talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Expanse

football forum

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have just finished watching Season 3 finale... love it love it love it! Loved the little monologue by Holden at the very end; and also love the whole backstory of the proto-molecule. I thought the show was going a bit nuts in the middle of the season but they wrapped it all up nicely! Looking forward to season 4 now...

Just beat you to it... :P finished watching the last one last night.. had to pull a late one to fit it in but well worth it

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

That deserves an A+! 

Nice... B|

Really enjoyed that, cramming the show over such a short period helped because I did not have to wait around for each new episode.. I thought the way things ended would have almost been just about right even if they never made another series.. I am wondering what direction a 4th season might go in now?? The final episode left enough for the imagination to take over wondering about all the possibilities that lay before them and of course the teaser about the origins or the creators of the protomolecule.. It was good to see Miller making a return even if it was in Holdens mind... 

Enjoyed the crews friendships they built up along the way and would have liked to see the crew get a bit bigger with those additions but even though they didn't they have gained allies now for future episodes which I am sure will come in handy.. The 2 best :o moments had to have been when he took apart the doctor like a jigsaw puzzle and laid him out on the floor.. and of course the very sudden death of the space racer who met a rather sudden and unexpected end as he was showing off going through the ring... I was expecting something to happen but that caught me out, nice and gory..[/spolier]

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Nice... B|

Hide contents

Really enjoyed that, cramming the show over such a short period helped because I did not have to wait around for each new episode.. I thought the way things ended would have almost been just about right even if they never made another series.. I am wondering what direction a 4th season might go in now?? The final episode left enough for the imagination to take over wondering about all the possibilities that lay before them and of course the teaser about the origins or the creators of the protomolecule.. It was good to see Miller making a return even if it was in Holdens mind... 

Enjoyed the crews friendships they built up along the way and would have liked to see the crew get a bit bigger with those additions but even though they didn't they have gained allies now for future episodes which I am sure will come in handy.. The 2 best :o moments had to have been when he took apart the doctor like a jigsaw puzzle and laid him out on the floor.. and of course the very sudden death of the space racer who met a rather sudden and unexpected end as he was showing off going through the ring... I was expecting something to happen but that caught me out, nice and gory..[/spolier]

I really enjoyed it too. As I posted earlier, I thought the show was going a bit nuts starting Season 3 Episode 8 I think, right after the war between Mars and Earth was over and they started with a new storyline a few months later with the sister of Julie Mao seeking Holden, protomolecule manifesting as Miller in Holden's mind, the Ring... But then they did a good job to properly explain everything and I really enjoyed it. As you said, the way the season ended would have a good enough ending for the whole series, but I'm glad more is to come... Now I'm really eager to find out what happened and who (or what?_ destroyed the original civilization of the creators of the protomolecule billions of years ago and what awaits in all these new habitable worlds waiting to be explored behind the gates that the Ring opened. As Holden said, it’s going to be another blood-soaked gold rush. I absolutely loved that little philosophical monologue at the very end of the finale; really summed up the humanity well. 

For me it's easily one of the best sci-fi shows ever and I'm so glad I discovered it. Considering getting the books it's based on but I'm afraid it will ruin the experience afterwards!

Just reading about this while looking into season 4

Jennifer Salke

Image result for Jennifer Salke

https://www.mymbuzz.com/2018/06/13/heres-how-the-fans-of-the-expanse-influenced-amazon-to-buy-season-4/

“There were airplanes circling us, I was having cakes delivered, there was a whole thing happening. And then really smart people, whose opinions I really value creatively, started reaching out to me, saying, ‘have you seen this show, The Expanse, it’s actually great.’ I hadn’t so I spent some time, I watched the show and I was like, this show is actually really well done, why is nobody watching it?

At the same time, Jeff Bezos was getting emails from everyone from George R.R. Martin to every captain of industry, like the founder of Craigslist, and they were all writing, saying, there’s this show, it’s so great, you have to see it, you have to buy it or save it.”

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Batard said:

Didn’t realize how short the episodes were, been flying through season three. Speaking of which, season three has been superb. 

