• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Alexis Sanchez Suffers Hamstring Injury

Recommended Posts

Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Southampton after suffering a hamstring injury.

The 29-year-old sustained the injury in training on Thursday and will now be assessed ahead of the trip to St Mary's.

A club statement read: "Alexis sustained a hamstring injury in training on Thursday which requires further investigation to confirm severity."

Sanchez has struggled for first-team opportunities this season and was left out of the squad that beat Young Boys in the Champions League on Tuesday.

However, United manager Jose Mourinho expects the Chilean to remain at Old Traffordbeyond the January window.

Speaking earlier this month, Mourino said: "He has never told me that he wants to leave. He never told me that he's not happy to stay.

"He is playing like the team. He is improving, like the team is improving, when he plays he is giving us his personality.

"His desire is to play and to produce for the team and [he is] trying to adapt to the way we play and vice versa.

"Can he do better? We all can do better. I can do better, he can do better, all the players can do better."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will they even notice if he's missing? Another overpaid under performer. But blame Jose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Proper fanboy me.

"But blame Jose"

Yep, that's a fanboy kind of comment. It's that twats job to get the best out of his players, whether they are youth players or overpaid wankers. 

The most expensive side in history are struggling in mid table with a negative goal difference and it's never Jose's fault. 

He gets the shit he gets because he's an absolute fucking dud. Funny though xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

"But blame Jose"

Yep, that's a fanboy kind of comment. It's that twats job to get the best out of his players, whether they are youth players or overpaid wankers. 

The most expensive side in history are struggling in mid table with a negative goal difference and it's never Jose's fault. 

He gets the shit he gets because he's an absolute fucking dud. Funny though xD

Properfanboy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Properfanboy.

Not proper (Don't go too far), just an average fanboy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how people can paint Mourinho as some sort of unfortunate victim, it is literally his job to get the team playing well. Yes, individual players deserve criticism but ultimately the manager is held responsible for it all, it's not like Sanchez is the only player below his best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't understand how people can paint Mourinho as some sort of unfortunate victim, it is literally his job to get the team playing well. Yes, individual players deserve criticism but ultimately the manager is held responsible for it all, it's not like Sanchez is the only player below his best.

It's 50/50. There's no victims, it's just underpeforming players and a manager who is struggling to get the underperforming players to play well. It's just become so easy in recent years to blame Mourinho for anything and everything.

He's brought it on himself at times, but it's mental just how much blame he does take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

It's 50/50. There's no victims, it's just underpeforming players and a manager who is struggling to get the underperforming players to play well. It's just become so easy in recent years to blame Mourinho for anything and everything.

He's brought it on himself at times, but it's mental just how much blame he does take.

I think it's more the case that so many people hate Mourinho so much that he gets a lot of justified criticism but people forget to also point fingers at the players who are frequently disgracing themselves and their club on the pitch.

We're well past the point of Mourinho turning it around now. The Mourinho of yesteryear would have been able to turn last season's 3-2 win at City, or this year's win at Juventus, or some other significant result into a springboard to really change the teams fortunes. Now when he bags these results it seems to make him think that what he's been doing all along is right and that they just need to carry on. However, they'll never seem to have a bad enough run of form to sack him, so it'll be a slow death with him. No surprise as in the past it always seems to have been at least somewhat drawn out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you have half a team "individually" underperforming, it's not very individual anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement