary and attention seeking and all the other negative traits we've come to associate with him, but the double standards some people hold, beyond what you'd take for granted for your average football fan of course, surely can't be denied.

33 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's not really the point of what I was saying though is it?

However, it would prove my point if Mourinho did use foul language in a press conference and everyone got outraged by it. In fact, didn't he swear into a camera a few weeks back and get a fine? Or at least some people tried to make it a thing and feed this year's Mourinho narrative.

Not defending the bloke as if memory serves he waited for the camera to be near him before he started swearing, which is clearly immature and unnecessary and attention seeking and all the other negative traits we've come to associate with him, but the double standards some people hold, beyond what you'd take for granted for your average football fan of course, surely can't be denied.

I think running up to a camera and shouting something like "it's a fucking disgrace" like Drogba is a bit uncalled for, but if Mourinho swore in a press conference I wouldn't give a shit. Swearing at press conferences was just about the only thing I liked about Fat Sam, the rare times he did it. So maybe that's me.

I can remember doing something similar, making gestures at our fans, but again I think that's less professional than celebrating with your goalkeeper - as it's trying to incite a negative reaction from a group of angry fans. You could make the argument that celebrating like that in the derby would similarly incite a negative reaction from an angry group of fans - it clearly has upset one group of fans in particular. I don't think he was really thinking about it though.

In any case, I'm not particularly fussed with him getting charged with it. He broke a rule, he's been changed with it, he's accepted the charge. How much outrage needs to be had for it?

Archived