Yeah it's great, isn't it? Season 2 was my least favourite. Season 1 and 3 are different but both great; I think I prefer Season 3 overall though!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah it's great, isn't it? Season 2 was my least favourite. Season 1 and 3 are different but both great; I think I prefer Season 3 overall though!

Season 2 never hit the heights of season 1 for me. I can’t really choose between season 1 & 3 at this point. 

When does filming start for season 4? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

Season 2 never hit the heights of season 1 for me. I can’t really choose between season 1 & 3 at this point. 

When does filming start for season 4? 

Start? It's already finished :D Waiting for the official air date to be announced! ^_^

• Administrator

I finished watching season 3 last night. After finishing Daredevil season 3 on my daily commute to work I wasn't sure I'd find anything to compete with that. This, this was immense. I appreciate now how much ground work season 2 did for this one. There are elements that on reflection don't quite add up but I suspect the best foot forward here is to watch it all back to back.

I also know having spoken to someone who's read all the books that the series has been so far very faithful to the first two books. I also got told some spoilers but I won't share them, still pissed off he told me to be fair hahaha. Season 4 can't really get released quick enough.

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

I finished watching season 3 last night. After finishing Daredevil season 3 on my daily commute to work I wasn't sure I'd find anything to compete with that. This, this was immense. I appreciate now how much ground work season 2 did for this one. There are elements that on reflection don't quite add up but I suspect the best foot forward here is to watch it all back to back.

I also know having spoken to someone who's read all the books that the series has been so far very faithful to the first two books. I also got told some spoilers but I won't share them, still pissed off he told me to be fair hahaha. Season 4 can't really get released quick enough.

Image result for noooo gifs

How annoying is that.... xD

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Image result for noooo gifs

How annoying is that.... xD

What made it worse is he said “I don’t want to spoil it for you but ... fuck it I’m going to tell you anyhow!”

... Cunt xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Batard said:

What made it worse is he said “I don’t want to spoil it for you but ... fuck it I’m going to tell you anyhow!”

... Cunt xD

Hope he's no longer your friend... xD 

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Excellent.... 

Really looking forward to it... The release date + the new trailer should be announced at some point this weekend during the Comic Con! At any case it's supposed to return early fall apparently.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Really looking forward to it... The release date + the new trailer should be announced at some point this weekend during the Comic Con! At any case it's supposed to return early fall apparently.

Must keep an eye open for that... really pleased they have done a 4th season, don't know what the viewing figures are for it but clearly it's grown on people as it's gone along and it is a quality show with a good mix of interesting characters.. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Must keep an eye open for that... really pleased they have done a 4th season, don't know what the viewing figures are for it but clearly it's grown on people as it's gone along and it is a quality show with a good mix of interesting characters.. 

Amazon picked up the show after Syfy cancelled it and they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for the fan outrage and pleas to #SaveTheExpanse so I think viewing figures were high enough! 

https://theexpanselives.com/the-power-of-fans-how-the-expanse-was-saved/

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Amazon picked up the show after Syfy cancelled it and they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for the fan outrage and pleas to #SaveTheExpanse so I think viewing figures were high enough! 

https://theexpanselives.com/the-power-of-fans-how-the-expanse-was-saved/

What an interesting read that was, great the way they kept coming up with different ways to keep the idea alive.. The Rocinante going up to the edge of space was pretty cool... Just shows what can be achieved

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What an interesting read that was, great the way they kept coming up with different ways to keep the idea alive.. The Rocinante going up to the edge of space was pretty cool... Just shows what can be achieved

I love it because it both saved the show I really like AND showed the power of collective action. Those kind of things help kill the cynic in me; if just a little bit xD 

• Subscriber

What a day... We've got a teaser trailer AND a 5 minute preview of Season 4! :o 

It look great! December 13 is still a loooooong time to wait though :( 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It will be worth it... be there before you know it.. B|

You certainly are on a roll... xD

Just bored after work and trying to prolong the day by posting shite :/

Archived