• Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:18, Spike said:

Any dump neighbourhood in Chicago.

*bang* *weeee woooo weee wooo*

‘Hey you wanna buy some socks?’

Church’s Chicken

Church's Chicken is delicious tbf

You sure they're not saying rocks and not socks, btw?

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Church's Chicken is delicious tbf

You sure they're not saying rocks and not socks, btw?

They may be saying rocks but the giveaway is the gigantic plastic bag of rolled up white tube socks.

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:49, Dr. Gonzo said:

The roughest place I've been is Zona Norte in Tijuana at about 3 A.M. - I've heard there's much rougher there though.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/tijuana-ranked-most-dangerous-city-in-the-world-as-spring-break-approaches

xD apparently I've heard right. I go down there every few months though and I've not once ever felt in danger so I guess I'm going to the rightplaces

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/tijuana-ranked-most-dangerous-city-in-the-world-as-spring-break-approaches

xD apparently I've heard right. I go down there every few months though and I've not once ever felt in danger so I guess I'm going to the rightplaces

The north of Mexico is actually the richest part of it, problem there is the cartels who basically run the states there. But i don't think they mess with foreigners and there's not much of a problem with robberies because of it, but thanks to it they do get one the highest homicide rates in the world and lots of people disappear (locals). If you want to feel you're about to get robbed and beaten up or killed for your shoes every step you take then your best bet is Central America, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil or just any shanty town in South America. xD

56 minutes ago, Berserker said:

The north of Mexico is actually the richest part of it, problem there is the cartels who basically run the states there. But i don't think they mess with foreigners and there's not much of a problem with robberies because of it, but thanks to it they do get one the highest homicide rates in the world and lots of people disappearances (locals). If you want to feel you're about to get robbed and beaten up or killed for your shoes every step you take then your best bet is Central America, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil or just any shanty town in South America. xD

Yeah and tourism is such a big part of Tijuana’s economy that I wouldn’t be surprised if cartels have investments of their own in legitimate business & foreigners feeling unsafe would hurt those businesses. For instance I’m certain that in TJ the 2 famous businesses Hong Kong and Adelitas have cartel ties

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah and tourism is such a big part of Tijuana’s economy that I wouldn’t be surprised if cartels have investments of their own in legitimate business & foreigners feeling unsafe would hurt those businesses. For instance I’m certain that in TJ the 2 famous businesses Hong Kong and Adelitas have cartel ties

For sure.

20 hours ago, Berserker said:

The north of Mexico is actually the richest part of it, problem there is the cartels who basically run the states there. But i don't think they mess with foreigners and there's not much of a problem with robberies because of it, but thanks to it they do get one the highest homicide rates in the world and lots of people disappear (locals). If you want to feel you're about to get robbed and beaten up or killed for your shoes every step you take then your best bet is Central America, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil or just any shanty town in South America. xD

Can't preach this enough. I've been lucky enough to not have been robbed yet, cos I always go to these places in groups and use common sense to reduce the risk. My dad and ex girlfriend have been robbed at gunpoint though, and I have a few mates who haven't told me their exact story but have also been subject to theft.

I'm expecting it to happen to me someday, but luckily it's not happened yet.

Lima is a dangerous place, and I hate to be discriminatory, but the Venezuelans have been part to blame. We have the second largest Venezuelan immigrant population in the world, and a lot of who have fled have been to blame for crime. Peruvians haven't been too happy with how they are behaving here.

Of course, crime here is a norm no matter nationality but the crime rate has increased with them, unfortunately. I now know how @Berserker and the Argentinians feel.

16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

@Blue kills for shoes.

I have an English friend here. He's in Lima because of his girlfriend. He goes to Alianza games quite often and told me he has done Millwall away and that compared to the are Alianza is based in, Millwall is like the best part of Lima in terms of safety.

Of course I'd imagine some of our best areas are better than bloody Millwall but in terms of safety he's still got a point!

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Fucking.

Kiev.

But I mean you're right; at least in SHV the cashiers in the supermarket smile instead of shouting at you for not having the exact amount to pay for groceries xD 

Just now, nudge said:

But I mean you're right; at least in SHV the cashiers in the supermarket smile instead of shouting at you for not having the exact amount to pay for groceries xD 

Yeah.. I mean obv Cambodia is poorer (though not by much it seemed at times), but in general it is not as dreary and hopeless as Ukraine.

Archived