• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dortmund Team Bus Hit By Explosion; Bartra Injured - Suspect Arrested

football forum

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

They stay in team hotel before the match, it's not so hard to figure out the route.

Ok fair enough I wasn't aware their pre match ritual. 

Police are now saying it was deliberately targeting the team bus & they're investigating the authenticity of a letter found near the incident. 

Also cant help myself:

IMG_2154.JPG

P1

6110864_w948h600v54708_dpa_14951600B4235

Firecrackers don't do that against any kind of glass(especially not bullet-proof glass - note it's not confirmed that this bus uses bullet-proof glass). 

P2

2,w=1489,q=low,c=0.bild.jpg

The police not only stated that serious explosives were used, but also that those explosive devices were hidden inside a hedgerow.

https://binged.it/2nCcliz

The distance between the row and the right lane of the street is at least 10m.

The pressure caused by an explosive against an object at distance r is inversely proportional to r^2.

google street view(a little old)

I don't know what is worse; ultras attacking a team, terrorists, or a random attack. All are terrible and will have consequences, particularly regarding German football. I wonder if this will change certain procedures.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

In Western Europe surely, has their not been something in the Middle East and Africa? 

How long before we see airport style security at stadia? 

They already have it in America. I had to empty my pockets and take my belt and shoes off just to go to the fucking team shop of baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks.

54 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'd be all for it to be honest, you can literally walk into any stadium without problems so long as you have a ticket to get through the turn-style. So long as you don't have a bag which security always search then you're free to do what you want, it's a sad fact but it's pretty easy for a terrorist to attack within a stadium and I'm just glad that it hasn't happened already. 

I'd support airport style security at football grounds, a full body scanner as you enter eliminates the risk. 

Even with bags I'm always slightly concerned by how cursory the search is and in some places you could easily avoid it. Unfortunately I fear it's just a matter of time.

• Administrator

German police ruling out terrorism. 

Wonder what the explosive devices are that were  found in nearby hedges. And what the size of them were. 

Bizarre that if not terrorist, who would go to such lengths to cause such relatively little damage and not use all the explosives? 

Maybe they were meant for other times tonight while match was on but they became even more of a pussy and chickened out of it. 

17 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

They already have it in America. I had to empty my pockets and take my belt and shoes off just to go to the fucking team shop of baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks.

Even with bags I'm always slightly concerned by how cursory the search is and in some places you could easily avoid it. Unfortunately I fear it's just a matter of time.

You used to get patted down now it's a token gesture and even then it's not great

Just now, Stan said:

German police ruling out terrorism. 

Wonder what the explosive devices are that were  found in nearby hedges. And what the size of them were. 

Bizarre that if not terrorist, who would go to such lengths to cause such relatively little damage and not use all the explosives? 

Maybe they were meant for other times tonight while match was on but they became even more of a pussy and chickened out of it. 

Of course it's terrorism, it may not be Islamic terrorism but bombs and targeting people for mass murder whatever the motive is terrorism really. 

If this had happened stateside two people would be dead, SWAT would be deployed, half the city shutdown, all while an anti-fascism rally got in the face of the cops. Across town a young black man and a white man would be dead from police shooting; the white guy forgotten about as Fox and CNN argue about the possibility of the young black man being responsible for the bombing despite being dead five minutes before the bomb exploded. Twitter would be in overload with 'journalists' dishing out the scoop they got from their source in London.

Archived