talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Expanse

football forum

• Subscriber

Just watched the first episode and really liked it. Don't know how it slipped under my radar; some great characters, very interesting storyline and setting, good visuals and believable scifi.

expanse05-590x197.jpg

The Expanse is a space opera, mystery-sci-fi drama television series based on the bestselling novels of the same name by James S. A. Corey.

Set a few hundred years in our future, the fragile relationship between Earth, Mars and the Belt is reaching a tipping point.

Soon, the three factions will discover their political machinations are the least of their worries when confronted with a conspiracy that could threaten all of humanity.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/

Anyone else watched it? Season 4 is due next year.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Are you through with all 3 seasons already?

I’ve got Season 3 still to watch, I was mixed on season 2. But mostly because season 1 was so full of well paced mystery 

I liked all 3 seasons it very much. Season 4 (when it allegedly airs) is supposed to be a big "jumping the shark" I guess. If I have to pick a letdown, CGI since the end of season 2 has been a bit meh. Not only artistic design cannot hold to a positive comparison with Giger's Alien Universe art but to many mundane shows in that regard.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

3 seasons.. will have to get on that then... I understand that the 4th season is now underway as well.. 

Amazon picked it up after SyFy cancelled it but the release date is unclear yet! Officially confirmed for 2019 though.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Great show. I was under the impression that Syfy went ahead and did what it does to all nice shows and gave it the dustbin treatment. Nice to see that Amazon has picked it back up. 

You watched all three seasons? I'm almost done with Season 1 and I LOVE it so I'm just desperate to hear that it stays good throughout :7_sweat_smile: Kowabunga there mentioned that CGI doesn't look that good since the end of Season 2; Batard said he was mixed on Season 2; I don't want to be disappointed hehe...

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, nudge said:

You watched all three seasons? I'm almost done with Season 1 and I LOVE it so I'm just desperate to hear that it stays good throughout :7_sweat_smile: Kowabunga there mentioned that CGI doesn't look that good since the end of Season 2; Batard said he was mixed on Season 2; I don't want to be disappointed hehe...

Season 1 was what got me hooked and I thought it was brilliant at the time but as with most SyFy shows it drags a bit in Season 2. Stick with it though as its rewarding as it progresses.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nudge said:

Just finished Season 2! Still enjoyed it a lot and can't wait to see what happens next... @Bluewolf how far ahead are you? @Kowabunga now I know what you meant with disappointing CGI :D 

About halfway through season 2... was hoping to have finished the second season by now but keep getting sidetracked.. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Halfway through Season 3 and loving it. Thought it was getting a bit predictable at the beginning, but it picked up the speed nicely as it went on and now I can't stop watching at 3am after work ¬¬

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Halfway through Season 3 and loving it. Thought it was getting a bit predictable at the beginning, but it picked up the speed nicely as it went on and now I can't stop watching at 3am after work ¬¬

I still have the last episode of season 2 to see... my streaming site has undergone a face lift of some sort and it meant I initially lost everything and only got scrambled words up on the screen then after a couple of days it was blank boxes and now I can see the series but it won't load properly.. I just have to be patient while it gets sorted out, annoying though, there is only so much rubbish I can watch on Youtube

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I still have the last episode of season 2 to see... my streaming site has undergone a face lift of some sort and it meant I initially lost everything and only got scrambled words up on the screen then after a couple of days it was blank boxes and now I can see the series but it won't load properly.. I just have to be patient while it gets sorted out, annoying though, there is only so much rubbish I can watch on Youtube

Want a link to another site?...

• Subscriber

Have just finished watching Season 3 finale... love it love it love it! Loved the little monologue by Holden at the very end; and also love the whole backstory of the proto-molecule. I thought the show was going a bit nuts in the middle of the season but they wrapped it all up nicely! Looking forward to season 4 now...

Archived