1. 1. What is the most fierce PL derby?

• The Manchester Derby
    • The Merseyside Derby
    • The North London Derby
    • The M23 Derby

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It used to be the Merseyside derby without a doubt. 

Nowadays for me it's cod or haddock. 

Not rate bothered!

Now it's probably the NL Derby because how close they are in the league. 

Liverpool are miles ahead of Everton

City are miles ahead of Utd 

So yeah, it's got to be the NL Derby now for sure.

Fuck the M23 xD

The Manchester Derby is nowhere near the fiercest. They don't even fill their grounds on Derby match days. 

Saying that, neither do Arsenal against Spurs. 

People say the Merseyside derby is family friendly but is it bollocks. The media promote that by showing shots of red and blue together to calm it down but make no mistake... heads get smashed like anywhere and the grounds are bouncing.

What was I even saying.... as if 2 southern puff clubs could be the fiercest rivalry? 

It's like my nan n Pops Fighting over the remote ffs. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

I've always liked the tyne wear derby when both are in the league...

Agree with this.

The Merseyside derby is no longer that fierce because Everton has rolled over in past few seasons. There are also few local players in the teams. 

However, I can see this weekend's game being a good game, because the Everton midfield looks settled and Richarlison's form should make this tough for Klopp's side. 

13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

City v Liverpool   ...team buses get smashed up and everything plus these are the top 2 teams in the UK

You're probably right mate, biggest game in the UK at present. We are the only ones that can give you lot a game. 

I don't think any of the 'bigger derbies' in England really have that much of an interesting story behind them, it's mainly just basic tribalism 'we don't like the nearest team to us' sort of stuff. There are sort of vague intraicies, Newcastle-Sunderland civil war stuff or Liverpool/Manchester industrial rivalry, but they don't really have the in built hatred you get with the Old Firm or Boca V River.

I'd say West Ham v Millwall is probably the most fierce in England. Spurs v Arsenal is usually the best for entertainment though.

Fuck off M23 😂 A. It's Brighton, B. There's 45 miles between the two clubs, it's not a derby.

Voted Arsenal and Spurs, London derbies are generally the best. Spurs/Chelsea/West Ham, Arsenal/Spurs and West Ham/Millwall. Newcastle and Sunderland up there too.

Manchester Derby was great back when Shaun Wright-Phillips was running the show.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Fuck off M23 😂 A. It's Brighton, B. There's 45 miles between the two clubs, it's not a derby.

Voted Arsenal and Spurs, London derbies are generally the best. Spurs/Chelsea/West Ham, Arsenal/Spurs and West Ham/Millwall. Newcastle and Sunderland up there too.

Manchester Derby was great back when Shaun Wright-Phillips was running the show.

The calculated distance from Liverpool to Manchester is equal to 31 miles  https://www.distancecalculator.net/from-liverpool-to-manchester

:coffee:

Archived