talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Nightmare before Christmas...

football forum

And no, it's not a the film review... 

As we are on the cusp of the dreaded month of December it's about the organizing and general doing of all things related to it... Sorting out what food to get in, finding homes and space for the endless parcels that keep turning up at the house, going up and down from the loft for the Christmas tree and then back up and down to find the box with the decorations in... That horrible feeling that I will be forced to walk around countless shops over and over again while we go for that last minute gift... 

As soon as I was requested to get the tree down from the loft all that flashes through my mind is this... 

Image result for and so it begins gif

It's not like we have not had enough prep time is it, Christmas does start in August in most shops anyway... We had the luxury of not having the 'disruptor' around for a day and a night yesterday so blitzed the house and got the decorations up, as per normal I don't have a clue what the kids might want as they are near impossible to shop for now they are older, can't get away with soft toys crayons and colouring books anymore although for the little ones it's fine.. I am off from the 6th December through to the 26th which is nice but it's a double edged sword as I will probably be spending most of that time prepping the xmas launch... 

I appreciate that as you get older the magic of Christmas disappears quicker than a toy catalogue on Nudges doormat but even the young ones are saturated with it on media and tv and I wonder if it still holds anything exciting for them even... On the upside though the family all get together for one of the few rare times in the year so grateful for that... 

So where are we at people??? are you ready?? 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been doing Christmas activities already at work because what else is there to do? I’m so upset I started in November. Going to take a long hard look at myself. 

I haven’t got any presents for anyone, not a lot to get for, got an idea for the missus already but family I don’t know ha 

I haven’t had a Christmas with my parents since 2014, so looking forward to that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 30/11/2018 at 11:03, Bluewolf said:

I appreciate that as you get older the magic of Christmas disappears quicker than a toy catalogue on Nudges doormat

The magic of Christmas does not disappear in here with me and the wife with 3 grandsons to keep us active at our old age lol, most of the Christmas shopping for them (grandsons) were done, parceled up and stored away in this flat last month especially on the Black Friday deals gone, we normally do this around Birthday and Christmas times for the grandsons and family every year now.    

The old Christmas tree that we had for years has now retired at the local rubbish tip and is now in the land of Christmas up above and we got a new one, Christmas is not Christmas without a tree...our grandsons would kick the shite out of me if they never saw one this year in here.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I can see the Christmas spirit is alive and literally kicking in your house then... 

Yep, we have had to hide this in our bedroom for our son for his wee one (our grandson 11+) he got it on the Black Friday sale's mentioned above, it cost him a bomb but as he said "I wanna see Alexaandas face we he sees this pops on Christmas Day, he wanted this ages ago but I did not have the dosh then"'

48099829_10156919096547855_8359914895453

I managed to get a lot of my xmas shopping done early - I'm not going to be in England this Christmas and none of my family is coming out here to see me, but I was just home two weeks ago. So I brought all of the presents for them and gave them a few weeks ago. Told them it's up to them whether they wait until the actual day or they can open them early - so the adults are all waiting until xmas while my kid cousins opened the fuck out of them as soon as I handed them over xD

So it's a bit nice not having to deal with the sudden December "oh shit, I've spent more money than I normally do at this stage in a month" and since I knew I was flying out months in advance, I sort of prepared for it.

All that's left is thinking of what to buy my fiancé and a few cheap shite gifts for the xmas party my friend is throwing. No buying food, no hosting visiting family, none of that shite.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Told them it's up to them whether they wait until the actual day or they can open them early

That's me!!, any prezzies, Christmas, Birthdays etc that I get early I open them and don't wait for the actual day, it's got to that stage that the wife will hide them until the actual day.

I've got to buy for my parents, my brother, and the girlfriend.

Sorted for my mum, just about sorted for my brother. Got an idea for my dad. Still doubtful about what to get the girlfriend. I tried buying her a sweater for her birthday which she ended up not liking and changing for something else, so I don't trust my ability to follow her tastes.

A scarf or perfume seems more safe, and I've already got a couple of minor presents to add on to whatever main thing I get.

• Subscriber

I had to tell the wife to let her big sis know not to get me any jumpers, I have around 10 in the cupboard that I have never worn as they are old-fashioned or extra large and I might have put on weight since I stopped smoking but I am not King Kong, and bloody slippers, I have 3 pairs still sitting in the cupboard from years gone by.  

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Toinho said:

Got one thing sorted for the gf, not sure what else, first “present” event for us. Hard to say what she will do for me... open to present suggestions from the internet haha

Oh I have many plans for you...

Archived