• Ederson (Manchester City)
    • Alisson Becker (Liverpool)
    • Samir Handanovic (Internazionale)
    • Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan)
    • Helena Fernandez (Peru Under 19's)

This poll is closed to new votes

football forum

0vbPtsof.gif

Something that I thought I would put together given that there is always controversy whenever FIFA or UEFA announce their players of the year. Who do you think deserves to be in the Starting XI for a combined 2018 World XI? Who do you believe has excelled in 2018 and stands head and shoulders above the rest? I am going to open a vote just for goalkeepers for now but will be opening threads for defenders, midfielders and strikers in due course so that we can put together our team. Remember that you are voting for who has been the best this year not just the 2018/19 season so far.

Obviously, vote in the poll to have your say and the player(s) with the most votes will get a spot in the team. I'll try to include as many players as I can in the vote, but if you have someone else that you would like to vote for let me know so that I can add their name to the tally, I've been quite broad with the options however so I don't think too many extra names should come out of the hat.

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's really a stand out. 

Probably DDG across the year but in a World cup year it's hard to pick a player that had a bad world cup. Ter Stegen has been good but didn't play in the WC.

Courtois had a good WC but not a great year.

DDG

There is no argument from my stand point on this because the winner should be Marc-André ter Stegen.

David de Gea hasn't been at his typical consistent standards for the year where Ter Stegen has been absolutely colossal.  One can't even throw a dodgy World Cup at the young German keeper because his coach didn't think he was good enough with all of the general occurrences that had been witnessed with Manuel Neuer being injured longterm and only just making it for World Cup duty.

This shouldn't even be a debate chaps. B|

Gotta love some Barsa bias 😂. It can’t even be hidden 😂😂. De Gea with the exception of the World Cup has been class. Once again, put Stegen at United and De Gea at Barsa and you’d vote De Gea. It’s not even questionable :D. Can’t help having a fucking shite defence in front of you.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Gotta love some Barsa bias 😂. It can’t even be hidden 😂😂. De Gea with the exception of the World Cup has been class. Once again, put Stegen at United and De Gea at Barsa and you’d vote De Gea. It’s not even questionable :D. Can’t help having a fucking shite defence in front of you.

Like Barça's defence has been incredible this season (due to Umtiti's constant absence due to injuries) mate!

Still Ter Stegen has been on godlike form.  He has saved countless points over the year for Barça.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Like Barça's defence has been incredible this season (due to Umtiti's constant absence due to injuries) mate!

Still Ter Stegen has been on godlike form.  He has saved countless points over the year for Barça.

When have you heard the masses cry that Stegen saves Barsa week in, week out? Yet it’s always a pivotal topic at United because it’s true! De Gea is far more exposed on a weekly basis, which is why his stats are usually lower when save/shot percentage are taken into account. That midweek save in the Champions League was unreal.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

When have you heard the masses cry that Stegen saves Barsa week in, week out? Yet it’s always a pivotal topic at United because it’s true! De Gea is far more exposed on a weekly basis, which is why his stats are usually lower when save/shot percentage are taken into account. That midweek save in the Champions League was unreal.

Most weekly headlines in Spanish sports papers were exactly crying that most of last season mate.

You know De Gea is the only Man Utd chance of being represented here, don't you? xD;)

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What have you seen in him that other men haven't got? :ph34r:

Was arguably the best goalkeeper in the league, that being his debut season, joining from a relatively weak Czech league and playing for a club that battled against relegation for most of the time.

Also he's Czech :x xD 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Was arguably the best goalkeeper in the league, that being his debut season, joining from a relatively weak Czech league and playing for a club that battled against relegation for most of the time.

Also he's Czech :x xD 

Indeed... I've heard about the Czech myth! xD;)

Controversial pick for me, but Franco Armani. The only world class goalkeeper playing at South American club level. Absolutely outstanding year yet again from him.

Ter Stegen and Navas fight for my second place.

Archived